Pirates Crosses 1 Billion Dollar Mark

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Took the following from comingsoon.net:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, the swashbuckling summer blockbuster from Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, added a new milestone on Friday, September 8, 2006 when it officially crossed the $1 billion mark ($1,002.6 billion) at the global box office, and became only the third film in history (behind Titanic and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King) to achieve this extraordinary feat, it was announced today, Saturday, September 09, 2006, by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.

The film, which continues to break records around the world*, has topped the international box office for nine consecutive weeks. Thus far, "Pirates" has grossed an astonishing $415.1 million at the domestic box office, making it the #1 film of the year. Internationally, its cumulative tally now stands at $587.5 million, also making it the number #1 film of the year. "Pirates" is scheduled to open in Italy on September 13, 2006.

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "To say we are excited is an understatement. This is truly an historical time for The Walt Disney Studios and a time to celebrate. 'Pirates' continues to perform on all cylinders and this is a real tribute to the remarkable team of Jerry Bruckheimer, Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, and writers Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio. The film's phenomenal success all over the world proves once again that audiences will vote to come back again and again when presented with great entertainment."

Cook continued, "I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how proud we are of our other summer successes including 'Cars,' 'Step Up,' and 'Invincible.' It's a summer that you dream about and it came together with amazing talent and diverse stories that everyone could relate to."
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Austruck
And yet somehow, I haven't seen it yet....
WHAT "RRRRRRRR" ya waitin for!? LOL Sorry, had to throw that in there.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Originally Posted by spudracer
WHAT "RRRRRRRR" ya waitin for!? LOL Sorry, had to throw that in there.
I'm in pain.

Next time you steal a joke from Saturday Night Live, pick a funny one.

P.S. I'm waiting for someone to go along with me! They all went on opening weekend, elsewhere, and I haven't talked any of them into going again so I can see it. Maybe this weekend. (It's still around, right?)

I meant, specifically, around HERE in OUR theaters. You'd be surprised at how fast they move stuff out of some of the places around here.

This sounds Unbelivable I never Thought that there will be a movie that will reach over a billion Dollars after LOTR:ROTK and that came out in 2006 when usually everybody download movies from the net(will I get a bann for saying something like that?) and not to mention that it's a sequel that we are talking about.And actually the movie got 400 million dollars only in the US.Oh and thats not all there is a third part comming in 2007 I wonder how much it will get

I also have yet to see it. I attempted once but it was sold out and I honsetly don't want to see it bad enough to try again

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by B-card
thats not all there is a third part comming in 2007 I wonder how much it will get
Not as much, it will suffer much like The Matrix Revolutions did.

wow orlando bloom is on a roll. Haven, which also he stars in, is showing this friday. i saw the trailer which i find it nice. click here to view the trailer. i saw Pirates and it was worth every penny. more power to you orlando bloom!!!

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Or it will have the Fate of Return of the king

Or it will have the Fate of Return of the king
No, since those were based off books and the second film stayed consistant with the first one's reviews. DMC hasn't.

I promise this will not be the case. The matrix was an entirely different beast. The first matrix was really a pilot for the rest of the series..the other movies were made only after there was a clear indication of a following. The thing is, you have to consider the first pirates as one movie and the last two as another movie. The first movie was very sucessful....and has a huge fan base.....thus everyone who saw the second movie will see the third because movies 2 and 3 are really the same movie just split into two parts.

Pirates 3 is going to be colossal, I promise you.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I promise this will not be the case. The matrix was an entirely different beast. The first matrix was really a pilot for the rest of the series..the other movies were made only after there was a clear indication of a following. The thing is, you have to consider the first pirates as one movie and the last two as another movie. The first movie was very sucessful....and has a huge fan base.....thus everyone who saw the second movie will see the third because movies 2 and 3 are really the same movie just split into two parts.

Pirates 3 is going to be colossal, I promise you.
Eh, same with The Matrix buddy.

Eh, same with The Matrix buddy.
Actually the Matrix sequels were Dissapointment and I agree with Equilibrum this one is going to be big and its only a second part of a trilogy there is even a chance that Pirates 3 will blow away even Titanic

Actually the Matrix sequels were Dissapointment and I agree with Equilibrum this one is going to be big and its only a second part of a trilogy there is even a chance that Pirates 3 will blow away even Titanic
You're kidding right??

AWE will make tons of cash, don't get me wrong, but it will definitly not, let me repeat that....NOT make more then DMC.

DMC disappointed a lot of fans. Even the critics panned it. It will most likely get some Oscars for Special Effects, possibly make-up.

Sorry buddy, but At Worl'd End will not break any records.

I agree with Suspect.

There's really no way that At World's End will surpass Dead Man's Chest's takings. If anything, it will either match or come close to matching what Dead Man's Chest took in.