Earliest memories...

Tools    

What are the first things you remember?

I remember having those little "Weebles" guys that never tipped over. It was great fun dropping them in the toilet, pushing the lever and watching them spin and disappear. Do you remember the tidy bowl commercials with the guy in the toilet tank in a rowboat? I looked for him... alot.

I remember we had BIG spiders (tarantulas) and I once found one in my room. I tried to kill it with a flyswatter but that only made it mad.

We lived on a farm when I was a kid... when I was 2 or 3, I still slept in a crib b/c my folks couldn't buy me a bed at that time. Our house was really old and my dad was working on it. He spent a weekend ripping off about half of the roof and went out of town the following week. We had bats come in and fly around the house, I remember being terrified as my mother chased them around with a piece of firewood. We also had alot of snakes. I remember my brother telling my dad there were big "worms" on the stairs. My dad went to check it out and found a pair of blacksnakes in the house.

End of critter stories.

How about you? Remember anything?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I remember when I was little seeing mouse droppings and thinking they were chocolate sprinkles, so whenever we went into KFC and they had those desserts with the sprinkles on the top, I thought they had mice too.

I also had a love for sucrets (cough drops), my sister tried talking me into walking into the livingroom one night after everyone was asleep and getting them. All I could picture was little read beady eyes looking at me when I went in there so I didn't do it.

I remember a guy breaking into the house next door from us and running into my moms room to tell her, she was awake and calling the police. They guy had broke in and was smoking a ciggarette, I always thought he broke in and was frying bacon.

When I was little I had a "Where's The Beef?" t-shirt.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Broke in to fry some bacon:

I remember a few things: I had a Superman suit as a little kid that I loved to wear, but I didn't get to usually. The highlight of my year was my dad picking me up and "flying" me around the room as I wore it. That was SO cool.

Hmm, what else? I think I mentioned this in another post (in fact, I'm sure I did, but it's applicable anyway): my family was driving by a prison one day, and I asked my dad what it was. He said it was a place where "bad people went." I said "Is Michael Dukaikas in there?" He started laughing. I didn't see what was so funny.

When I was, I dunno, 5 or 6 or something, I lived with my parents in a small apartment. An elderly couple lived in this apartment just above us, I think their last name was "Baer," or something of the sort. My parents used to talk about "The Baers Upstairs," and I always thought they were talking about actual bears. That's all I got for now.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
and I always thought they were talking about actual bears. That's all I got for now.
And you thought mine was bad?

Yeah, I know, isn't that awful? "Bears live upstairs? What if they come down here?" Pretty funny crap. I think most of my childhood was me getting the wrong idea about something, some grownup laughing at it, leaving me wondering what on earth could be THAT funny.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Hmm, what else? I think I mentioned this in another post (in fact, I'm sure I did, but it's applicable anyway): my family was driving by a prison one day, and I asked my dad what it was. He said it was a place where "bad people went." I said "Is Michael Dukaikas in there?" He started laughing. I didn't see what was so funny.
Just that you knew who Dukakis was is so "you", Chris. I love it!

And Spud... sprinkles!

I did that a lot as well. We were kids, our imagination was running wild.

I too had a Superman outfit (with detachable cape) and I wore it proudly. Used to have a picture of it, but don't anymore..

We have an annual festival here called Neewollah and they have at least three parades, one being the Kiddie parade where, you guessed it, kids get to walk through in a costume.

Well, I was all set to be in this parade, I was Dracula and I had the paint on and everything, didn't make it though, passed out and missed my one chance to be in the parade.

I remember taking a trip to California and eating hot M&M's on the way...needless to say they didn't stay in my tummy for too long, they came right back out.

Blech. That reminds me of the time I stole some candy at my grandmother's house. We were all camped out with a bunch of blankets and sleeping bags on the floor...I think it was Christmas or Thanksgiving. I was given a few small chocolates or something earlier in the day...I ate 'em right up, of course. I wanted more, though...badly.

So, when everyone else had fallen asleep, I got up, walked over to the dining room where they were sitting, grabbed a few, and put them in my pocket (BIG MISTAKE!). I wake up the next morning (why didn't I just eat them the night before?), and they're all freaky and melted and deformed in my pocket. Serves me right.

I remember having to say at my grandparent's house and sleeping in their room. They had an alarm clock that would show the time on the ceiling...I always thought that was the coolest thing.

The first thing I can remember was witnessing a terrible car accident in front of my home, in which a little girl was decapitated. I can recall her head rolling to my feet and her dead eyes staring upward at me.

