MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 3

Tools    

Well, you draft like a dummy in this league and you end up without a win in the first two weeks... apparently. Hey, I admit it. I screwed up bigtime by taking Shonn Greene when I had a chance to nab a very good receiver in the second round. He may still end up being a good player but at this point he's crap and I admit it, LT looks good. If there's any justice in this sh*tty world he will most definitely be hit by a very large bus before Sunday.

Not holding my breath though... sigh.

Anyone wanna give me a bunch o' really good players for some sub par bench players that may or may not even play this year?

Worth a shot.

The good news is I got at least one game right last week and even got back in the plus column with a 4-3 week to bring my record back up to almost respectable level at 6-8. And since I really want to win the car I will most assuredly be back in the over .500 column come next week. Will that translate into an improbable Odd Squad victory? Stay tuned loyal reader and find out.

First up is my mess of an Odd Squad vs Hired Goons

And boy is my team ever an odd little conglomeration of underachievers right about now. And I'm not talkin' Little Lebowski Urban Achievers neither. Looks like Yahoo has me as a big underdog and frankly when you draft the way I did I really can't blame them. Until some of my guys start stepping up, I'm afraid I am forced to keep picking the other guy.

My pick: Hired Goons... "Gooney Goo-Goo, Gus."

11 Angry Men vs. Sookie's Suckers

Boy, this one looks like it will be fun to watch and I know Yoder is just kicking his own ass right now for trading Tolbert away now that it appears Matthews may not play. Tolbert gets Seattle too. Although Seattle at home is a little better than most bad teams at home if their first game is any indication anyway. We'll see.Yahoo has this one pretty much right down the middle right now but Sookie gets Favre against Dertoit. Remember Detroit? A perfect team for Favre to "get well" on even if he's not 100%. I bet he'll have a pretty nice day. I don't think I've predicted an 11 Angry Men game correctly yet this year so perhaps it will please him when I pick against him this week.

My pick: Sookie Suckers, where there's a will...

His Own Ego vs. The Replicants

Will anyone be undefeated after this weekend? Tough call. Odds are good I guess as there's 4 teams that are 2-0 right now and Jay's Ego is one of them. I just can't stop looking at The Replicants roster though. It looks like a beast on my screen and yet, there he sits down in the cellar with me at 0-2. I gotta believe that comes to an end this week.

My pick: The Replicants, back in bidness.

Team Zissou vs. Beantown Champs

Man, Yahoo has Team Zissou scoring a metric ton of points this week. Is another 2-0 team going to fall? Could be. Vick is a total wild card here obviously. If the "good Vick-bad Vick" surfaces this week then Zissou may be in for a dose of "bad Vick" this week. If he doesn't though and he keeps up this level of play then the move to pick him up may just turn out to be the waiver steal of the year.

My pick: Team Zissou, thanks for changing that team name by the way.

The Tongo Express vs. Dextruction

This seems like it should be closer to me. I base that on nothing more than my unreasonable knack for stating completely silly things that have no basis in reality whatsoever. I bet I can safely say though that Dex would be awfully pleased if Tony Gonzalez would catch more than one freaking pass a week. I know I would be as I have him too in another league... heh. But yeah, Tongo's team looks pretty good and I hope he continues to keep his boys together without trading them all by week 8.

My pick: Tongo Express keeps a rolling

The No Name Gang vs. Flash

Another 2-0 team could be in trouble this week as two of his key guys are already a little banged up. May be gametime decisions, who knows. I know stuff like that is always fun for fantasy managers. I do know that much. I actually think that Hasselbeck may have a pretty nice day fantasy wise and Peterson gets Detroit too. I agree with Yahoo here.

My pick: The No Name Gang gets victory number 1!

Teen Terrors vs. GWOW

I still think that's really fun to say. Juno suddenly has a QB on her team that looks like he may be a Pro-Bowl guy under Martz. We'll see if that continues. It might. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Martz has turned a QB into an offensive dynamo. That's right, I said dynamo. I passed on Cutler too by the way to pick Kolb. Aren't I smart?

