The What the F*ck? Thread

Tools    

And this is my BOOMstick!
My WTF movie would have to be Matrix: Revolutions. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING in it makes sense.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Nitzer
My WTF movie would have to be Matrix: Revolutions. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING in it makes sense.
Well I only said "WTF why did that happen?"
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
As mentioned before Mulholland Dr and Magnolia really threw it for me... I still don't know how to interpret it when friends wanna borrow it and ask: "what's it about?"

As for planet of the apes (the newer one) I always thought that when they went through the black hole sorrta thing they were moved into another dimension sortta deal - and in their dimension things evolved differently.

And I want to add The Usual Suspects here not that there was anything that I didn't understand but I still can't believe I didn't suspect "Kaiser" as "kaiser".

Deep Blue Sea was definitely a WTF movie
Total Recall
possibly Murder in Manhattan (Is that the name?)...but that's probably i slept thru most of it...

I was going to say Lynch, but I don't like sounding like a broken record.

So instead of going to the Eraserhead inspired Pi, I'll go with a film which inspired Eraserhead.

Un Chien Andalou (1933)
Directed by Luis Buñuel
Written by Salvador Dalí and Luis Buñuel
IMDB page

Some interesting scenes from the movie
- Young girl uncovers massive parental orgy
- Ants come out of a hole and crawl on a mans hand, many of Dali's paintings involve ants and hands
- Razor slices a womans eye, a pretty infamous scene in movie history and definitely most famous from the film.
- Lots of stuff with priests, dead donkeys, sex, and musical instruments.

Watching Lynch's short films that are littered throughout his webpage I am getting very anxious for him to return to his Eraserhead roots and do some short films which rival this one, which runs in at 16 min.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by jrs
Did you watch the whole trilogy ?
Yeah. they should have just left it at the first movie, which I admitt is the bomb. The rest just plain... sucked.

BANNED
Although I rarely have "WTF" moments, the biggest one would have to be Donnie Darko . This movie drove me nuts. When I finally understood it, I went out and bought the DVD, its so brilliant. Astonishing as well.

I have recently had a "WTF" moment, I couldn't understand the purpose of Sati from the Matrix Revolutions. The only thing I can figure out about her is that Sati is Hindu for Sophie and I believe this has something to do with it.

WTF? are those glitches or jumps that sometimes occur on DVD's.

Nibbles! I'm glad you're safely home, Babe!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Nibbles! I'm glad you're safely home, Babe!
Thanks missed you especially, may need your held to write something about my holiday, so will PM you soon.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by nebbit
WTF? are those glitches or jumps that sometimes occur on DVD's.
Nebbit, this drove me crazy, until someone explained it to me

Glad to see you're back. If you explained before you left that you were planning on going, I missed it. One day, I realized you hadn't been posting, and I got ever so scared
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Originally Posted by Mark
Nebbit, this drove me crazy, until someone explained it to me

Glad to see you're back. If you explained before you left that you were planning on going, I missed it. One day, I realized you hadn't been posting, and I got ever so scared
Now stop crying, put my head on my breast, oh I mean chest, there there.

so what are those glitches????? jrs has given me his ideas.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by nebbit
so what are those glitches????? jrs has given me his ideas.
Do you mean the slight pause that happens in the middle of every DVD? If so i always wondered what in the hell casued that uintil i looked at the back of my singing in the rain dvd. Almost all DVD's say it on the back cover in the information bit. Apparently it happens due to:
The Duel Layer Format. The Transition between DVD layers may trigger a slight pause.
So there ya go!

As for when DVD's go a bit pixelly and jumpy, thats probably just a scratch or dust

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Do you mean the slight pause that happens in the middle of every DVD? If so i always wondered what in the hell casued that uintil i looked at the back of my singing in the rain dvd. Almost all DVD's say it on the back cover in the information bit. Apparently it happens due to:
The Duel Layer Format. The Transition between DVD layers may trigger a slight pause.
So there ya go!

As for when DVD's go a bit pixelly and jumpy, thats probably just a scratch or dust
Yeah, the Duel Layer Format thing is what I was thinking she meant. I wonder if they have control over the placement of that pause. In some DVDs, it's hardly noticeable.

I only thought WTF when faced with a few movies, to name a few;

Kentucky fried movie.
Ichi the Killer.
Super Troopers.
BR.

and that one with the weird flying pink elephants...I was in no state to be watching that in the first place...

Originally Posted by runningscared
and that one with the weird flying pink elephants...I was in no state to be watching that in the first place...
Do you mean Disney's Dumbo when Dumbo and Timothy get drunk?

Nope...wasn't dumbo...think it was a disney though.