Actually that's a lie. But it is supposedly Joel-Peter Witkin's first memory. Those of you who like the dark and macabre side of art should check out his work if you haven't already.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
I too had a Superman outfit (with detachable cape) and I wore it proudly. Used to have a picture of it, but don't anymore..

I still have my Wonder Woman underoos...(I don't wear them anymore)
I had Daisy Duke, C3-P0, and R2-D2 ones, too.

I used to pull the wings off of flies...
They looked weir without their wings.

Gosh, let's see..... *falls into semi-unconcious state*.... oooh, I like this... okay....

I actually think I can remember being in the womb for some reason. Oh, wait, is that Bruce Willis' voice I hear? I'm thinkin' about those scenes from Look Who's Talking. Anyway, back to my existence... not that there's anything wrong with Bruce Willis' voice... the man did sing a song.

I remember my crib. I used to get naked in it. There's even a picture of me around naked in that crib. I even used to strike poses while naked in the bathtub as a little kid (no pictures of that, however). I thought I was a Playgirl model. Yes, I still do this sometimes now (and I look better too cause I'm 18 and sexy). So that's where my sexy self confidence came from.

Hmm... I had two eye surgeries to correct an eye problem I had. The first time was when I was two, and I can't remember it at all. My mom says that when they put the IV in my arm to put me to sleep, I hated it so much that I ripped it out! Figures cause I'm arrogant and I have to have my way - and pain is the wrong door. The second time I had the surgery, the doctor who was taking me to the operating room said that I was gonna be watching television. When I finally got to the operating room, they strapped me down, and I saw the TV to my right. IT WAS A HEART MONITOR! Some show! I wanted the damn Muppet Babies! Or Freddy Krueger! All five year olds in February 1989 wanted that!

On May 13, 1989, Mother's Day, my grandparents came over to my house for a visit. My grandpa decided that a good boy like me deserved a slurpee, so he took me to the local 7-11. Well, I got my slurpee, but of course, that wasn't enough to satisfy me. I wanted to go to the playground! Unfortunately, papal did not take me to the playground that I wanted to go to (which had a big yellow slide and was behind the apartments where Lorena Bobbit used to live, because I live in the same area where she and John Wayne used to live).

So, since I didn't go to the Lorena Bobbit playground, papal took me to another playground at an elementary school. This playground had a lot of gravel and sharp rocks everywhere. Well, I played around for awhile, and papal watched me, but then papal decided to get in his car and read the newspaper. So I'm outside, running around, and I went on a slide, and when I got off, I took off running... and then I just suddenly fell. Flat down, on the rocks (no, that's not a drink). I picked myself up... but I felt really dizzy, almost unconcious. I got back into papal's car, telling him that I felt sick and tired. He had a shocked expression on his face. I buckled up and he took off to my house. He gave me a rag and told me to hold it to my head. I did, and when I took it off for a second, I saw that it was covered in BLOOD!

When I got home, my grandma was looking out the door, and when she saw me, she gasped and started yelling for my mom. When my mom saw me, she snapped. She started running through the house like a high aerobics instructor, screaming and crying and raising her hands up in the air. I was looking at myself in the hallway mirror, seeing this big cut on the side of my forehead, and I was telling her that I was gonna be alright. Well, she just grabbed her purse and grabbed my little body out of the house. They took me to the hospital and I got eight stitches in the side of my head. They had to strap me down in this tight blue body bondage restrainer so that I couldn't move my arms and legs. Then, they put a blue covering over my face so that I couldn't see... but I could feel a NEEDLE going into my head! I still have the scar today. It's not that big, but it's visible. Some people say it adds to my sexiness, so it must have been meant for me. This is probably why I don't want any tattoos. I've had worse.

Whew... that was a lot of typing. I have LOTS more to say, but I'm sure that this thread will live on, so I'll include more later. I love this thread. This forum is great because it's got everything in it. There's no holding back... everything is discussed. It's like a buffet at a rich celebrity's mansion. I try it, I don't diet. Hope you enjoyed my long post. I have to always make sure that I don't bore my audience because you're spending valuable time from your life to read it, and hopefully you finish feeling full, satisfied, and enlightened. All of Sexy Celebrity's posts have a guaranteed seal of approval. The seal will even balance a ball on its nose for you!