She has Palmer in right now, but I'd be really shocked if she didn't check in and change that. Sometimes you gotta roll with the hot hand and Cutler if most definitely smokin' right now. GWOW does have the Gold Teef guy, but will it be enough?

My pick: Teen Terrors, the only 3-0 team left standing. Good for you, you little midget person!

Well there you have it MoFo's. Feel free to tell me just how terrible my team is. I can take it. I fully expect to be 0-3 by Sunday night. Pile on time!!!

Well, you draft like a dummy in this league and you end up without a win in the first two weeks... apparently. Hey, I admit it. I screwed up bigtime by taking Shonn Greene when I had a chance to nab a very good receiver in the second round. He may still end up being a good player but at this point he's crap and I admit it, LT looks good.
For all I've said about Greene, I still don't think he can be anywhere near this bad, and I think he finishes the year with 200+ carries, which should be enough to do some damage. He's still the more talented back there, even if he's off to a slow start. Hopefully Ryan will realize that.

As for Tolbert...yeah, whatchagonnado? Other than wait two more hours to learn that Mathews has a high ankle sprain, I mean. D'oh. I'm already worried that Tolbert may have been that big waiver wire break I was waiting for. That'd be bad.

If there's any justice in this sh*tty world he will most definitely be hit by a very large bus before Sunday.

Great writeup as always Chris H, and dont be so glum having a bad team. I had a crap team last year, and on top of that put hours and hours of trading to build it, and trading it away but neither here nor there youll savor your victories like a soldier on leave at a brothel. Ten hut! Anyway the point is I had a blast last year and not to stress it.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
1st off, terriffic write-up

The Tony G thing is bang flippen on. Heck i was tempted today to pick up Pettigrew, and accept that Gonzalez' Fantasy relevance has passed.

i... just ...can't....do ...it. I know the moment i give up on teh guy, Ryan remembers his number and he gets 70 yards and a pair of TD's.

which brings me to Jamaal Charles. Same thing..i Wanted so bad to bench him and roll with Mcghahee. But i can't do it. Thomas jones is gonna get stuffed and stuffed hard. and maybe..just maybe..the light bulb will finally go off in Haley's head...yea the same lightbulb moment that told him Edgerinn James was toast and Tim Hightower is getten it done catchen lil passes and runnen forever.

yes this week Jamaal Charles gets 20 points. well he would if benched him anyway.

which brings me to Bernard Berrian, Dammit man, its the Detroit fricken Lions and you gots Adrian Petereson to keep the DB's honest. Surely to goodness Bret favvrevevre can get at least a couple passes to Beetwice downfield.

right?

i mean if not here and now, then when and ever?

If Detroit beats up on the vikes this week, i predict favre goes down , limps off with that sad face of his we've all seen 1000 times . you know the one, the constipated look coupled with puppy dog eyes, yeah that 1, and blah blah blah. he's retired. unofficially.

by the way Yoda, Waiver wire pick up of the year , you got gim with Keiland Williams. no Way Portis is lasting the year, and Shanahan has the magic pixie dust for developing RB's. that kid will be rocken out teh big pts for ya by week 8.

gooney goo goo - gus..haha still brings a smile after all these years.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well, we are now into week 3, the week where if you don't have at least one win coming out of it, you are pretty much dead in the water. So three teams will be hoping to get in the win column for the 1st time this week.

4 Teams will also look to stay undefeated and put themselves in pretty good shape for the rest of the year, though not invincible. My predictions were shaky at best last week, but this is what I'm thinking for this week.

The No Name Gang vs. Flash

I would love to say that having Adrian Peterson is a huge plus against the Lions, but I know that Brett Favre is going to steal the show, whether that be for good or bad. When it comes to the No Name Gangs you are either a stud or a huge dud. Flash, meanwhile banks on another good Colts performance. Obviously there has to come a week where the Colts aren't necessarily on there A-game. This week, however, I see no signs of Manning and company slowing down, as Manning garners at least 3 more TD's this week. Yet another good Tim Hightower performance gives up any chance for the No Name Gang.

