Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Tools    

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
"Vitgo" and "The Rope" and "Dancing with strangers"
"Stranger on the Train" the Norman Bates movie. and I think that is it.
The other ones scare me too much oh and the birds were so funny. See yu around!JM
She managed to get every single title wrong! (I'm laughing with her, not at her )
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Originally Posted by Mark
She managed to get every single title wrong! (I'm laughing with her, not at her )
I have mentioned to her 3 or 4 times now that she should write her posts in Word, but she refuses. Oh well.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm going for Psycho, only because the shower scene is very intimating.

Rear Window is good, but Strangers on a Train is my personal fav.

Tough choice between Psycho, Rearwindow, NBNW, and Vertigo but I would have to say Psycho followed very closely by Rearwindow are my favorites.

The original "Psycho" kicked complete ass!!!

Lets put a smile on that block
Mine would most definatly have to be: -

Psycho - By the by love your avatar Mark, "Oh mother!"
Vertigo
Rear Window
The Birds

I just love Jimmy S. i love evrything about the man. I really enjoyed him in Vertigo, his shocked face twirling down a pshycadelic multicoloured kalidoscope with his quiffy hair blowing in the wind. Brilliant!
I also love The Birds. Who knew they could be so scary? There are elements that do make me snigger when i watch it but over all i love the way its filmed. The bit with Tippi Hedren (sp?) waiting outside the school and the mounting Crows appearing on the climbing frame. Love it!

Saw a bit of Rope the other day but fell asleep watching it. plan to watch that soon. Also saw the ending to Rebecca, it absoloulty blew me away! With the mansion burning down and all the fire, absoloulty loved the way it was filmed. This is probably the next film i'll rent actually as im so intrigued about it.

Just wondering, wheres the Poll gone? Would anyone object to starting a new thread and a new poll with all of Hitch's films on there and so we can see what wins? id like to see...

Movie Forums Member
The Birds

Movie Forums Member
Also the one (I can't remember the title) that had the pi symbol and them shoving the japanese's guy in the gas stove.

motivationally deficient
My vote goes to the birds, (someone had to!) i think its great for such an old film, the trick shots are really good, it almost gets you bieleving in those phsyco seagulls.

The End Has Come
Hasn't anyone seen Marnie.
Everyone has mentioned several Hitchcock films, the ones that seem to get more attention within the media. But Marnie is one the best Hitchcock film with Rear Window a close second.

Definitely Vertigo. Also like Psycho and Torn Curtain w. Paul Newman and Julie Andrews is very entertaining as well. Another fun one to watch is, of course, To Catch a Thief--Grace Kelly is hot in that one. And, of course, North by Northwest is another suspenseful one--great chase sequence with the plane.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Best? No idea. You could throw a rock with your eyes closed and a great Hitchcock movie would give a little yelp.

Favourite? At the risk of sounding like a parrot - North By Northwest, Vertigo, Rear Window, The 39 Steps, Psycho etc etc etc.

North by northwest is my fave hitchcock film

Followed by

Rear window
Rebecca
Rope
Strangers on a train
The lady vanishes

Movie Forums Member
psycho and north by northwest

Silencio
I've liked everything I've ever seen by Hitchcock, but the ones I re-watch the most include Rope, Rear Window, Psycho and Vertigo with Vertigo topping the list as my personal favorite.

My DVD Collection

North by northwest.