A new Friday the 13th!

Tools    

I'd rather Rob Zombie remade this instead, since is Micheal was more in tone with Jason. Prefer a remake than lame attempt to drill some life with a contrived sequel though. Shame Jason looks awful.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
True that would be awsome if rob zombie remade it I tottally agree with you rob makes awsome films he has an eye for it!

I expect nothing more from this series than cheesy dialogue, lame stories and tons of killing so I would much rather see a Freddy V.s Jason sequel because at least that movie was fun. I have seen Jason do the solo thing 10 times do we really need a "re-imagining" of the most simple movies ever. The first three installments all had the same plot anyway just a change in the killer

So when is the Friday the 13th box set coming out again? As I'm sure this is the only real reason they are "rebooting" an already dead and buried franchise, right?

And Monkeypunch hit it on the head, if they are remaking this flick does that mean its going to be good this time around? Or no. I remember last year when I mentioned that the original Halloween wasn't any particular great shakes I was repeatedly told it was a "classic". Does that apply for Friday as well?

I remember last year when I mentioned that the original Halloween wasn't any particular great shakes I was repeatedly told it was a "classic". Does that apply for Friday as well?
Nah Friday was one off the Halloween imitators that just happened to extend into it's own franchise, the first doesn't even have the star Jason in. Halloween was tense and well thought out, Friday is just the same pattern without the restraint.

I love Halloween, John Carpenter took almost nothing and made some horror movie gold.

Sean Cunningham on the other hand just made a decently entertaining slasher flick with Friday, nothing more nothing less

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
The original really is solid/decent at best. In the right hands the remake could be something good, or at least interesting. I really liked the "Halloween" remake btw, as Zombie took a different approach and a different direction with it. Hopefully we see something of the sort with the Friday remake, but I remain skeptical. Part of me wants to see it though, and I do want to view the other Friday films (well at least the ones the fans say are worth viewing anyways).

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I just now rewatched the original Halloween. I raised it to a
. If a Friday the 13th is worth more than
, please explain which one it is, and why. I've seen more than my "fair" share.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive been a massive fan of all the old horror films and this ive got big hopes for, but there is always that possibility that it will/could be pants!

Fighting the curse
Ive heared rumours that freddy vs jason 2 will have ash in it? is this true?
Sam Raimi decided that he didn't want the character of Ash to appear in it just in case he wants to use him in Evil Dead IV. The script is what was used to make the comic book Freddy vs. Jason vs Ash.

So it was decided by the powers that by to forgo anymore versus films and instead concentrate on a remake/reimagining instead.

Heh, I don't like the teaser posters. Same from the last two Jason flicks, which is pretty boring.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I do like the teaser posters they are cool, im a massive fan. Ive found the posters on google not on any site, so does anyone know what site they are on?

I do like the teaser posters they are cool, im a massive fan. Ive found the posters on google not on any site, so does anyone know what site they are on?
Thats why i ask. The ones I posted are from Comic Con. They were just released. The ones you posted aren't anywhere. On any site. Not one movie/media entertainment webpage has gotten hold of those as posters. So unless you find a site that has them also, they remain fanmade.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Thats why i ask. The ones I posted are from Comic Con. They were just released. The ones you posted aren't anywhere. On any site. Not one movie/media entertainment webpage has gotten hold of those as posters. So unless you find a site that has them also, they remain fanmade.
Dude I think you'll find that I didnt post these posters on this thread or in fact anywhere. Check the first page and the name above the post is a green colour and it doesnt say n3wt.

Although this Friday the 13th is not a sequel, it is technically the 11th film in the franchise and follows Jason's last apperance in Freddy vs Jason in 2003. Friday the 13th is currently set to open on Friday, February 13th, 2009. You can watch the leaked Comic-Con 08 Friday the 13th Trailer here.

Source: First Showing.net