The Pick: Flash

11 Angry Men vs. Sookie's Suckers

In a league where WR's rule supreme, 11 Angry Men looks to be set up pretty well. But RB's do fair some importance, and I just don't see Fred Taylor and Jerome Harrison (or whoever gets the start, for that matter) faring too well this week. Of course Matt Schaub should be in line for a big week. On the other side you have Larry Fitzgerald putting up huge numbers against Oakland (when Asomugha isn't covering him) and you'll see Brett Favre finally put up a solid statline. This one could go either way if New England continues to throw with its lead to Moss and Welker, but I'm going the other way with it.

The Pick: Sookie's Suckers

His Own Ego vs. The Replicants

Interesting matchup that could honestly go either way. I'm expecting Eli Manning to have a huge week, but guys like Demarius Thomas, Zach Miller, and Brandon Lloyd will probably be worthless. The Replicants are rolling the dice with Kyle Orton, who hasn't been looking too bad this year early on. And DeAngelo Williams is still looking for his 1st breakout performance of the year. I see this as a somewhat low scoring affair that Andre Johnson and Marques Colston somehow find a way to help the Replicants.

The Pick: The Replicants

Team Zissou vs. Beantown Champs

Just when I thought Team Zissou was mediocre, Best, Nicks, and Vick prove me wrong. But mark my word, Best and Nicks won't reach the zone this week. But I'm loving Maurice Jones Drew this week, and to a bit lesser extent, DeSean Jackson. We haven't seen the best out of Drew Brees yet, but guys like Austin Collie and Matt Forte have been quick out the gates. I'm going with Michael Vick proving me wrong again, and leading Team Zissou to a victory.

The Pick: Team Zissou

Rivers vs. Rodgers should be an interesting and pivotal part of this matchup to watch. To me we are looking at 2 of the best in the fantasy business. Having that connection to Gates, sure helps Tongo as well. Aside from Rodgers and Charles, the roster looks downright ugly for Dex. Just too much talent at the top for Tongo to lose this.

The Pick: Tongo

PW's Odd Squad vs. The Hired Goons

I'm not completely giving up on Tony Romo, but something tells me that this just may not be his year. Tom Brady should have a huge day, it is Buffalo after all. Look for Ray Rice to have a huge day, much in the same way that I thought D Will would go off last week (he didn't mind you). Surprises may also be in store for Naanee and Deon Butler as they put up solid statlines to help the Odd Squad to victory for the 1st time this year.

The Pick: Odd Squad

Teen Terrors vs. GWOW

Teen Terrors has a lot going for them right now, most notably Reggie Wayne, who will once again put up big numbers. I also really expect Carson Palmer to have a solid statline. Starting 4 Redskins, regardless if it is against the Rams or not, just seems like a red flag to me. However, I am very high on Marshall and Chris Johnson this week. When it's all sad and done guys like Heath Miller and Darren McFadden do just enough to help Teen Terrors keep there perfect record.

The Pick: Teen Terrors.

Week 3______

Team Zissou vs Beantown Champs

This is a great matchup. Michael Vick may be back and better than ever. Im confident enough in Vick vs Jacksonville to say he'll cancel out Btowns Brees vs Atlanta. then it gets dicey - Desean should be great too, and moreso than Btowns Ocho. I dont feel Hakeem Nicks will be the big scorer this week....just cause, and Im pretty sure Malcom Floyd would be worth more vs Seattle.

Zissous got MJD and Jahvid Best, but Champs Pierre "Im really the only RB now?" Thomas, and that Forte guy seems to be a serious fantasy football threats again. Z will win the RB battle, but not by much. Ahmad Bradshaws the main man now for the NYG, but Austin "What do you want for him Petey?" Collie will negate him at the least in our PPR league. Tight Ends, Kickers, and Defense is a crapshoot.
Beantown Champs go 3-0, but only because hes playing 3 WRs compared to Zissous 2. The matchups too even and that little tidbit could be the differencemaker.

