Good snow movies?

Tools    

There's something about snow-themed settings that carries around a certain beauty of isolation and loneliness that makes me feel warm inside. What are some good movies featuring snow like the following films?

(Fargo)

Some other films (that may not entirely be snow but do feature such landscapes at certain points) include:
Doctor Zhivago
The Searchers
Django Unchained
Solomon Kane
The Great Silence
Jeremiah Johnson
The Shining
Inception
The Grey
Empire Strikes Back
Die Hard 2
Let the Right One In

^Basically this kind of stuff, I've seen all these films (and there are perhaps plenty I've missed out) though I'd love to see more. Thanks a lot!

Good call on "Let the right one in", that lightly falling CGI snow sets up the story perfectly.

The shining
Black Christmas (1974)
The Eiger Sanction
A simple plan
Blow (sorry, couldn't resist)
It's a wonderful life
Touching the void
Time out
The Sweet hearafter
Alien versus Predator

Fargo is a favorite snow movie.

Both The Thing movies and The Thing From Another World are favorites, as is Dr Zhivago (or Snow and Sex as my wife calls it).

As for a great snow movie that's never been made, how about the story of the Shackleton Expedition? What could be snowier than camping out in Antarctica for a year and a half?

In spite of the fact that it will never be made, another great snow movie would have been At the Mountains of Madness, by HP Lovecraft. The basis for other snow-sci-fi movies, Mountains would have been better than Prometheus.

Even though only part of it is set in snow, the best of all snow movies - Trollhunter. What can be snowier than Norway and trolls? Especially really BIG trolls, and a guy with a deep voice, speaking Norwegian? Especially, especially trolls that can smell the blood of a Christian man? This is Norway's answer to the Blair Witch Project.

I liked Troll Hunter to an extent.

The effects are stunning, by far some of the best I've seen in low budget film... just a shame about the acting.

I liked Troll Hunter to an extent.

The effects are stunning, by far some of the best I've seen in low budget film... just a shame about the acting.
Acting? Gosh, I thought it was a documentary! Just don't tell me that there are not really trolls in Norway.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Scarface (1983)- Check out the mountain of snow on Pacino's desk towards the end.

Cocaine Cowboys- Good documentary about snow

Yeah, THE SHINING and FARGO are the first two movies that pop into my head when I think about cinematic snow. There is also one scene in the 1954 musical SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS which features a musical number called "Lonesome Polecat" where the six brothers sing and dance while chopping wood in the snow, it's my favorite scene in the movie.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Even though only part of it is set in snow, the best of all snow movies - Trollhunter.
I don't know about you guys, but I loved Dead Snow too.

The Snow Walker (2003)

The Donner Party (2009)

Switchback (1997). Good thriller with Danny Glover (Leathal Weapon).