Barack Obama/Joe Biden
16.67%
7 votes
John McCain/Sarah Palin
16.67%
7 votes
Other
42 votes. You may not vote on this poll

WOW. That was spooky. It was like you were channeling an argument against Ken Starr, only with a different pronoun.
Yeah, it is a a bit like that overzealous investigation, isn't it? I'm guessing you didn't care for that one, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this one. These things work both ways, as I often find myself reminding you. But I'm guessing the policy is: outraged when it's someone I like, silent when it isn't.

Yeah, it is a a bit like that overzealous investigation, isn't it? I'm guessing you didn't care for that one, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this one. These things work both ways, as I often find myself reminding you. But I'm guessing the policy is: outraged when it's someone I like, silent when it isn't.
I think the media attention about it has been overzealous, but as it was a bipartisan commission and an investigation her own office started, I don't see anything wrong or unfair with the investigation in and of itself. Seemed to be going along fine and was going to peter out into whatever it was going to be until the spotlight hit and and then Palin and/or the McCain folks decided to stop it...which just made it look suspicious. But that was their strategy so now they're stuck with it.

I don't think the investigation was a witch hunt or anything. Oh, bad choice of words. And silly, because we know Sarah's been protected against witches. Can any of the other candidates say that?!? Didn't think so. It should be a plank of her platform.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think the media attention about it has been overzealous, but as it was a bipartisan commission and an investigation her own office started, I don't see anything wrong or unfair with the investigation in and of itself. Seemed to be going along fine and was going to peter out into whatever it was going to be until the spotlight hit and and then Palin and/or the McCain folks decided to stop it...which just made it look suspicious. But that was their strategy so now they're stuck with it.
Key passage: "until the spotlight hit." Of course they went into defense mode when the media blew it out of proportion. They'd have been stupid not to. And yes, there's nothing wrong with the investigation. There's a lot wrong with what people are saying about it.

I don't think the investigation was a witch hunt or anything. Oh, bad choice of words. And silly, because we know Sarah's been protected against witches. Can any of the other candidates say that?!? Didn't think so. It should be a plank of her platform.
You want to compare the candidate's pastors? Really? Okay, let's have that discussion. I think we both know how it turns out.

You must see the irony inherent in the criticisms about pastors and inexperience. So my question is: do you genuinely not realize that most of the criticism applies as much (or more) to Obama, or do you just ignore it when it does?

You ready? You look ready.
You must see the irony inherent in the criticisms about pastors and inexperience. So my question is: do you genuinely not realize that most of the criticism applies as much (or more) to Obama, or do you just ignore it when it does?
I'll admit that I most certainly see that. Which negates the entire criticism of Obama, for me anyways. McCain is talking about how Obama doesn't have a lot of experience, but then he goes and picks someone inexperienced? Hmm, that's odd. I thought that guy didn't like inexperienced people? Oh wait, that only applies to the other party. My bad, my bad.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I think this poll should have included:

UNDECIDED

And, out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many of the members who answered are actually eligible to vote…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

And, out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many of the members who answered are actually eligible to vote…

Raises hand.

You ready? You look ready.

UNDECIDED

Eligible?!

Hmmm.... did I use the wrong word (which is not unusual for me) or am I just "blondie" today...

Eligible - Pronunciation Key [el-i-juh-buhl] -

–adjective
1. fit or proper to be chosen; worthy of choice; desirable: to marry an eligible bachelor.
2. meeting the stipulated requirements, as to participate, compete, or work; qualified.

The King of Movies
Here is my mini essay on why you should not vote for McCain and Palin:

If America thought Bush was bad, you won't beleve what will happen if McCain dies and Palin becomes president.

Im not joking here folks, Palin knows nothing about politics. Have you seen those interviews shes done???

She hardly has ANY experiance at all. She would be fine for perhaps a mayor of a small to medium city BUT there is no way she should be vice (or potentualy presedent) of the biggest country in the world.