Teen Terrors vs GWOW
GWOWs Washington Redskins are playing St. Louis GWOW wins!

11 Angry Men vs Sookie's Suckers
Dwayne Bowe Sookie? Really? Otherwise I feel shes got Yodas 11AM beat. I truly think Favre and Harvin will get the pass game together vs Detroit, and that should negate Schaub vs Dallas. The WR slots belong to 11AM, not by a landslide though, but SS destroys Yodas running game by alot!
11 Angry Men lose and become 11 Pissed Men

PW's Odd Squad vs Hired Goons
I could just picture Ray Rice in the Odd Squad locker room thinking to himself "Who did I piss off to be playing on this team?!". Goons beat Odd Squad

His Own Ego vs The Replicants
Jay take Moreno out of your lineup hes ruled out for sundays game.

Andre Johnson is ready to break out, and score 30 points vs Dallas. Why? Because he can and hes due thats why. I like Replicants WR matchup vs Jays Ego alot more. Johnathan Stewart should be subbing for Moreno, but even if he does Replicants should win this match

The No Name Gang vs Flash
No Names All Day & Roddie White arent enough to beat a team with that many Colts. Even playing a tough Denver defense wont stop the overall wave of fantasy points. Flash beats the No Namers

The Tongo Express vs Dextruction
Dex only has one standout player (Aaron Rodgers), and Ive got 3 (Rivers, Gates, & Miles Austin). Our lineups are pretty so-so other than that. I feel my so-soers have more potential than his so-soers though, and so The Tongo Express goes over a speedbump named Dextruction

Dex only has one standout player (Aaron Rodgers), and Ive got 3 (Rivers, Gates, & Miles Austin). Our lineups are pretty so-so other than that. I feel my so-soers have more potential than his so-soers though, and so The Tongo Express goes over a speedbump named Dextruction
I'd love to disparage your Top 3 , but I won't, primarily because Rivers is my starting QB over @ cbs, while Gates is my TE @ espn.

instead, I'll just point out that Romo loves Dez Bryant, because thats who Jerry Jones tells him to love.

also, Harvin is a headache away from being out of the lineup.

welcome to the Berrian era.

Love the breakdowns, guys.

That said, I wouldn't say Andre Johnson is "due," because he scored 33.8 points last week. Naturally, he can do it again, but just because he's awesome, and not because he's overdue for such a performance.

Like my chances okay this week. Rotten luck to be playing Favre when he has such a good matchup, but I think Bowe and Cotchery are both huge risks, and I think Witten'll finally have a strong day. Oh, and I think I'll probably get somewhere in the neighborhood of 15+ points combined from my RBs, which is really all I plan to need most weeks. I guess we'll see.

has anyone ever gone ofer in the history of mofo football?

i dont mean folks that lose interest and flake out, having guys on bye weeks on game day roster..not those turds.

..coz looken around at my fellow C.H.U.D.S., i think one of us has a serious chance.

Nope; The Tateraters went 1-11 last season, and they're kind of an outlier, as the next lowest teams after that went 3-10 and 3-11. I don't think anyone will go winless this year, if I had to guess.

Welcome to Week 3 MoFo Leaguers, and whatta week its gonna be! First off, I just want to say “Congratulations” to Team Zissou for scoring BIG TIME in their Week 2 matchup vs. Dextruction and proving me completely wrong in my prediction. Vick came up HUGE and Jahvid Best went into “Beast Mode” to lead the team to victory. Good stuff! So far, my magic 8-ball predictions have me at 11-3 for the season and I'm hoping to get it 7-0 this week (theres a first time for everything right?), so without anymore hubbub....