Originally posted by Mystery Man
The first thing I can remember was witnessing a terrible car accident in front of my home, in which a little girl was decapitated. I can recall her head rolling to my feet and her dead eyes staring upward at me.
that's not funny, that was my cousin.

sick humor

Actually that's a lie. But it is supposedly Joel-Peter Witkin's first memory. Those of you who like the dark and macabre side of art should check out his work if you haven't already.
i know (of) that artist. i have looked at a few books of his work. some amazing images.....a few are a bit too much....too macabre....but most of them are incredibly beautiful, with fabulous textures and rich tones. a few make me think of diarama's (sp) or perhaps he actually made some box like 3-D scenes.

great avatar MysteryMan.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mystery Man
Actually that's a lie.
Thank God!
How am I ever going to play on these boards at night?
**nice avatar**

My earliest memory is me sticking me head out of a porthole on a ship. But my Mum assures me that such an event never happened. So what was my earliest memory that has been backed up by statements...?

Me and my brother Sam were deadly afraid of dogs, and one day we went to our Pa's farm and he owned all these dogs and we refused to go outside. One morning he walked in and said, "You're going outside no matter what." And we said, "But..." and he butt in and said, "NO BUTS!" And so we went outside.

There was another time and we were driving along in the paddock (field) and we came up to a bull and Pa was pulling all thse faces at it and honking the horn at it and I was deadly terrified, I was thinking, That bull is going to kill us. And all the while grasshoppers were jumping into the parked ute (because it had no doors) and I was deadly afraid of grasshoppers and I was thinking, if the bull doesn't kill us, the grasshoppers will. My Pa rocked.

One Christmas he built us guns out of peices of wood and little peices of pipe. They couldn't fire anything but we could run around and pretend they did. And he had this huge front yard and we'd hide in the bushes and play secret agents or whatever. Hunters, probably. I remember the guns. They got smaller as we got older, which was always sad.

We used to have Christmas and Easter at his house and we'd wake him and Nan up at the most ungodly hour to sit in bed with them while we ate our chocolate Easter bunnies and whatnot and he'd always sit up and look near death and he'd treat us like kings and tell us about the dreams he had dreamt the night before. One of them involved running away with the mailman, who was a woman. We always laughed at that one.

One morning we were sitting at the kitchen table with him (the kitchen was fantastic. It would be bathed in early morning sunlight and we'd sit around the small table with the lights off, just letting the warm sunlight grow stronger and we were sitting there eating and he ate the most disgusting breakfast. It was like plums with peach with milk with cornflakes and oats and it looked like vomit and he would eat a huge mouthful and turn to us and say: "Yuuuummyyyy!!" And Sam and me would rear back having hated it so much. But we would laugh at the way he said it.

I remember walking across a paddock with my cousin Susie and she dropped one of those toy walkie talkies in knee high water (it had flooded and we were walking in rubber boots) and we couldn't find it.

I remember seeing a dead sheep surf across the freshly rained upon hills of the farm when we had to slit it's neck and tie a rope around it and drag it behind the speeding ute.

I remember being taught how to make cow noises to attract cows, and the consequent trouble I got in when we were picking mushrooms and started "mooing" when I was on the back of the ute and a crying Sam was in the trees trying to get back away from the "stampede".

I remember watching him as he brushed his teeth and wondered if I would ever be as grown up as he was.

I remember waking up and he wasn't there and so I walked across the paddock all by myself and found him in the sheep shed. He stood me in the middle of a sheep yard and set the sheep loose and the all ran towards me and I was screaming and then they all ran around me. None of them dared to touch me and it was the first time I realised that I was above these animals. I remember that day so clearly.

I remember my cousin Susie as we walked towards the house after finding clues that pointed clearly and consicley to the existance of the Easter Bunny, and she told me that if I wanted something really badly for Christmas I could pray to Santa Claus via Jesus.

I remember the frogs on the windows outside his dining room and I remember that I would dare not look at them in fear that they would find a way into the house. I hated frogs and I still do. They're bloody gross. He, of course, put one in the toilet for us to find...

I remember Nan giving us baths in the tiny bath. We always had bubbles. I loved bubble baths. And we'd get out and we'd go and stand by the fire and watch Pa as he watched the ABC news. Then he'd read us a story, and even better, simply tell us one.

I remember his office, which was cramped and crowded with all sorts of junk. No less a camel which could hold pencils and pens. I still wonder whatever happened to it. That camel was the only thing he never wanted us to touch, and so we didn't.

