MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

I think a horror list moreso than most genres was always going to be quite diverse including some very pulpy and also much more serious films.

Even with its terrible puppetry and obvious practical effects, I too love it very much.

Heck, I'd argue that the cheesy VFX contribute to it a great deal.
Definitely. There's just something incredibly charming about B-grade practical effects, and they always make films far more entertaining for me.

I think a horror list moreso than most genres was always going to be quite diverse including some very pulpy and also much more serious films.
I think so too. I know for a fact that I enjoy both well-made, more intense horror films, as well as the kind that I'd call trash (but in a loving way).

Friday the 13th Pt. III. This list is gonna be way tainted by cruddy b-movies.

Is there any other way we'd have a MoFo List?

In defence of the entries so far, MoFo Lists have always had some disparate stuff at the bottom end.
Once we reach around the 70-mark, things tend to get solid.

Welcome to the human race...
It's horror, a lot of the genre's best entries are "cruddy B-movies".

Iro, considering you like to review some skewiff stuff and you've only got 1 favourite in your top 10... I'm recommending you watch Terrorvision (1986).
Also, a review on it would be something I'd consider repping

like I said Cannibal Holocaust is good but not near to make my list

Re-Animator
is pretty good but didn't make my list either

Keep 'Em coming I love this countdown
Cheers buddy, that's excellent to see.

Friday the 13th Pt. III. This list is gonna be way tainted by cruddy b-movies.
That's all this list should be.

I don't really care for any of the four revealed since my last post. Though I've not seen Re-Animator or The Last House On The Left since the 80's. Cannibal Holocaust I prefer when it's not trying to be a horror film, while The Orphange was just disappointing. Maybe I expected too much? I certainly wanted more of something.

I think so too. I know for a fact that I enjoy both well-made, more intense horror films, as well as the kind that I'd call trash (but in a loving way).
If it makes you feel better my list was mostly self important and fuill of serious or at least well made films.

I'm actually surprised only Neon Demon, Devils Backbone and The Orphanage have turned up so far, they were all towards the bottom of it so hopefully a few of the other somewhat less obvious choices will feature further up.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Devil's Backbone was my #15. Really good film.

I've seen Re-Animator, which had moments of being moderately enjoyable. I haven't seen nor do I particularly wish to ever see the other two.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm actually surprised only Neon Demon, Devils Backbone and The Orphanage have turned up so far,
But The Orphanage hasn't turned up, has it? I'm really confused now

Rings rather phony from he who started This "gem" of a thread.

Quit acting like everything I say here is a chance for you to scold me. If you can't accept that anger was stemmed from a lot of **** at my house and work that's still going on, that's your business. When I apologized to you, you said it was "cool." You and Yoda said there would always be complaining and debates and you put yourself in that position by volunteering to run this in the first place.

If you don't care about the apology I gave you, not my fault. I'll even take it back. Everyone here has the right to make a couple of comments about the outcome.

Having the right to comment goes for everyone on a discussion board, not just you and then silence. When you put out bad energy, (what you've done so far), don't be rattled when you get it back your way.

Quit acting like everything I say here is a chance for you to scold me. If you can't accept that anger was stemmed from a lot of **** at my house and work that's still going on, that's your business. When I apologized to you, you said it was "cool." You and Yoda said there would always be complaining and debates and you put yourself in that position by volunteering to run this in the first place.

If you don't care about the apology I gave you, not my fault. I'll even take it back. Everyone here has the right to make a couple of comments about the outcome.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
But The Orphanage hasn't turned up, has it? I'm really confused now
That's what happrns when people only look at the last few posts - they also get confused.

Having the right to comment goes for everyone on a discussion board, not just you and then silence. When you put out bad energy, (what you've done so far), don't be rattled when you get it back your way.

I wasn't putting out bad energy with my last two comments. In fact, my last one was a joke. You're the one interpreting them as angry. My They Live comment was just a comment. I wasn't angry, just confused. You interpreted that as me challenging the rules again and that's not on me.

The second comment was me making a joke and having a chuckle about Friday th 13th Pt. III being on the list because, come on. 12% on RT. You took that as an angry comment. You scolded me twice based on your own misconception. Your attitude tells me you haven't gorgiven me like you said, so how do I know the bad blood isn't on you?