The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'll leave you with this as a discussion/speculation topic. GoodFellas was the number one film on the MoFo '90s list, and it had a total of 640 points. The Shining was the number one film on the MoFo '80s list, and it had a total of 617 points. Not that I'm going to tell you who is right or close, but any guesses on how many points the top '70s pick earned? We are up to 121 for the #63 slot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

As Rocky II made it onto this list, I'm hoping Rocky IV made the 80s list... it being the greatest Rocky film of them all.
That is like saying Back To The Future III is the best in the series. Go back a page and read Mark's thoughts on the Rocky series. The man speaks the truth. You got nostalgia blinders on man.

Only one I've seen is Suspiria, which I didn't care for. Which was dissapointing since I liked Aregento's Opera enough to include it on my 80s list. Have an interest in seeing the three other films, especially Animal House.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I'll leave you with this as a discussion/speculation topic. GoodFellas was the number one film on the MoFo '90s list, and it had a total of 640 points. The Shining was the number one film on the MoFo '80s list, and it had a total of 617 points. Not that I'm going to tell you who is right or close, but any guesses on how many points the top '70s pick earned? We are up to 121 for the #63 slot.
1833.89?

Suspiria is another great film that should have been on my list. Rocky II didn't make my list but it should be in the top 100, because it's miles better than the mostly unknown bilge between 100 and 80.

That is like saying Back To The Future III is the best in the series. Go back a page and read Mark's thoughts on the Rocky series. The man speaks the truth. You got nostalgia blinders on man.
Back to the Future 2 is objectively the best Back to the Future movie.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Animal House is from my list. #21. I've seen it a zillion times and it still holds up pretty well. One of my favorite comedies of all time.

Same with Glitter and his songs, if people want to nominate them, don't see why not.
I was going to nominate one in the last set, as it fit with my theme. However, while I don't put anything up to win, I didn't see the point as most wouldn't vote in its favour however they felt about the song.

Comics #1 The Dark Knight got more than the 80s and 90s and we only had 35 entries.
Yeah, but what's the competition? That it had such a high score lets you know everything about those crappy films.