Teen Terrors vs. GWOW -
This week has a lot of “either-way” games and this battle is one of them. I'm not a fan of egg basket teams, but with the Redskins playing the Rams, GWOW could seal a victory with one game. McNabb and Co. could easily rain down the fury on St. Louis and I expect around 20-24 points from Donovan and if Portis can stay in the game, he may net 15-17 for GWOW. Johnson may find it difficult getting any respect in NY, so I'm not seeing 20+ points this week from him as realistic, but I said the same about Vick and look how that turned out. The Terrors have Carson Palmer in Carolina this week and I think he will have a big game, and could break 35+ for his team. Terrors WR's should have big numbers in their matchups and I believe TT's RB's will fair better than Yahoo predicts. Unfortunately one of these two undefeated teams has to lose and I think the winner will be...

Teen Terrors gets a breakout day from McFadden for the win!!

The No Name Gang vs. Flash -
Another one of the “flip-a-coin” matchups this week has the 0-2 Gang smashing heads with the 2-0 Flash and this game is gonna be really good. Flash has the same potential as GWOW, with his victory or loss swinging on one game, but Indy rolled the Giants last week and they are better than the Broncos, so Flash may not need to worry. The Broncos do have a decent secondary, but Peyton is gonna light it up with Dallas Clark this week and I see Tim Hightower having major fantasy value playing Oakland on Sunday. The jury is still out on Hasselbeck and playing at home may help improve his numbers, but San Diego looked like a well oiled machine last week and I think they may come into Seattle and smoke'm. With Minnesota playing the Lions this week, the Gang is drooling over the possible points explosion from All Day Peterson, but don't count those points too soon, the Lions D has looked better than recent times and may shock the country with an upset this week. I think Jones may get stuffed in Houston, but New Englands defense may make up the difference and Gostkowski should be kicking extra points all afternoon. Tough call, this one, but I'll go with my gut...

Flash narrowly makes it to 3-0

PW's Odd Squad vs. Hired Goons -

Hmmmmm, this one looks rather interesting. I'd give this one to the Goons hands-down if it weren't for all those red P's and a Q next to the majority of his players. If Turner can't play, that will be Bad JuJu and Ronnie Brown may get his ass handed to him from the Jets front line, so the RB slots for the Hired Goons isn't looking too sharp. Decent looks for Driver and Moss, so I'd expect average numbers at least from them. PW should see excellent numbers from Vernon Davis in his TE spot and Ray Rice won't disappoint the home crowd facing the Browns Sunday afternoon. Shonn Greene however, may not fair all too well in Miami, having to split carries with LT and not getting the ball in the Red Zone when the time comes to make fantasy owners happy. Tony Romo is gonna have to carry his team on those knobby shoulders this week if the Odd Squad is gonna get his first win on the season, and although its possible he could have a good game, I think the Texans are gonna crush their in-state foes in the end and put the Cowboys at 0-3, so PW has to hope for a high scoring game to give him any chance. No matter what the Odd Squads team does Sunday, it still has to deal with the possibility that Brady will throw for 4 TDs and 400+ yards on the Bills and seal the deal for the Goons. And since I'm a “Supah Homah” my vote in this match up goes to ...

The Goons giggle like a school girl after the Pats/Bills game! Brady is the MAN!!

The Tongo Express vs. Dextruction -

After checking the lineups over, and seeing that the QB & TE slots are basically a wash, the rest of this matchup looks like a crap-shoot. Any of the remaining players could go off this week or simply fizzle out, you just can't be too sure here. I think Miles Austin, Ricky Williams and Brandon Jackson have the most potential though going for Tongo and with Dex putting too much hope into the San Diego running attack with both Tolbert and Sproles in his lineup, Tongo may have the winning combination going this week. I don't see any argument with the Yahoo predicted outcome with this one.

Tongo climbs another rung up the winners ladder!

