MoFo Fantasy Football 2010 Week One

Tools    

Hey just a thought: would it be OK to make this prediction game in its own thread? Just asking. I like it a lot, but I also like the PW write-up - they seem equally independently awesome in their own right.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. At first I thought it'd be unwise because I was thinking it would mean creating one every week, and that'd be a bit much, but I don't see why we can't have 'em all in there. I'll move them now.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Rut Roh

Tom Brady was in a Car accident this morning.

The World's Smallest Violin
I feel beaten and bloodied already!

A system of cells interlinked
I didn't know you played Football, Jay.

Seriously, though (and no, Jay doesn't look like that), I may sit my starting QB this week! Terrible match-up vs the best defense in the league from last year - Revis is back on board. I kinda want to give the guy a shot though - Ravens are pretty good.

I got 3 positions on my roster playing tonight, all Vikings - WR Percy Harvin, kicker Ryan Longwell, and the Minny D.

FINALLY THE REAL SEASON HAS STARTED!

Well, in just under 2 hours from now, the MoFo 2010 Fantasy Football Season OFFICIALLY BEGINS!!! I've been waiting 7 loooooong months for this day, and I'm extremely happy to be able to take my mind off of baseball and focus on the one sport that truly matters, FOOTBALL! So after waiting until the last minute, I've decided to write up a quick Week 1 pick list and see if I can get a few right this season....

The No Name Gang vs. GWOW -

Our first match-up looks like a close one, with some great running backs going at it on both teams. I think No Name has a better QB, but Romo is facing the 'Skins and hasn't looked too good during the preseason and even though Anderson hasn't look any better, he is facing the Rams “swiss cheese” back field, so that may end up being a wash. I love Roddy White for No Name, but again, he is facing a decent defense and GWOW's receiving corps are facing much weaker defenses, so I have to give GWOW the check here. Considering the rest of both squads neutralizing each others, I'd say Yahoo has it right.

GWOW grinds out a Week 1 victory

PW's Odd Squad vs. Teen Terrors -

Well I looked over this match-up and the first thing I saw was Matt Cassel starting for the Odd Squad and I decided right then and there that Rice, Greene, Jennings and Davis aren't gonna be able to make up for that. Cassel couldn't pilot what some consider the greatest offense ever to the playoffs, so I can't expect him to do very well with what KC has assembled around him. For that fact alone...

The Terrors win as Yahoo predicts

The Tongo Express vs. Flash -

I see Rivers doing very well this weekend in KC, well enough in fact to possibly beat whatever Peyton can muster in Houston. Tongo takes the receiver battle too, just barely, with Smith probably getting more points than predicted, but Flash has the running back points coming to him with Addai probably making a few TD's in Texas, one from a toss by Manning I predict. Overall, this is gonna be a good game.

Flash wins by a Reed field goal

IDrinkYourMilkshake vs. Hired Goons -

This looks to be another stellar match-up, with Goons taking the QB battle (duh, he has Brady?!) but MJD may make that a moot point going up against the Broncos and looking to run wild. Milkshake has a slight edge in receivers this week and also at kicker and swing-slot, which could be the difference maker and give them the win. I really like Ronnie Brown this week and Steve Breaston could bust loose, so the Goons have alot of weapons that have major break-out ability. I'm going against my head and going with my gut on this one....

TouchDown Ronnie Brown!! Hired Goons downs the 'Shake

Sookie's Suckers vs. Dextruction -

This game has serious potential. I don't think Favre is going to fair very well tonight against the Saints, but I still think hes good for 220+ yards and a TD, whereas Rodgers may go for 375+ yards and 3 TDs or better. After that, the Suckers sweep the WR slots and I think she has the RB positions sewn-up too, but Ryan Mathews shouldn't be overlooked, he has a chance to break it open on KC. This game could be decided on Monday Night and I know LT is gonna be going bat**** if she isn't winning by 80 points before then....

Sookie's Suckers needn't worry...she has Frank “I'm FFL Gold” Gore!!

11 Angry Men vs. His Own Ego -

Well Yods has the best WR corp in the league, so he may be able to ride them to a few victories this season, but take it from me dude, Fred Taylor is gonna make you cry. A lot. Make plans to get someone else by week 7, he should be alright until then. I like the Reggie “No More Heisman” Bush pick though, he should be a difference maker this season. His Own Ego is fielding who I thought would be the 3rd best back this year, Mr. Steven Jackson and he is gonna make Ego very, very happy this year. I think Zach Miller may actually have a really good season too and Steve Smith is the only good receiver on the Panthers, so you know hes money. Eli may need to get benched at some point for Henne this year, my gut tells me he is due for a crappy season and this may be it. Schaub is vastly underrated and will be a great value pick for the Men and Jason Witten is gonna be a TD machine this season too, but for heavens sake man, GET A KICKER!! If the Angriest Men in FFL can field a kicker this week...

The Kick is GOOD! 11 Angry Men win by a field goal

Beantown Champs vs. The Replicants -
“A Titan Against A Titan!!” Ok, maybe not, but Mikey and I going at it in Week Numero Uno is pretty big, for us anyway, and the match-up looks pretty good. I have Brees, so we'll just move on to another position. Andre Johnson is better than ALL of my receivers, so Seds has me hands down there. I think Forte is gonna have a great year under Martz's offensive schemes, and with the rest of the RBs playing on “Runningback-By-Committee” teams, he may be the difference maker for me. I'm hoping Brees throws all of his TDs to Pierre and that Mr. Thomas also runs in 3 TDs too. I know, wishful thinking. After watching him have a great preseason, not having too many choices at the time and not having any Patriots on my team, I decided to pick-up Gronkowski and give him a try. What the heck! Since I plan on personally dropping a cement block on T.O.'s head as he is walking out of the tunnel and taking him out of the Replicants line-up....

Beantown Champs to give the Replicants the famous “Oven-Mitt” SHOCKAH!!

I hope everyone has a good time this season and Good Luck to All!!

I'm conflicted, I don't know which Jersey to sport this evenen.

In any event,

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 34.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	6824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 71.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	6825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 53.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	6826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 51.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	6827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 48.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	6828  

As it stands now. My Pick: Sookie's Suckers, as much as it pains me to say that.
Dextruction sucked up by Snookie

Prediction: Sookie's Suckers. Margin: Fairly close.

Sookie's Suckers needn't worry...she has Frank “I'm FFL Gold” Gore!!

Coolio, I didn't realize the game was actually going to be a channel that people can like, watch and junk.

Sweet.

Oh, and Petey, don't be a hatin' on my boy Cassel. He da man. Until he isn't...

EDIT: And I reserve the right to change my mind by Sunday. I have a feeling that Kolb may be in for a tough day against GB is all. Who knows. Hey Chris, ask your future wife who I should play, would ya?

The chat room in the Stattracker doesn't appear to be working yet. I hope it will be when the game starts up.

Oh and just because I feel like making some kind of half assed declaration right now. I think the Vikes get stomped tonight.

Rut Roh

Tom Brady was in a Car accident this morning.

not to worry folks, what looks like an ambulance was actually part of Tom's Entourage.

The World's Smallest Violin
No chat??? I quit.