Who's your favorite movie Nazi?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yep - some pretty passionate responses here. Lynch mob? Hardly.
Look, Mikey, I'm serious, but even you have to admit that you are a permanent member of the David Lynch Mob.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i love you, Sedz! you so aren't hateful. i love you, mark! i love you, Yodz! love you, will and p!

love love love love love love love love love

Harry Lime is laughing his ass off, and ironically or not, it's not in Vienna.
Harry Lime wasn't the reason this thread took off.
Maybe not, but I'm still laughing my ass off.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I respectfully disagree on the "mob" comment. This guy got pretty defensive in a fairly short period of time, I thought. When you start typing in all caps, constantly accusing people of not reading what you wrote (even when they did), and saying things like "GOT IT?," you're not exactly inviting a polite rebuttal, though I feel I offered several of those anyway.

It's a touchy subject, to be sure. And I think people should approach it as such. Even if this is all one big misunderstanding, it seems a rather understandable misunderstanding. All reasonable people should know to tread lightly around this topic, and all people (reasonable or not) should understand that when you phrase a reply in a more confrontational way, you should be prepared for someone on the other end to up the ante in return.

I don't feel anyone has been victimized or treated unfairly here, and the relatively slow way in which this discussion has evolved (over something like a couple of weeks, isn't it?) is a good example of that. Nobody was pounced on or blindsided, I don't think.

Semper Fooey
By the way, PN, Captain America didn't just fight costumed Nazis like Red Skull, he also beat up the head guy.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
in all seriousness, i don't think this is a lynch mob, either. i do think it's a big misunderstanding, though. and before planet news chimed in this afternoon, the argument was starting to look really ugly. now it's just a big debate about history, more or less.

i'd just like to say one more thing and then i'll stay out of this thread. probably. i'm really very sorry if i actually have sh*t on this thread, or have been doing so at all in any thread. i don't even mean to. i read most of these kinds of threads all the time, but i really just feel far too inept to contribute to the debate at hand most of the time, so i'd rather not.

it isn't that i don't have my own opinions on the subject. i'm just not as smart as all of you.

either way, i'd like to apologize. i'm sorry.

A system of cells interlinked
Look, Mikey, I'm serious, but even you have to admit that you are a permanent member of the David Lynch Mob.
Yeah, I can be kind of a jerk, that's for sure, and I love me some David Lynch! I'm not kidding. I dunno, I feel bad about how this all turned out, and I feel I am partially to blame.

@Ash - You rock, as always!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

i was in the movies- kinda
hope this ain't a repost.
donald sutherland in eye of the needle. favorite as in -hated him

Semper Fooey
If i have my facts right, Ronald Reagen has donned the Nazi uniform in a movie. That has a sense of irony to it.
If he ever played a Nazi I am not aware of it. I believe he only played a villain once, in his last movie, Don Siegel's The Killers.

Here, There and Everywhere
Already been said but Ralph Fiennes portrayal of Amon Goth in Schindler's List is a personal favourite. Not strictly the typical German Nazi, Edward Norton's role as Neo-Nazi Derek Vinyard in American History X was also especially powerful for me.