His Own Ego vs. The Replicants -
Well looky here, Mikey and Jay look to be going head-to-head in what could be our feature matchup of the week, and although Yahoo has the Reps ahead by a few points, this could be the week that Steven Jackson finally goes off BIG TIME and nets Jay some monster numbers. I think Steve Smith may produce well in Cincy and I like Zach Miller in Arizona for some weird reason, so HOE has a chance of putting Mikey in a 0-3 hole come Monday. Mikey does have a slight edge in talent up and down his lineup, and I fully expect his WRs to have good games, with Johnson maybe blowing up for 25+ points this week. I see Shiancoe getting at least the 15 points Yahoo says he'll get and Nate Washington is gonna surprise the Giants with a big day too. The loser of this one is gonna be eating the big Habenero Pepper at next years Asstasia event for sure.

The Replicants seal the deal with a late TD by Kyle Orton and elevate to a 1-2 record

11 Angry Men vs. Sookie's Suckers -
Are these names of fantasy football teams or porno movies? Either way, one of these two are gonna get screwed this week. The Suckers are fielding the best tandem in the league at running back and will reap a bounty of points this week with Foster carving the Cowboys up and Gore completely shredding the Chiefs. Fitzgerald should have a big numbers day in Oakland and this could be the week that Favre finally wakes up and actually scores some points for the Suckers. I said “could” be the week. Detroit isn't gonna roll over and just let the Vikes walk all over them, so Brett may need a benching if he can't produce against the Lions. Chris' WRs are gonna go off this week in a major way, and I fully expect Matt Schaub to have a very productive game against the Cowboys pathetic defense, so he may actually make up for less than stellar numbers from his RBs this week. Taylor may actually do something against the Bills, but Buckhalter won't do squat against the Colts, so Chris needs a big day from the rest of his squad to pick up the slack. At least we won't have to wait til tuesday to find out who wins this matchup of last years SuperBowl teams....

the Angry Men win with a Taylor TD and Super Schaub exploding on Dallas!!

Beantown Champs vs. Team Zissou -
Every week I'm the underdog, I pick myself to win and I win. This week however, I'm not to sure about that. Vick turned out to be a good starter for Zissou and may be the sleeper pick of the season, and with MJD and Best starting in their RB slots, Zissou looks to steamroll the rest of the field throughout the season. Nicks and Jackson will put up respectable numbers and I think Keller could hammer the 'Fins today, so I have my work cutout for me. Brees needs to step it up and have one of those 4 TD games so I can relax when Floyd loses all his touchdowns to Naanee again. Thomas could fair well getting the majority of the touches with Bush out, and Forte shouldn't get shut out against Green Bay, but won't produce off-the-chart stats either. I only stand a chance if Collie and Ochocinco go off big against Denver and Carolina, but I can't hold my breath on that one. I need a miracle....

Team Zissou takes the air out of the Champs sails this week with a big day from MJD!

Well good luck to everyone and remember, its only a game LTIZZY!

Nice write ups all - wish I had the time to do a proper one. These Colts injuries are annoying, good thing I have some others on my roster .

Quick and dirty predictions:

PW's Odd Squad vs. Hired Goons

Going to go with PW this week - 2 reasons: Romo and Rice, sounds like a fancy dinner.

Team Zissou vs Bean

Team Z continues the point assault, but Collie should have a good day, still going with the Z, 3 reasons: Vicks, Hicks, & Best - all one syllable last names - hard to come by these days.

Trader Express vs Dex

Tongs has a well rounded team at this point, but it may be another close one - still have to go with Rob, sorry Dex Rodgers needs a good game and will probably have one, but not good enough.

His Own Ego vs The Replicants

The coin flip went to the Replicants

Teen Terrors vs GWOW

These Colts players are spread out too much, gotta go with GWOW - 1 reason: I am jealous because Wayne is not on my team so take that!

11 Angry Men vs Sookie's Suckers

SS for one reason: Favre - going to piss you off I bet Chris? (it would me too) but even with two turnovers Brett will probably have a good day, we would not want him to retire would we?

Flash vs The No Name Gang

Me, one reason: I'm good.

Seriously this looks like a week with some really good games, not just in FF, but around the NFL in general. Going to have fun watching the games today. Good luck everyone, may the best teams win (and we will).

I'm rollin the dice with Berrian. it was between him and hartline. which is pretty ugly.

