Worlds Best Vampire Movie?

Tools    

I can't think of anyone here who would deny that Twilight is the greatest vampire movie ever made.

I was actually looking forward to Twilight, for the so bad it's good factor. I bought the first three movies in a 3-in-1 package. I was so bored by the first Twilight though, that I just left the whole package at my friend's place. It was somewhat humorous, but it was more boring than anything else.

I have Murnau's Nosferatu, and while it is a pretty great silent film, it's more iconic for it's place in history and what it accomplished at the time than anything else.

I've developed a liking for Let Me In starring Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Grace Moretz.

I've so far been disappointed in adaptations of Dracula, particularly Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Francis Ford Coppala. It doesn't quite live up to its name of being Bram Stoker's, particularly with the subplot, which overtook the main plot of Mina falling in love with Dracula and Mina holding Jonathan, Quincey, and Arthur at gunpoint when they try to kill Dracula right at the end and her mercy-killing Dracula. It makes me feel Quincey died for nothing, since in the book he and Jonathan kill Dracula and Quincey dies knowing that they have succeeded in freeing Mina from Dracula's influence.

And then there's the casting choices for Mina and Jonathan. Was it so hard to get someone with authentic English accents for these two? They could have easily gone with Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz, to give an example.

I haven't, actually. I guess I like the lack of ambiguity regarding Abby's gender.

So what did you think of my notes on Bram Stoker's Dracula?
I don't know, i haven't seen it in a few years and i also haven't read the book.

I've developed a liking for Let Me In starring Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Grace Moretz.

I've so far been disappointed in adaptations of Dracula, particularly Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Francis Ford Coppala. It doesn't quite live up to its name of being Bram Stoker's, particularly with the subplot, which overtook the main plot of Mina falling in love with Dracula and Mina holding Jonathan, Quincey, and Arthur at gunpoint when they try to kill Dracula right at the end and her mercy-killing Dracula. It makes me feel Quincey died for nothing, since in the book he and Jonathan kill Dracula and Quincey dies knowing that they have succeeded in freeing Mina from Dracula's influence.

And then there's the casting choices for Mina and Jonathan. Was it so hard to get someone with authentic English accents for these two? They could have easily gone with Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz, to give an example.
Yeah, I thought Coppala's Dracula was a bit bland. It was okay, but yeah... Reeves was not a great choice for the lead. And yeah, his accent was pretty bad.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Probably shouldn't admit this but i've only seen three silent films . City Lights, The Cabinet of Dr Caligari and The Wind.
Not bad! I've seen 130 full-length silent films. Cheers!

Both the original and the Herzog versions of Nosferatu are essential. Abel Ferrera's The Addiction creates a spectacular metaphorical kindship between Vampirism and the decadence of humans in societal structures. Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive shares similar philosophical undertones. Both highly recommended if you're looking for a unique interpretation of the mythos.
My first viewing of a vampire film was the Hammer Horror film Dracula which still holds a place in my favourite vampire films. Otherwise I like Let The Right One In, which as CiCi says is also a very good book, unlike Anne Rice's Interview which is a dreadful read, like reading through treacle.

Also like The Addiction which Nexus mentions above, otherwise Nosferatu is the best!

The most loathsome of all goblins
Abel Ferrera's The Addiction creates a spectacular metaphorical kindship between Vampirism and the decadence of humans in societal structures.
Ferrara is such an underrated director, one of my favorites.

Sharon Tate's scenes are simply stunning.
An accurate description of anything involving Sharon Tate. Va-va-voom!

Scary: Nosferatu (1922). Funny: Love at First Bite (1979) -- I particularly liked the way the old man in Romania warded off Dracula.

Also worth checking is Count Dracula (1977), starring Louis Jourdan. It is reportedly the most faithful adaptation of the original novel (which I have never read, so I cannot vouch for this).

Also worth checking is Count Dracula (1977), starring Louis Jourdan. It is reportedly the most faithful adaptation of the original novel (which I have never read, so I cannot vouch for this).
I watched it last year and I thought it was really good. Two standout things are Frank Finlay as Van Helsing and Jack Shepherd as Renfield – by a mile the best Renfield I've ever seen.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Some of my favourites include:
The Hunger
Only Lovers Left Alive
The Addiction
Nosferatu (both the Murnau and Herzog version)
Vampire's Kiss
Dracula (1958) (and all the rest of this Hammer series with Christopher Lee)
Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
Dracula: Pages From a Virgin's Diary
The Shiver of the Vampires
Requiem for a Vampire
The Naked Vampire
Vampyr (Dreyer's)
Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl
The Vampire Lovers
Vampyros Lesbos
Kiss of the Damned
Daughters of Darkness

I have to rewatch Tod Browning's Dracula, though.

They could have easily gone with Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz, to give an example.
That could have worked, yeah.