Your Favorite Guitar Solos?

Tools    

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
So I've started to get interested in this guitarist Ronald Jenkees, his guitar solos are awesome, they have a futuristic sound to them and RJ has some orgasmic guitar solos. What are your favorite guitar solos?
&list=FL7b0bjml0eC9CZp4cdcVN1w&index=9&feature=plpp

First thing that came to mind: (solo starts at about 3:46)

From Fleetwood Mac's 1997 reunion special. I have to say, though, after personally seeing Buckingham perform this song 7 times (gonna be 8 in October), this version's actually rather tame.

Also gotta agree with "White Room" by Cream, "Sweet Child O' Mine" by GnR, "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd and of course "Stairway to Heaven" from HK's video. Oh and the Hendrix stuff. Can't forget that.

Freebird is the first one that came to mind. For me, that's the definative guitar solo and Knebworth is my favourite performance.

*EDIT. Solo starts around 6:40.*

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
&ob=av2e

Darrell Abbott - Cemetery Gates - Pantera

Allan Holdsworth - Metal Fatigue

Steve Howe - Sound Chaser - Yes

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Here are a few tasty ones I like.

Cat Coore at the 2:10 mark

Dickey Betts at the 1:08 mark

Jeff Beck at the 1:56 mark

Al Anderson at the 3:30 mark

It is the epitome of bland. I could play it flawlessly after playing for a year and a half, and was bored to no end. You can only bend the same note, play the same scale so many times.

I will actually think about it and report back, but I don't understand the point of listing things without giving reasons (other than the first post), which seems to be a plague. Also why am I wrong?

Complexity is not what makes a solo great. What makes a solo great is the sound created and its resulting affect on the audience.

Just because you were able to play it after only a short time does not lessen its impact on the collective listener.

Oh well lesson learned, who would've thought, I only care about technicality apparently.
What makes a solo great is the sound created and its resulting affect on the audience.
This is not a plus, this is a non-statement. Cause and effect =/= good result. It = cause and effect. A solo, regardless of how many notes it comprises of, is supposed to make a statement that gives it worth, as does any other section of the song really. If that statement, like it is in Free Bird, compromises of a predictable amount of minutes of what are essentially the same rudiments, then it's just wankery. The illusion of the "...YEAH!" feeling you get is when the tempo picks up and the drums accent the 4/4 into oblivion because it works on motor reaction, not emotional manifest.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm thinking about my answer but I'm not ready to contribute that. However, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't go into every thread where we currently have "debates" which cannot be resolved due to people's fundamental differences in perspective and ask a similar question. For example, are guitar solos art or entertainment? But then we didn't prove a thing with that in my movie thread so I wonder why people keep banging their heads... oh wait, I forgot - a sore head is fun, performance art and entertainment all tied into one.