Although this has not been confirmed but aparently she did an interview once and when she was asked what she is going to do about Alaska's high school drop out rate been realy high she responded not by saying any thing about putting more money into schools or making new programs to get kids to go to school, BUT she said that kids that want to drop out of school should personaly call her and she would convinve them not to.

Now ask your self do you realy want a person like that pretty much running the world???

I mean personaly im fine with Johnny but even though i can't vote, i wouldn't vote for him simply because of Palin. I garantee you that there are college/high school students that know more about pollitics and forign affairs than Palin.

So please for the love of good vote for Obama!

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
id be scared if mccain got the vote, something happened to him and palin stepped in. The woman doesnt believe global warmng is the fault of mankind...so she's going to do nothing about it if she had the chance? She's not going to continue to cut carbon emissions? She's not going to look at alternative, renewable, clean energy sources?

id be scared if mccain got the vote, something happened to him and palin stepped in. The woman doesnt believe global warmng is the fault of mankind...
She's given slightly conflicting statements on this. The idea that she doesn't think it's based on human activity is based almost entirely, I believe, on a quote about how she's "not like Al Gore" in laying the blame at our feet. Whether or not this was meant to toss the idea out completely, or just poke Al Gore for being so aggressive about it, I'm not sure, but she said recently that mankind might be having an effect.

Either way, I'm extremely perturbed that so many people seem so uninterested in debating the question. As upsetting as it may be to see some people blindly ignore the possibility that we might be doing something wrong, it's just as upsetting to see people so easily convinced of the idea.

so she's going to do nothing about it if she had the chance? She's not going to continue to cut carbon emissions? She's not going to look at alternative, renewable, clean energy sources?
That's a non-sequitur. She's come out in favor of exploring virtually every form of alternative energy, as has McCain. I don't know if she's given a single interview or speech without saying something to this effect.

Not thinking mankind is necessarily responsible for the warming of the earth has little bearing on the energy policy debate. All the candidates have agreed that new energy is needed; the debate lies primarily in whether or not we should rely on it exclusively in the hope it pans out soon (Obama), or whether or not we should drill offshore and increase nuclear power use in the meantime to ease energy prices (McCain).

The King of Movies
lol you went into deph there.

McCain IMO is just another verson of Bush. But i can handle that.

But what i can't handle is the fact that if he wins an idiot like Palin has the second most important job in the world and McCain being elderly is more acident prone. If he got elected Palin would be just one slipery shower away from becoming presedent. Now come on thats a scary thought.

The King of Movies

UNDECIDED

Even though i live in AUS, im actualy an American citizen BUT i can't vote regardless because of my age.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Not thinking mankind is necessarily responsible for the warming of the earth has little bearing on the energy policy debate. All the candidates have agreed that new energy is needed; the debate lies primarily in whether or not we should rely on it exclusively in the hope it pans out soon (Obama), or whether or not we should drill offshore and increase nuclear power use in the meantime to ease energy prices (McCain).
I'm glad McCain differs from the Republican platform in this area, but he hasn't done enough, nor is he consistent:

According to money.cnn.com:

The energy policies of Barack Obama and John McCain differ widely and voters can bet on some spirited political debate.
McCain would mandate reductions ingreenhouse gasses, then largely rely on the free market to spur conservation. In order to ease the pain of high gas prices he also wants to suspend the federal gas tax.
Obama would tax oil companies and use the money to help low income people. He would also restrict greenhouse gasses, but charge more for companies to pollute and use the money to fund renewable energy research. He also sees a bigger role for government in encouraging conservation.
McCain voted against increased fuel economy standards.
McCain has been against rebates to hybrid buyers.
McCain supports tax breaks to the oil companies.
Obama supports a profits tax on the oil companies to help ease the rising costs.

Obama is more aggressive in this area.

And about the global warming debate, I have no idea why anyone would be upset that there are people that accept that people contribute to global warming. The only people that want us to slow down, not do anything, or argue about it endlessly are those people that don't want any restrictions put out there. We're supposed to trust the companies to make changes on their own. Riiiight.

And you know, if we sit around and argue about whether man is responsible, nothing gets done. So why not hedge our bets and just accept it? Hey, it's only our earth we're talking about.