I remember his funeral, too.

my parents divorced when i was pretty young so i have no memories of them together.......yet eventhough my dad left and saw us once a week at most, i remember all our times with him. ironically my mom is the one absent from my memory. we (two bros and one sis) spent tons of time at my grandparents farm......THE GREATEST TIMES.....THE GREATEST MEMORIES.....probably the only reason i have any semblence of mental health.

memories ;
* hearing my grampa remind me of the "wire" along the freshly painted cow-pen fence...just as i lept up to climb and stand along it.....my hand clamped the wire down onto the top ridge of the plank i grabbed onto for my hold. i heard "LET GO LET GO" ......all i could do was yell "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO". my grampa had to break my grip to make me let go and i collapsed. ELECTROCUTED!!!!! somehow i came back, heh heh. but i was white and all covered with red dots.

*being warned about the fiestyness of a mother hen when she has chicks to protect....i proceeded to hold one of her chicks upside down by it's spindly little feet and the mama hen attacked my head.....pecking and clawing..... the result was a screaming kid.....i'll never do that again. lesson learned.

*finding rotten eggs buried around in the grass, in the hay.....and chasing siblings with the feared and respected rotten-egg bomb. boy when those babies exploded it was NASSS TTTEEEEEEE. ewww

*watching my grampa cut the head off a chicken on the butcher stump......chicken's body would fly around headless.

*my gramma had a drawer filled with all kinds of jello gelatin and jello pudding. she let us pick ANY KIND, ANY FLAVOR....AND......WE GOT TO MAKE IT OURSELVES......including control of the mixer, stirring, pouring, the whole deal. god i miss her.

*my gramma similarly let us sew with the sewing machine and play the player piano. she probably was right over our shoulders supervising but i only remember being allowed to have control. awesome memories.

now i'm all calm and mellowed from the salve of sweet memories.

My earlist childhood memories range from good to scary. My absolute earlist memory is when i went to the bayside with my "real" father and i got washed into the channel and i was drowning when my step mother had to save me and i almost died. Since than i havent been scared of water but i dont really like it.

My faviourite one is when i went to kindy and a friend told me how they flushed their goldfish down the toilet and they said it looked great, than i found my mothers GOLD watch and flushed that down the toilet (never to be seen again).

And it doesnt seem that long ago. Went the days of old so much easier, yet when i get to the age of thirty i will proberly be saying that these days were easy as well. The irony, the irony i tell you is just not fair.

I think that my very earliest memory is from pretty far back. I remember needing to have my diaper changed (at least I want to say it was a diaper, but maybe I just needed to have my pants cleaned up because I was potty trained pretty young), but I was too afraid to go out so my mom would notice and clean me up because I was supposed to be taking a nap and had already climbed in and out of my crib/bed so many times that she was getting annoyed.

A lot of my memories have to do with water. I remember being about 4 years old and being too scared to jump off the diving board because my friend told me that there were monsters in the deep end. I remember clinging to the side of a pool, trying not to let go. That is probably another pretty early one, because I've known how to swim since forever. I remember sitting on the shores of Lake Michigan (I used to live in Wisconsin). And playing in the sprinkler with my best friend when I was 4 or 5.

I also remember trying to paint the outside of the garage green when I was about 4, I remember all of the tricks I used to get my neighbor out of her house specifically so I could stick my tongue out at her when I was 5, I remember biting some girl in the stomach because she wouldn't get out of my way on a swingset, and wrestling another girl to the ground because she threatened to sue me (I didn't know what it meant, and assumed that it was considerably more insulting than it actually is).

You know how around the entrances to ant colonies there is a huge dark spot on the sidewalk because there are so many ants? I remember sticking my hand in one of those and then licking the ants off because my friend dared me to. I was probably 6.

I could go on forever about my memories between the ages of 4 and 6, but I won't. =)

I was 4 or so when I remember my Dad coming home from a long day at work and yelling at my brother for not taking out the trash. Normally no big deal he would take it out, for some reason this day he decided to flip my Dad off. Bad idea lol, he got a good whooping and my Dad rarly spanked us thats why it sticks in my mind. When I got older I never forgot to take the trash out.

I remember getting a Big Trak

for Christmas too, but not sure how old I was. It was the coolest toy ever.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by 7thson
I remember getting a Big Trak

for Christmas too, but not sure how old I was. It was the coolest toy ever.
Oh my gosh, I remember having one of those too!!! I liked Rock'em Sock'em Robots better, though.

I had this:

...But I gave it to one of my friends from grammar school who moved away. I miss having it. lol.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/