Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

Has anybody here seen Razor Face?
Yeah, LOTR is one of the only movie experiences where it actually exeded my expectations.

A movie that disappointed me was Big Fish... it was ok but I wanted more than 'ok' out of it. I kept waiting for it to pull me in emotionally but I never quite got there.
Another one was Moulin Rouge... my friends all made me feel like such a fool because I didn't like it - they told me I just didn't get it. I'm sorry, I hated most of the modern songs in it like Madonna and Nirvana. Dumb! I did like Your Song though.

That's weird... both Ewan McGregor movies! I love him! Maybe that's why I was disappointed.

Nobody is allowed to shout at me for my disappointing movies.

COLD MOUNTAIN

MOULIN ROUGE

Originally Posted by Mr. Red
Matrix Reloaded (so disappointed did not see Revolutions)
Spy Kids series
Terminator 3
LOTR series
i have to disagree with u about lotr , honestly that has to be one of the best movies that i've ever seen and they got better by every one they did ...and im anticipating the hobbit .....and t3 wasn't that bad for a movie that wasn't supposed to have a third ...its just my opinion

Reloaded...but then again, its still a great action movie.

IF reloaded was not part of the matrix and called The System Breakage or watever, it would be considered a awsome movie

So many good movies, so little time.
21 Grams. I really looked forward to seeing it but it I found it to be more of a puzzzle than a movie. I understand why people liked it because it was very well acted and nicely crafted. But to me the flashbacks and jumbled order got in the way of telling the story. I'd rather know what was going on the first time I watch a movie (but thats just me).

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

The Emperor of Ice Cream
'Salem's Lot: Both the remake and the original were disappointing to me, as I had recently read the novel before watching each of them.

The 1979 adaptation is a perversion of the book..
WARNING: "'Salem's Lot" spoilers below
The entire allure of Barlow's character was that he had the power to blend in with the people of Jerusalem's Lot. Tobe Hooper made him into a Nosferatu type vampire, destroying the story.
I had heard that the movie was amazing, granted it was mostly from people who had not read the novel. This may have contributed to my immense disappointment.

The 2004 remake was much better, but it was still nowhere near as thrilling as the novel.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
I seem to have trouble using the spoilers tag.

In the Beginning...
Make sure you put "=Salem's Lot" (or whatever film you want to post spoilers for) immediately after "SPOILERS" in the first tag. So it should read:

{SPOILERS=Salem's Lot} Blah blah blah {/SPOILERS}

*MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT BRACKETS* ---> [ ], instead of { }

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Thank you kindly.

Its tough to differenciate the worst movies and most disappointing movies.

The movie I hate the most was probably Matrix Reloaded. Matrix Revolutions was a way worst movie, but by the time I had watched Reloaded I completely gave up hope for a final movie that would be any good.

Star Wars EP I, II, and VI I actually enjoy, and ROTJ I almost like as much as New Hope, probably because I first watched it as a child.

Other movies that completely destroyed my hope in Hollywood:

Troy, its just inexcusable to completely bastardize and completely change around the philosophical undertones of such a thing. This movie I actually kinda enjoyed watching and was a decent movie, but I would place it as the worst movie of all time (tied with Matrix Reloaded).

Other movies: Hulk (I fell asleep the first 3x I tried to watch it, and its supposed to be an action movie?), Higher Learning (I had begun my wigger phase, and came to realize all too soon that Hip-Hop only belongs in the late 80s-early 90s), and Man on the Moon.

BTW -- SHaolin -- Lynch = GOD and Eraserhead = his Bible.

The Emperor of Ice Cream

1. The last two matrix movies.(Horribly Done)

2. The ring (everyone i talked to said it was really scary and i should see it. Wrong!!!)

3. Dawn of the Dead (remake oh wait i'm sorry its not meant to be a remake well then the one that was crappy 2004 version.)

there are many more but those are my 3 choices

A system of cells interlinked
Movies I anticipated...to be what? The thread title makes no sense.

Anticipated to be good? Bad? Funny? Long? Short? Blue?

I guess you meant anticipated to be good, and turned out to be disappointing.

So here we go....

The Hulk
Star Wars : The Phantom Menace
(the biggest disappointment for me)
Gladiator
Lost Highway
(I need to watch this one again)

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by nebbit
Nobody is allowed to shout at me for my disappointing movies.

MOULIN ROUGE
Don't worry Nebs...I was very disappointed with it also. I much preferred the 1952 version.

There's a bunch I was disappointed with...

Moulin Rouge!

Y tu Mamá También

Like Water for Chocolat

Jet Lag

My Favorite Season

and the list goes on...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Movies I anticipated...to be what? The thread title makes no sense.

Anticipated to be good? Bad? Funny? Long? Short? Blue?

I guess you meant anticipated to be good, and turned out to be disappointing.

So here we go....

The Hulk
Star Wars : The Phantom Menace
(the biggest disappointment for me)
Gladiator
Lost Highway
(I need to watch this one again)
yes i ment you anticipated to be good sorry i forgot that

Originally Posted by dillskies88
yes i ment you anticipated to be good sorry i forgot that

I fixed it for you... if you ever need me to fix another one, just pm me...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I fixed it for you... if you ever need me to fix another one, just pm me...
thanks caity