The Chargers thing may well blow up in my face, ..I see Sproles involved quite a bit here though, with Tolbert getten the Goal-line work.

I'll be watching the Battle of Texas in the early game..

see you guys at the star-chat
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	rb2FF.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	6857   Click image for larger version

Name:	RB3FF.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	6858  

A system of cells interlinked
I was about to defend my team in regards to your 0-fer comment, but then I looked at my team. I will keep my mouth shut until I get a victory.

Just for the record, I have several trophies in my case, and one of them is even gold.

Doubt I will snag one this year, though.

So far this year i've only collected one trophy.

and it kinda sucked haven to assign it to myself i must say
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy4FF.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	6859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Troph.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	6860  

Alright, Beantown. I am satisfied with the 22 point lead Keller gave me. This is definitely going to be a close one. Here is to Monday night football!

This seems like it should be closer to me. I base that on nothing more than my unreasonable knack for stating completely silly things that have no basis in reality whatsoever. I bet I can safely say though that Dex would be awfully pleased if Tony Gonzalez would catch more than one freaking pass a week. I know I would be as I have him too in another league... heh. But yeah, Tongo's team looks pretty good and I hope he continues to keep his boys together without trading them all by week 8.

My pick: Tongo Express keeps a rolling
!
Well, we are now into week 3, the week where if you don't have at least one win coming out of it, you are pretty much dead in the water. So three teams will be hoping to get in the win column for the 1st time this week.

Rivers vs. Rodgers should be an interesting and pivotal part of this matchup to watch. To me we are looking at 2 of the best in the fantasy business. Having that connection to Gates, sure helps Tongo as well. Aside from Rodgers and Charles, the roster looks downright ugly for Dex. Just too much talent at the top for Tongo to lose this.

The Pick: Tongo

The Tongo Express vs. Dextruction -

After checking the lineups over, and seeing that the QB & TE slots are basically a wash, the rest of this matchup looks like a crap-shoot. Any of the remaining players could go off this week or simply fizzle out, you just can't be too sure here. I think Miles Austin, Ricky Williams and Brandon Jackson have the most potential though going for Tongo and with Dex putting too much hope into the San Diego running attack with both Tolbert and Sproles in his lineup, Tongo may have the winning combination going this week. I don't see any argument with the Yahoo predicted outcome with this one.

Tongo climbs another rung up the winners ladder!
Nice write ups all - wish I had the time to do a proper one. These Colts injuries are annoying, good thing I have some others on my roster .

Quick and dirty predictions:

Trader Express vs Dex

Tongs has a well rounded team at this point, but it may be another close one - still have to go with Rob, sorry Dex Rodgers needs a good game and will probably have one, but not good enough.

Good luck everyone, may the best teams win (and we will).

Monday Night Football cant get here quick enough.

Im 18.50 points ahead of you Dexter, and have Brandon Jackson playing tonight. You better hope Rodgers doesnt accelerate BJs point total on his way to 30 points which both of us believe him capable of. At the least this matchup is alot closer than I thought it would be.

A system of cells interlinked
I was watching some ball and thinking yesterday, while tracking stats, of course.

Does anyone else feel like this NFL is one of the worst leagues we have had in a while? Usually at this point, a few teams start to emerge as "the teams to beat", but so far this year, it seems like it's sort of a crap shoot for the super bowl. Neither Green Bay nor New Orleans is the powerhouse we thought they would be, Indy won yesterday, but they have a slew of issues. The Patriots defense is laughable, with the Bills running all over them - luckily their offense is still clicking. The Cowboys plain stink, the Chargers are a mess, once again, leaving the Steelers as the apparent top team, but only because their defense is winning games (save yesterday).

There are flashes of excellence, to be sure, but overall, I feel like the league should be the MFL, The Mediocre Football League.

Meanwhile: Another stiff arm to a safety, another Adrian Peterson freight train rolls in for a TD. Next year, if this guy isn't the overall #1 draft pick, people are over-analyzing things.