MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 7

Tools    

Boy, this fantasy football is kind of humbling stuff eh?

I mean, I know Dex is the new kid on the block this year here at MoFo, but I know he's played it quite a bit. Petey (Beantown Champs) has played FFB for over a decade if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how long Seds has played it, but I know he's a huge football fan in general and knows his stuff. I've watched football since I was a baby, listen to the sports radio, read crap online. You name it.

What do we all have in common? We're all pretty terrible, for the most part. Bad luck? Maybe. I mean wow. Petey started off on fire at 2-0 and has now dropped 4 straight? Seriously? At least my team has been consistently under achieving and I almost know what to expect at this point. But Seds must be ready to put his foot through his screen on Sunday's trying to figure out what the hell is going on with his team. I'm looking at his roster right now and it is not a bad team.

Crazy effing game this...

And the best part? We're all only 2 games back! What a league.

For what its worth my picks were fair to middling last week at 4-3, which brings me up to 19-24 on the year. Slow going, but I hope to get back to respectability. I mean really, how long can this goofy game keep us all guessing?

Are we playing this week? What's happening? Is PW going to curse me by picking me this week?

Let's see...

PW's Odd Squad vs. His Own Ego

Talk about a team that has surprised you a bit and I think His Own Ego qualifies. He's gotten some key performances from several different players to drive his record up to 4-2. Sadly, he's been pretty quiet on Sundays. I think he's got the life stuff to attend to but he's still keeping track of his team. Yahoo has us as a pretty tight game with my boys as a slight underdog.

I actually like my chances this week. Call me crazy and I'll most likely be cussing up a storm (again) come Sunday.

My pick: Odd Squad... SHOCKER!!!

11 Angry Men vs. The No Name Gang

Boy, Yoder may have dodged a serious bullet by not having to face Johnson this week who's on a bye. He and Schuab look like they may have figured a few things out last week, but whatever, the game will still be played and the Angry Men need some big days from MJD and Welker to keep his nice streak going. He may very well get them too. No Name could surprise the Angry Men though, its not out of the realm of possibility with Flacco, Jennings and White on his team. Should be fun to keep tabs on this one.

My pick: The No Name Gang, upset special of the week!

The Replicants vs. The Tongo Express

Another close game and it may actually be close on the scoreboard when its all said and done. Tongo needs win to try to keep pace with the upper half of the league. Mikey needs a win to get one step closer to .500. Colston can't possibly go another week with crap numbers... can he?

My pick: The Replicants tell Tongo all about their Mother.

Sookie's Suckers vs Team Zissou

And yet another close game... sigh. I got nuthin'. Coin flip time...

My pick: Team Zissou, "He's got hydrogen psychosis, the crazy-eye!"

Teen Terrors vs. Beantown Champs

If ever there was a week to get the Terrors its this one when Reggie Wayne is on a bye. It seems right now that the Terrors are going to try to roll out Cutler, who may be dead by the end of this week if that terrible Chicago O-Line has anything to say about it. And she's also playing not one but two Seattle Seahawks. It could work, I guess. I have no idea what the Seahawks are going to look like week to week and neither does their coach.

My pick: Beantown gets of the shnide.

Flash vs. Dextruction

Wouldn't it be funny if Flashy won this week? Well, I think it would be sort of funny. Somehow I doubt that Dex would see any humor in it whatsoever.

My pick: Dextruction 3 in a row means Winning streak!!!

Hired Goons vs. GWOW

Another close one provided that GWOW switches out his defense, which he probably will. If not then maybe the Badger has an easier road to get right into the thick of things. Even if he does I still really like Badgers chances this week.

My pick: Hired Goons... Boom!

Alright then, here we go again! Are you ready?

Good stuff once again P.W.

Clark and Addai might be out for a long time - all from one game. If I were a lesser man I would cry (Who am I kidding? I am bawling my eyes out). I am hoping the bye week will give them time to heal up. That Clark injury really hurts if he misses games. The funny thing about P. Manning however is that even with this setback the Colts still look good. I kinda like my chances this week, it is next week that worries me more. Mathmatically - and not at a far stretch either, it is still anyones year to go all the way - fun stuff.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm troubled somewhat by WaWA choosing me in my matchup, however I 2 believe he is on his way to respectability with his choices.

Week 7 Predictions

Sookie's Suckers vs Team Zissou
This should be the matchup of the week, but the only person on Zissous roster I feel wont perform to expectations is Ryan Matthews. Sookie gets Zissou'd Whatever that means

Hired Goons vs GWOW
This game could and should be close, but Goons Ronnie Brown vs Pittsburgh & Robert Meachum having a low percentage chance of having a key pass go his way (like all WRs for NO) could give the GWOWs the edge. GWOW picking St Louis K & D up against my Bucs?! Thats just mean. Smart, but mean. My gut tells me GWOWs stiffer competition overall will be too much to overcome Goons win a close one

11 Angry Men vs The No Name Gang
Seems like theres no way Yodas 11 can lose this game. TNNG has Flacco and if hes capable of a big game it will come vs Buffalo. Also 11s Welker is missing Randy Moss more than anybody because defenses can focus more on just him now. NYG has a GREAT defense, and Romo imo is not up to the task. The No Name Gang change their name to "The upset pick of the week!". Maybe too long for a name.

Teen Terrors vs Beantown Champs
Shrewd Petey picks up Anthony Armstrong, and I feel TTs Cutler will show his suckiness again vs Washington. BCs Hernandez will pick up Manninghams slack, and TTs TE Shockey chances of getting a throw is like throwing dice. Beantown's back! Teens terrified!

His Own Ego vs PW's Odd Squad
Good call to PW grabbing Cassel, but Im really trying hard though to find a scenario where he gets this win. Ahem! -swallows vomit- I think Steven Jackson will have an incredible game vs Tampa Bay, and McGahee & Jacobs have not proven yet they can be counted on week to week. His Own Ego is secure beating up on an Odd Squad

Flash vs Dextruction
Dexter has put together a very impressive lineup thru trading, and waivers. This is the Colts Bye week Flash gets Dextroyed

The Tongo Express vs The Replicants
Reps Kyle Orton will have a tough day vs Oaklands good pas defense, and I like a motivated Rivers vs NE. THANK GOSH Peterson and Hillis have tough competition vs GB & NO, but the best I could hope for in that regard is to match his points as Ivorys not completely proven & Forsett is 2nd to Lynch for touches. I hate to say it, but both teams become 3-4. Bad for me & good for him

Im going to forego the music to post this young Chargers fan voicing his disappointment with their loss to the Raiders last week...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yoda , if i somehow storm back and capture the MoFo Cup, feel free to engrave this

Dexter has put together a very impressive lineup thru trading, and waivers.-
Tongo
Red dye would be appropriate

Dallas Clark is out for the year with a wrist injury!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-clark

Poor Flash. With Addai in bad shape too this is looking like an uphill climb for Dionne.

Benching Miles Austin

Miles Austin has been all but shut out a couple of games this season and this looks to be one of them. Probably the dumbest move I could possibly make, but I do know he is the #1 target of any pass defense, and the Giants are #2 on pass defense overall uin the NFL. They will not allow Miles those highlight reel plays on Monday Night Football. Danario Alexander will be taking his spot in my lineup this week

A system of cells interlinked
*Looks for Jay*

*Shrugs*

I don't see him!

He was on for a second when I logged on and then disappeared again. Maybe you should go throw a few rocks at his house or something. Small rocks... of course.

Fantasy Football Fact:

MJD is a fantasy football team owner, and he plays himself on his fantasy team! Why did I trade him?!