Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Return (2003)

Austere Russian drama where a father of questionable motives returns after an absence to take his 2 sons on a fishing trip to ostensibly "toughen them up". Fantastic acting from all involved and the writing keeps you changing your mind as to the fathers true intentions. The ending is both satisfying and deeply emotional. Really enjoyed this...9.5/10!!

Hak se wui yi wo wai kwai [Election 2] (Johnnie To, 2006)
+
Easily gets my vote

The Return (2003)

Austere Russian drama where a father of questionable motives returns after an absence to take his 2 sons on a fishing trip to ostensibly "toughen them up". Fantastic acting from all involved and the writing keeps you changing your mind as to the fathers true intentions. The ending is both satisfying and deeply emotional. Really enjoyed this...9.5/10!!
That was one of the nominations in the Virgin Hof. I really liked that film and overall it did well.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★

Oh yeah! "There's violence against woman, and they are treated like objects, so don't watch this film, 'cause it sucks..." After a quick research on internet I found a lot of this types of commentaries. This is the real world (the film is inspired by a true story), it's a film about dark desires, most people will hate because it's frustrating (Life it's frustrating most of the time), I liked a lot. Carrey was good and I think that Carrey fans will be the ones the will most hate this film.

Take a look at this review: The credits, white type on a black background, alternate with images of sexual bondage. One shot shows a blonde woman, naked, her wrists bound by a black cord; that cord suspends her from the curved ceiling of a stone corridor; the woman is revolving slowly as she hangs. The next image is the credit “In Association with Ratpac Entertainment.” You don’t have to be too inside the inside baseball of moviemaking to recognize that corporate entity as belonging to Brett Ratner, who late last year was one of several powerful men in Hollywood accused of sexual harassment.

In 'Winstein/Times Up' times every film with womans being mistreated will be ****ted by critics and by lots of people. Of course there's people that didn't identify, or didn't like the slow (
WARNING: "Dark Crimes" spoilers below
and frustrating with anti climax
) story and so on. But dear God, other than for awkward reasons like "this movie treats women as objects or is from the producer that abused someone"

WARNING: "Dark Crimes" spoilers below
There's a lot of 'banal elements' in this film, at least it's what lots of people are complaining, it's funny, 'cause it's one of the purpose of the film.

Sleepaway Camp (Robert Hiltzig, 1983)
+
Throwaway crap more like

Burke and Hare (2010)

Good laugh i thought and obviously all hear-say but Serkis and Pegg did well. Was shocked to see Ronnie fecking Corbett in it. The idea of Isla Fishers' characters all female MacBeth is hilarious *and* intriguing....good romp 7/10.

Que Horas Ela Volta? [The Second Mother] (Anna Muylaert, 2015)
+
Apparently I'm quite drawn to ordinary middle-aged female leads these days

Love Umberto D. Always cry when he found his little dog.

Highway To Hell

For it's faults this is a ballsy movie and and there is fun to be had along the way and despite what the title suggests, is literally about a highway to hell, I say that because you might think think a movie called Highway To Hell could be about almost anything, no this actually does what it says on the tin and hell is much like the Las Vegas Desert// filled with zany characters, the damned and old Beezlebub himself.. who isn't too bad a guy but a bit of a jerk at times.. the main character is a lot like Corey Haim and he is going to hell to get his girlfriend Kristy Swanson back who was taken by hell cop .. oh yeah there is a hell cop. I think I saw this years ago.

I'm sorry you didn't like the first one but you should give the second one a shot.
Maybe one day, you never know. Won't be for a while though if it happens.

Dixie Dynamite (1976)

I was drawn to this as I saw the big mural on the wall of the video store in Refns "Bleeder"....well hmmm! A bit like a low budget adult Dukes of Hazzard with a similar predictable storyline. Not really fun at all. Warren Oates, when in it, seems drunk, and properly drunk, not acting drunk in a hootch/moonshine southern way. Dodge this one. 2/10.

Star Trek Beyond (2016)

I watched all 3 of these reboots this month, so maybe I'm just getting sick of them. This one followed the same tried and true formula as the other two, but failed to provide any new attractive elements.

Mädchen in Uniform [Maidens In Uniform] (Leontine Sagan & Carl Froelich, 1931)

Proto St. Trinian's (no headmistresses were harmed in the making of this fillum)