Movies That Made You Cry!!!

Tools    

I watched this the other day and I was sobbing. When I think of the state England is in now, I wonder if that once unquenchable flame of patriotism and brotherhood that forged an empire and sustained us through our nations darkest hours, is still burning in the people. I know it burns in me.

I could have sworn I had contributed to this thread but apparently not:

My Sisters Keeper
Tracks
Dallas Buyers Club
500 Days of Summer
Love & Other Drugs
Terminator 2
The Worlds End

The Pursuit of Happyness

Pretty much every movie? I cry very easily. The ones I remember sobbing during--

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (I was all out weeping, seriously)
Big Fish
White Squall
The Notebook (of course, but not proud of it)
How to Train Your Dragon 2

Took me a while, but I finally got my list!
-Captain Phillips (I felt like I was in the room with him at the very end)
-The Croods
-The Book Thief (OMG RUDY)
-Saving Mr. Banks
-Cast Away
-Real Steel
-Dallas Buyers Club
-Seven Pounds

Too many and too often. One of the most striking I remember was from my long-postponed viewing of 25th hour. I was in tears the whole movie, absolutely infected by its atmosphere of frustration, guilt and hopeless what ifs. The conclusion has to be one of the finest pieces of film drama I've seen, making everything converge in a single scene that hurts right in the guts.

Probably the most i've ever cried at a movie was at A Perfect World when i was a kid. As an adult probably Dear Zachary, pretty obvious answer but i really wasn't expecting that.

I have to return some videotapes...
Iron Giant brings me to tears every time I watch the ending, the final scene embodies so much hope and it's beautiful.

Most recently I was close to crying at one particular scene in The Keep:

WARNING: spoilers below
It's where Ian McKellen's Dr Cuza tells his daughter to escape and go and live a full life "for [him]". It particularly upset me because I'm sure it's based on the actual recollections of Holocaust survivors.