Ocean's 11

→ in
Tools    

lets get one thing strait, see this friday.

Living in las vegas, i thought this movie was great, some of you may not appciate this as much as i did.
-Steven Soderbergh is a god, another greatly directed film, another possible best director nomination.
-Geoge Cloony was george cloony, perfect for the part, but the same exact kinda part played in O Brother.
-Julia Roberts was julia roberts, no chemistry with anyone, but for some reason i cant hate her.
-Brad Pitt was Brad pitt, perfect. If this guy doesnt get a oscar soon, theres something seriously wrong with the world
-Andy Garcia was great, i loved him, perfect for the role.
-Matt Damon seemed like a bad idea until the end, then he shines.
-Don cheadle was perfect, he is one of the few actors that always plays a different role, takes on a new personality.
-Scott Caan and Casey Affleck were wonderful together. They seemed like real brothers, gave the movie some of its greatest comedy.

All of the team members had great chemistry together, none of them seemed "out of place"
This movie is no traffic, but a definite must see. Different kind of movie, no best picture award, but a more fun, entertaining movie.

Very, very clever, everything worked out perfectly, very unpredictable, one of the few things missing in most movies today. Very funny, i would lable it as a comedy.

I had the perfect seats in this movie, dead center, 2nd row of the stadium seats, with a full house, and not sitting next to anyone annoying, see this movie with a crowd, and with lots of your friends, we had fun guessing what was happening, but being of course totally wrong.

Great movie.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Sounds good. Has anyone seen the original with Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack? Apparently, it sucked.

I've seen the original, and it's more of an excuse to see the Rat Pack hang out and be cool than an actual movie. But I wouldn't say it "sucked" necessarily.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by mecurdius

-Julia Roberts was julia roberts, no chemistry with anyone, but for some reason i cant hate her.
-Brad Pitt was Brad pitt, perfect. If this guy doesnt get a oscar soon, theres something seriously wrong with the world
Hmmm...there's something wrong with this post...20 bonus points who can figure out what it is. Hint: It has nothing to do with the," Brad Pitt getting an Oscar", comment.

Soderbergh's [color=dark red]Ocean's 11[/color] is fun. I don't think there's a twist in the job a genre fan won't see coming, but it's all done with elegance and charm, so that hardly matters.

Nice subtle work by Soderbergh, nothing painfully over-the-top or needlessly campy and self-referential. Even the two original Ocean's Eleveners are only there for the more hardcore fan to note, but not to detract from the overall story (if you blink, you'd miss 'em). The assembled cast works very well together, a good delegation of duties without any apparent ego checks. The finale set to the Clair de Lune is really satisfying.

It's just plain fun. I give it a solid B.

*and Julia's end credit is a good snicker, very much my sense of humor.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I enjoyed this movie a lot even though it was too cold in the theater.

I saw Angie Dickenson. Who's the other original Ocean's Elevener who was there (Heck, other than Joey Bishop, I don't remember who else is even alive from the original).

It was as good as I expected it to be (which is actually saying a lot).

I was too busy noticing that Dickinson was there to see who she was with (not that I would necessarily recognize Silva anyway).

My first post!! Well, I'll see how long I stay around here since it all depends on work. Anyway, I wanted to chime in on the movie, especially since I thought it was such a terriific movie. I'm sure there may be better movies out there right now, however, I felt I got good entertainment value for this movie. I'm very picky with movies and have to admit that I was sceptical about this 'all-star' cast making a 'blockbuster' hit. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a movie this thoroughly, probably 'Crouching Tiger' being the last movie that I really enjoyed.

Andy Garcia aka Terry Bennett, I think, was great, and you would think so after the stint in GF. He was such a good antagonist, that I was really rooting for the heist to be successful - I'm not saying it's right to root for thieves, but, hey, I did :\ Very carefully crafted heist, which made the plot more believable. Coupled with Garcia's 24-7 'PO'd' look in the movie, and you really figured the Bellagio was getting screwed big-time out of it's 'hard-earned' $$. I agree to a degree about what a previous poster said about jula Roberts, you just can't hate/dislike her, although I thought she was very good as well (i must be biased). I think it's that solemn look she gives to an opposing love interest that sparks the imagination of movie viewers - you go through so many emotions and thoughts just analyzing it. She probably gets paid her big $$ just for that look, she does it every movie... I loved the 'pre-ending' when the guys planned the ending, where they met for the last time together in front of the Bellagio waterworks, without uttering a word - sheer silence - the type of emotions felt through just a commonality of thievery and a job well done. I could go on and on.... but I'll refrain. So anyone want to chime in and add...I'm game to discuss anything, it's a slow Monday at the office *sigh*

Now With Moveable Parts
Welcome to MoFo, tiredoftraffic...at least I won't forget your user name1

Female assassin extraordinaire.
saw it, enjoyed it, you're right, no oscar winner but charming and fun.

andy garcia is one delicious man. i look at him, i just don't know what to do. i hear his voice, and i'm deaf to everything else. he was perfect for this, though a little over the top ... or just, over dramatic, in a couple places.

hey ... what Julia Roberts end credit?

you know what? this straight hair thing of hers is not working for me. her face is to sternly angled for that, she looks constantly like she's going to jutt out her chin and start a fight. esp since she smiles less. she looked better in America's Sweethearts, at least her hair seemed warm and inviting. but even on Revealed (E!) ... she's just feeling very cold, and you're right, without chemistry ... but i know she's capable of it. she had it in AS, so it's not like she's entirely without.

but her warmth seems to have run out. maybe it's maturity, i dunno. back in Pretty Woman days her laugh was as quick as her smile ... now she seems so much more controlled, serious, and "adult." me no likey.

The end credit I was referring to comes after the entire main cast is listed individually. The very last card reads:

and introducing
Julia Roberts as Tess

I thought it was funny, anyway. Your mileage may vary.

And I liked Julia fine in Ocean's 11. On the other hand, I thought America's Sweethearts was one of the unfunniest and lest-amusing 'comedies' I've seen in a long time, a good cast wasted on a tedious and poorly-executed idea.

I think curled hair is good (perfect example of how her hair should be: "My Best Friend's Wedding")...but straight is nice, too. Like it was in "Notting Hill."

If there is a way, let me know. If not, I guess the forum format is to stack posts?

and thanks for welcoming me aboard, sadesdrk. I'd watch more movies, but..., you guessed it, I'm usually stuck in traffic, hence time is rare Heh, Mofo, eh? And was it me or was Brad Pitt's character always eating? Made me want to head out to Vegas for some Buffet...

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tiredoftraffic
and thanks for welcoming me aboard, sadesdrk. I'd watch more movies, but..., you guessed it, I'm usually stuck in traffic, hence time is rare
I like getting caught in traffic...makes it so much easier to let go of the wheel and rock out!

We're discussing Julia Robert's HAIR now? Will it ever end?!

I spend a good deal of time in an auto enthusiasts forum, and it's driver's like you that have us all scared )

...as for Julia's hair, I like her hair no matter what. She has a certain glow and presence to her that offsets any bad hair day she'll have, imo.

I'm also guessing this forum is moderated, and that discussions should stay on topic?

Now With Moveable Parts
Damn! The 'ol stay-on-topic-rule!

I'm outta here!