Songs/Artists you're ashamed of liking

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Inspired by the "Secret Favourite Movies" thread, this thread asks if you are have a secret liking of an artist or song that you'd never bring up in conversation.

I have a weird sort of affection for D:Ream. I know they're not that good at all, and I would never tell anyone outside of this forum that I even own their "best of" cd, but sometimes it's nice to listen to "Things Can Only Get Better" once in a while.

That was probably a bit of a weak confession, but hopefully someone will have a far better one.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
You're on TD99.

&feature=fvwrel

I have a weird sort of affection for D:Ream. I know they're not that good at all, and I would never tell anyone outside of this forum that I even own their "best of" cd, but sometimes it's nice to listen to "Things Can Only Get Better" once in a while.

That was probably a bit of a weak confession, but hopefully someone will have a far better one.
I wouldn't call that weak. I'd call it astounding.

As with guilty pleasures, etc, there's no shame involved for me, but in the spirit of the thread, I always get looks when I tell people that this is one of the best pop songs of the last 20 years.

That's a classic slice of pop and you'll be hearing it on radios for the rest of your life. I think similarly of Toxic, but it's not on BOMT's level of greatness.

I still like it.

I wouldn't call that weak. I'd call it astounding.
Confess!

This is your favorite song of all time:

Yes, I have tissues for you:

Mine would not be so embarrassing if I was a bit older, however I can't stop listening to Kiss from a Rose by Seal.

Mine come from all areas of music, I'm not ashamed of liking them but they would regarded by other people they are shameful.

Now these two I'm ashamed of liking

&feature=related

I grew up listening to the Oils, though Peter Garrett is a dreadful Government Minister...his music will outlast his job, probably next year.

^Yeah, that music vid was on MTV non-stop way way back. Almost everyone liked it. Someone I loved way way back, even a little further back, was Peter Gabriel.

^Yeah, that music vid was on MTV non-stop way way back. Almost everyone liked it. Someone I loved way way back, even a little further back, was Peter Gabriel.

You should never be ashamed of liking Peter Gabriel. He's easily one of the more important figures of his era in many ways.