An Actor's Mount Rushmore

Tools    

This is my variation on a question I heard about rappers the other day. What actors' faces would you want on a Mount Rushmore devoted to actors instead of presidents?

That's a tough one because, although there were only 26 presidents at the time of Mt. Rushmore, with T. Roosevelt being the most recent selection for it's final design, there have been scores of actors who might find their names in contention for an actor's Mt Rushmore. So narrowing it to 4 is tricky.

IMO such a list would comprise not just best actors, but ones who have lasted through time as classic greats. It might be easier for a Brit list, with names like Olivier, Laughton, Kingsley, or Hopkins. But an American list would offer many more suggestions via volume.

I think one would have to consider these: Humphrey Bogart, Spencer Tracy, Marlon Brando, Burt Lancaster.

But too, on a classic list one would have to consider Edward G. Robinson, Kirk Douglas, Orson Welles, and Clark Gable.

This is my variation on a question I heard about rappers the other day. What actors' faces would you want on a Mount Rushmore devoted to actors instead of presidents?
Do they have to be American and male?

They sure do buddy!!

(Just kidding.)

What actors' faces would you want on a Mount Rushmore devoted to actors instead of presidents?

If that was a real thing I'd say humanity had went off the rails. But it's a hypothetical question and interesting in that context so:

Now that you mention it, I thought it would be nice to do one for males and one for females. Narrowing the choices out of all actors, both sexes, down to five, would be pretty much impossible. So how about a male Rushmore and a female Rushmore.

Now that you mention it, I thought it would be nice to do one for males and one for females. Narrowing the choices out of all actors, both sexes, down to five, would be pretty much impossible. So how about a male Rushmore and a female Rushmore.

I've got Streep for my metaphorical Crazy Horse Memorial, if that helps.

For female classic American actresses, I'd certainly consider Lilian Gish, Ethyl Barrymore, Barbara Stanwyck, and Bette Davis. Katharine Hepburn is noted, but IMO her film role palette was not quite as broad as the others. Meryl Streep is a great actress, but she's still living.

I forgot the opening line.
Katherine Hepburn, Marlon Brando, Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Looks like Elvis and Marilyn in the middle and maybe Buster Keaton on screen right due to that funny face and the trademark hat. I still can't guess who's on screen left?

Tough one! I'm gonna keep this to movie stars only because theres alot of unknown stage actors that would crush the majority of talent in Hollywood. I'll also include women since, well, they should be included.

Anthony Hopkins

Meryl Streep

Laurence Olivier

Daniel Day-Lewis

That looks like John Wayne on the far left, but I have no idea who the other three are.
You're probably right it must be John Wayne. Also Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and I think Buster Keaton.

You're probably right it must be John Wayne. Also Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and I think Buster Keaton.
The far right is Chaplin. It is a horrible representation, but given the hat and mustache it is supposed to be Charlie Chaplin.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra