Pan's Labyrinth

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Well, actually everyone wants it to be real right? That's why your all pissed off how it ended, that the girl made it up?
But we get two endings, one for the real world and one for the fantasy world. And since the fantasy one comes second, it feels more like the 'real' ending, even if it isn't. I don't think there is any suggestion that she made it up, it is definitely real to her, even if not to anyone else.

But we get two endings, one for the real world and one for the fantasy world. And since the fantasy one comes second, it feels more like the 'real' ending, even if it isn't. I don't think there is any suggestion that she made it up, it is definitely real to her, even if not to anyone else.
That's the first explanation that'd I'd actually spend money on.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Actually I'm not pissed off about the way the movie ended. I don't need it to be real. I don't care if the Captain sees the creature either.

To answer your first question, I think he is a Captain in the local army government that is currently in power.

i thought this movie was superb

I though it wasn't a bad movie but it didn't register on me on the long run. It was one of those movies that critics loved when it showed up but they soon forgot it (as this forum did, since the last post is over 5 years old).

Quite good but not remotely among the greatest movies ever made (as people though it was when it was released). It was Del Toro's best movie, but that's a given (Hellboy 2? )

I though it wasn't a bad movie but it didn't register on me on the long run. It was one of those movies that critics loved when it showed up but they soon forgot it (as this forum did, since the last post is over 5 years old).
What evidence do you have for people forgetting it? Are you also aware that the movie is discussed in numerous other threads on this site? Are you sure you're not talking about Benjamin Button or something?

Quite good but not remotely among the greatest movies ever made (as people though it was when it was released). It was Del Toro's best movie, but that's a given (Hellboy 2? )
It's number 18 on the Top of the Millennium list, so your argument is invalid.

A masterpiece. True movie escapism of the highest order.

It's number 18 on the Top of the Millennium list, so your argument is invalid.
Quite low, considering it's initial reaction it would place it among the top 3-4.

It has the highest metascore of the last 12 years (98% ! http://www.metacritic.com/feature/th...-of-the-decade, but note how it fell down to 11th place in the critics top 10 lists: http://www.metacritic.com/feature/fi...-of-the-decade) and was simply the most critically acclaimed film in recent US history upon its release.

And it didn't even make into the top 25 best films of the decade in the Sign and Sound poll and was around 550th place overall. (see: http://explore.bfi.org.uk/sightandso.../4ce2b8bc3ce48, only two votes, compared to 8 votes for There Will be Blood and Spirited Away and 16 votes for the Tree of Life).

It declined, yes, and will continue to decline among film critics, like American Beauty and Schindler's List.

It is the inverse movement of films like Vertigo, which wasn't well received upon release and now sits at the top or near the top at any best films of all time list.

What evidence do you have for people forgetting it? Are you also aware that the movie is discussed in numerous other threads on this site? Are you sure you're not talking about Benjamin Button or something?
I posted plenty of evidence above that film critics are beginning to forget it. I found it indeed quite forgettable myself: after 5 years, I barely remember anything besides feeling rather bad at it's end, I even remember some Adam Sandler comedies more than that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I even remember some Adam Sandler comedies more than that.
That says more about you than Pan's Labyrinth, but I really don't care.

I posted plenty of evidence above that film critics are beginning to forget it. I found it indeed quite forgettable myself: after 5 years, I barely remember anything besides feeling rather bad at it's end, I even remember some Adam Sandler comedies more than that.
1) I asked about people forgetting it. Critics are hired hands. There are numerous great films that drop of critics' top 10s, most of your favorites being part of that I might add, yet maintain stay in countless other means, such as this site's Top 100, several favorites lists on any given site, one of the more requested films to be added to criterion collection, etc. Critics are about as relevant to film fans as raisinettes, take em or leave em.

2) You're saying your tastes haven't changed at all in 5 years? That's a terrible foundation for your argument.