Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Yeah i'd rather the movie actually be good, but the moment I hear Snyder I already knew what it was. When I looked on RT it had a 9%, but it'll probably end up rounding out around 40-50% like Man of Steel. But horrible critical reaction hasn't seemed to hurt any of his other movies financially.

It sounds like the main problem with the film is it's too dark and gritty. A shame because I hoped from the trailers it would be more 'epic' than your standard 'LOOK HOW TERRIBLE THE WORLD IS', however it seems as though it must be the opposite of that.

Batman fighting Superman should be fun, it shouldn't be dark and brooding.

Its Not Gonna matter RT has not been on the pulse of whats really good in ages. Force Awakens gets a big rating and most die hard fans liked it but also said they just copied old themes from lucas and the real test is Episode 8. My Point is B V S was always gonna be aimed at DC vs Marvel and Critics views would not like influence anything really.

No offense too any critics at this place. But you know well that with comics its fans that drive the success of things. Deadpool was the rarity where fans and critics agreed.

I lost much interest in what critics say after I witnessed the distinctly average Mad Max get rave reviews. Same goes with other fare that received critical acclaim such as the atrocious Boyhood.

Now, don't get me wrong, maybe BvS is not good at all, but I will have to wait for my own viewing, not these group-think critics.

I lost much interest in what critics say after I witnessed the distinctly average Mad Max get rave reviews.
I've heard worse reasons to be put off of general consensus, but I can't think of any offhand.

I've heard worse reasons to be put off of general consensus, but I can't think of any offhand.
Are you referring to the world of film or in more general terms? In the latter case, I more than agree. People are terrified of breaking with consensus. As studies show, social ostracism is one of the most soul-wrenching situations that people can find themselves in.

Are you referring to the world of film or in more general terms? In the latter case, I more than agree. People are terrified of breaking with consensus. As studies show, social ostracism is one of the most soul-wrenching situations that people can find themselves in.
No, by all means, screw general consensus. I do. Don't be like other people and be like me.

Seriously though, Mad Max: Fury Road is exceptional as an action movie, but if you were expecting something else... then that's sort of like complaining that Schindler's List wasn't funny. That's not the point.

If you are however calling Mad Max average specifically AS an action movie then by all means please tell me what movies outstrip it, because I will definitely want to watch them.

No, by all means, screw general consensus. I do. Don't be like other people and be like me.

Seriously though, Mad Max: Fury Road is exceptional as an action movie, but if you were expecting something else... then that's sort of like complaining that Schindler's List wasn't funny. That's not the point.

If you are however calling Mad Max average specifically AS an action movie then by all means please tell me what movies outstrip it, because I will definitely want to watch them.
I have been screwing general consensus since I was 16-years old. I can handle the animosity of the average Joe, I was only referring to society in general terms.

As for Mad Max, I don't consider it to be an exceptional action movie, far from it. Allow me an attempt at a brief explanation:

a) The action is far-less spectacular than generally claimed, especially in this day and age.

b) The film is quite monotonous in all its aspects. It's just a two-hour car chase.

c) Mad Max is a secondary character or worse.

d) The feminist spin is so explicitly in your face that the film descends into outright propaganda territory. It also renders the villains into ludicrous caricatures.

e) Where was the tension? The build-up? The twist? Or the climax?

Aliens, Die Hard, T2: Judgement Day, Speed, The Matrix. Those are epic action movies, not Mad Max, which indicatively failed at the BO despite the universal praise.

Mad Max financially failing had nothing to do with how much people liked it. It could not have possibly gotten better reception. It was always a weird sell. Young people are put off because it's a sequel to a 30 year old property. Dude Bros are put off because it's overtly feminist. Feminists didn't watch it anyway because it came out the same day as Pitch Perfect 2, which was more obviously sold to women. That leaves an audience of indie fans who flock to whatever is getting the best reviews and men over 35, which is not a substantial enough demographic to make much money.

Mad Max financially failing had nothing to do with how much people liked it. It could not have possibly gotten better reception. It was always a weird sell. Young people are put off because it's a sequel to a 30 year old property. Dude Bros are put off because it's overtly feminist. Feminists didn't watch it anyway because it came out the same day as Pitch Perfect 2, which was more obviously sold to women. That leaves an audience of indie fans who flock to whatever is getting the best reviews and men over 35, which is not a substantial enough demographic to make much money.
Feminists preferred Pitch Perfect 2 (with its stereotypical depiction of women) to the bombastically feminist Mad Max?? Also, I strongly disagree with the notion that it is merely "overtly feminist". It is cartoonish in its feminism. I remember watching it in the theater on opening night, and I was like: "WOW! When did Hollywood abandon subtle propaganda for the shameless and exaggerated variety?" I myself like it when we get cool female characters (Ripley, Ray, the chick in MI5, Catwoman in BR etc etc) but Mad Max was just embarrassing in my opinion.

Back to the BO issue. There never was a massively budgeted, action driven movie with two major stars that received universal acclaim, yet made so little money.

Feminists preferred Pitch Perfect 2 (with its stereotypical depiction of women) to the bombastically feminist Mad Max??
Before they saw it they did. The original Pitch Perfect is a solid movie and was a pretty big hit on home video. It gets early attention for being the first big summer movie in a while with a female director, and got decent enough buzz. Mad Max is definitely a feminist movie, but nobody knew that until after the opening weekend. That element was downplayed in the trailers. The original posters didn't feature Furiosa at all, and then the DVD cover featured her more prominently than Max. I said why it struggled financially. The primary audience (Males between ages 15-35) had little interest because it was an old property from an old man about women. Reviews don't do a lot to push box office one way or the other (although when combined with winning the most Oscars this year, it can do a lot to push DVD sales through the roof).

I will say Mad Max Was Cool and All But Still Think While I Have Compliants about The Force Awakens still feel Star Wars was a better option for an Action Oscar then Fury Road but also felt that Furiousa got robbed of the oscar.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Reviews in a nutshell. Batfleck is right. Luthor is wrong. Kind of a mess of a movie. If you love the characters, the movie is good. If not, stay away.

I'll probably go watch it Thursday with some friends hope it's good

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
There are a few things that seem to keep popping up in the reviews ive read so far, which are.

Batman/Ben Affleck is great. Everything we have ever wanted from Batman he delivers.

Its not as good as TDK. Which i think was always going to hurt this movie with it being made so soon after Nolan's triolgy.

The movie is very messy. Which was a huge issue with Age Of Ultron yet that got very good reviews (when it kind of sucked).

I think the problem with this movie is that it had haters before it was even released. I think people are nit picking because they want to hate it. There are Marvel die hards who want this movie to fail bad. Ime still going with around 1.1-1.3 billion box office.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

We've gone on holiday by mistake
IMDB is holding at 93 % there were some good reviews there.
Lol 12,000 ratings when only a few hundred critics have seen it. Maybe the studio propaganda wing are in full flow panicking about the scores.

36% on RT
47 Metacritic (no one giving it higher than7/10)
6.8 on IGN (they hand out 8s and 9s for crap).

Looks like a great big turd.