MoFo Fantasy Football 2010 Week One

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
We'll see. It's likely that Kolb will start again, since Reid has given him such a vote of confidence. But he had a concussion, so Vick might steal one or two more starts before they're willing to stick Kolb back out there. And since Philly has such a notoriously "vocal" fanbase, if Kolb continues to suck up the field and Vick continues to move chains, Reid might not have a choice.

Just think if Vick had won that game. And we all know he might have, if it wasn't for Reid's bewildering 4-and-1 QB sneak from the shotgun! You could see it on his face. He knew he screwed up.
The fanbase doesnt matter. Reid is old school. A starter doesn't lose his job because of injury.

look at last year. McNabb missed a couple of games, Kolb filled in and shot out the lights, Mcnabb was cleared to play, and was re-inserted behind centre.

The crazy part is the differential was between Brady and Rodgers.

Turner and Harrison were pretty much a wash.
Yep, not what I expected, for sure! Though even the "wash" part is significant, given that Turner had a terrible matchup and Harrison a (presumably) very good one. Be very interesting to see what happens going forward; I still think Harrison has a pretty decent year.

The fanbase doesnt matter. Reid is old school. A starter doesn't lose his job because of injury.

look at last year. McNabb missed a couple of games, Kolb filled in and shot out the lights, Mcnabb was cleared to play, and was re-inserted behind centre.
Yeah, I agree with this. Vick might be the better option, but I wouldn't go nuts on him over one game. He's still quick and all, but he's not nearly the athlete he was before, and Kolb is a lot better than he made himself look in Week 1. Anyway, better or not, Reid'll give him more chances if he's convinced he can play.

In the Beginning...
Well, the real weakness seemed to be Philly's pass blocking. It's the reason Kolb took that hit in the first place. For a team that plays in a division of pretty stout defenses, Philly needs to protect Kolb better or consider Vick, who can obviously move around a little bit better.

A system of cells interlinked
Tom Brady is the best QB in the league.

<---Pats fan

As for Kolb, he spent the preseason hurried on almost every down - that O-line is terrible! hence me going for Flacco over Kolb in the draft...

Yeah, I agree with this. Vick might be the better option, but I wouldn't go nuts on him over one game. He's still quick and all, but he's not nearly the athlete he was before, and Kolb is a lot better than he made himself look in Week 1. Anyway, better or not, Reid'll give him more chances if he's convinced he can play.
The crazy thing of course, is if Bill Belechic had the same train of thought, Tom Brady may well have been a permanent backup behind Bledsoe.

I knew Austin was going to have a good game - the reasoning behind it:

1. I did not want to worry about the Mon night game now I have too - Murphy's law and stuff.

2. He has the word "Miles" in his name - like he is not going to get some yardage with a name like that.

3. His name also is the same as the Bionic man

Simple reasoning really.

Pretty crazy week; lots of big names failed to show up, and lots of middle-of-the-road, could-go-either-way guys like Forte and Ochocinco just busted out.
Um, how exactly is the starting RB for Chicago and the #1 WR for the Bengals middle-of-the-road or could-go-either-way? I mean seriously, anyone who has paid attention to football for the last, I don't know, 25-30 years will tell you, when someone like Mike Martz is the offensive coordinator, and he runs MANY pass plays to RB's and makes any RB in his system a PPR powerhouse, it makes sense to maybe draft someone like that for your team. And #85 is one of the most highly regarded WR's playing the game today, although one of the "weirdest" at the same time, and it can't possibly be considered "unusual" for him having 100+ yards receiving and a TD. They both may not have another "good" game the rest of the season, but by no means are either middle-of-the-road, nor should they be considered as such. There's more to FFL than "last years stats" and I just got "lucky" I guess that both Ocho and Forte fell to me and I played them Week 1 and not LT and Manningham.

Well, being the #1 RB or #1 WR for a mediocre team doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, as we can see from countless examples yesterday. Lots of #2s or #3s I'd take over plenty of #1s.

I don't know by what standard Ochocinco is one of the most "highly regarded WRs playing the game today," except in terms of his whole career, which wouldn't matter much in this context, obviously. He's certainly not a fantasy star, but sure, he'll still be servicable.

It's certainly not unusual, as you say, for him to have 100+ yards and a TD, but it's incredibly unusual for him to have 12 catches and 159 (!) yards. Both totals are higher than any of his games in all of 2009, and all of 2008...and part of 2007! It's been almost three years since he's had a yardage total that high.

Re: Forte and Martz. Maybe, but I still think the performance is pretty flukey. Forte had two huge plays but was stuffed at the goal line, what, three separate times? He might make up for that in the passing game, but the goal line stuff means he'll probably have to. It was the highest yardage total he's ever had, including all of his great 2008 campaign, and tied his career bests for TDs and receptions.

You might be right about "middle-of-the-road," however. That could be taken to mean average, while both are certainly above-average options compared to the entirety of the league. What I mean to say, I suppose, is that nobody plays either guy expecting huge days from them the way you would a Chris Johnson or an Andre Johnson, yet that's what they gave you (and then some). The "could-go-either-way" part is probably the more useful description of the two.

Ochochinco and Owens Cemented their reputation as me first players by bailing on the Team for the last play of the 1st half.

It would be nice to have them on the field for the hail mary.

jus sayen

also

Brain Fart of the Week goes to Tony Romo for that ridiculous shovel pass on a broken play for the last play b4 the half.

You might be right about "middle-of-the-road," however. That could be taken to mean average, while both are certainly above-average options compared to the entirety of the league. What I mean to say, I suppose, is that nobody plays either guy expecting huge days from them the way you would a Chris Johnson or an Andre Johnson, yet that's what they gave you (and then some). The "could-go-either-way" part is probably the more useful description of the two.
Yes, I'd definitely agree with that

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
yes, Brady won week 1, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rodgers and Turner will throw Brady and Harrison to the wayside probably by week 5 or 6.

Maybe, Brady looked awfully damn good to me.

yes, Brady won week 1, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rodgers and Turner will throw Brady and Harrison to the wayside probably by week 5 or 6.
??

had the orig trade stood, Rodgers and Turner wouldnt have been on the same team.

whats your point?

Barring Injury, at the end of the year, the totals of Harrison and Rodgers combined and the totals of Brady and Turner, the differential won't be more than 30 -40 pts. either way.

Originally Posted by DexterRiley;

except for, you know, last years playoff win.