Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Baby of Macon (1993)

I watched this because I heard it was sick and disturbing. There is plenty of sick in theory, but I thought it was way too theatrical to be disturbing. It looked like an elaborate stage play and I didn't like that at all. No atmosphere whatsoever. It has it's moments, mostly on the humorous side, but for the most part I found it dull.
100% with you on this Cricket. I was very let down.

A beautiful female hitchhiker is picked up by an unseen driver and shortly after murdered. Mark Gifford, a merchant sailor on leave, then disposes of the body, attracting the suspicion of his wheelchair bound brother Robert . Police Inspector Cheadle is no fool and soon suspects both of the Gifford siblings. This psycho mystery was one of the best things to come out of the Australian film industry in the mid '70s. There are only the two suspects but the taut direction by Tim Burstall keeps you guessing to the final scene. John Waters (Mark) and George Mallaby (Robert) are superb as the tormented brothers. There is also a camero role by veteran thespian Charles 'Bud' Tingwell.

The Interview (2014) or my friends judging me the whole movie after telling them I have a Seth Rogen crush

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I never realized it completely bombed in theaters.

I love it though. If I only had 3 movies, it would be 1.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Beirut 7/10

Lilja 4-ever 9/10

ACAB - All Cops Are Bastards 7/10

The White Ribbon 9/10

The Killing of a Sacred Deer 9/10

The Square 7/10

The Ritual 6/10

Falling Down 8/10

Lilya 4-ever broke me. Great, sad film.

Blockers (2018)

+

My wife and I both enjoyed this quite a bit. Three parents try to prevent their daughters from losing their virginity on prom night. It's an average but just fine setup for a comedy. It has some elements of what is wrong with modern comedy, but it also has plenty of what is right. One thing I liked; whereas most of these movies tend to get sappy in the last 20 minutes, this one has moments of sappiness throughout, but it always bounces right back to the humor. It felt more consistent. There are plenty of good characters and I was very entertained.

ONE HOUR PHOTO: (2002)'

Sy Parrish runs a one-hour photo developing lab in a small mall. He's a perfectionist about his work and generous to his regular customers, including a typical family..the Yorkins. Over the years, he's seen the family grow through their photographs and feels an affinity with them. In particular, he has developed an unhealthy attraction to Nina Yorkin. When he finds out that her husband is being unfaithful, coupled with a threat to his job, his already precarious mental state tips him over the edge. Funny man/clown Robin Williams excells in this psycho thriller. Shows yet again he is a flexible and competent dramatic actor..displaying his ability to play the disturbed character as well as any. Other than the rather puzzling last scene I was transfixed by this movie.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

Reckon Aussie George Lazenby got a rough deal with this his only Bond film. He was ok as the master spy.. not in the same class as Sean Connery but more than acceptable.

Reckon Aussie George Lazenby got a rough deal with this his only Bond film. He was ok as the master spy.. not in the same class as Sean Connery but more than acceptable.
He made a great looking Bond!

Night Of The Demons (1988)

This has all the hallmarks of a great 80's camp horror classic.. atmosphere, music, special effects are all spot on.. unfortunately I had the same problem as last time with this, after 30 mins it stalls in any kind story development, there's kids, a spooky old house built on an abandoned funeral home, possession, demons.. it's fun and silly, not much else.. next up.. Night Of The Demons 2..

Was Frauen träumen [What Women Dream] (Géza von Bolváry, 1933)

Gregor steals the goods, Lorre steals the show

Think I might have done this one before...

Grabbers (2012)

B-movie throwback, based on a remote Irish island.

After a meteor comes down, the resident Garda (Police) of the island, a scientist, and a couple fishermen, begin to notice odd creatures living in the caves by the shore.
Hence... a night of adventure

Man this film is funny.
Loads of situational comedy, most of it based around alcohol.
Slapstick in buckets too... when the 3 main characters approach a possibly dead creature they grab whatever weapon they have to hand... a chair, a knife, and a rolled up magazine
Then there's moments of inspiration in shooting, including a creature's POV while the main cast are stamping and kicking it in a panicked state.

A lot of the drunk humour (spoken) is pretty daft too, but in a good way.
*Looks at drunk guy* "How are you still alive?! Have you eaten anything?"
"I had a bag of chips yesterday."

"Right, weapons... what have we got?"
"I have a nailgun, and a board with a nail in it"
"I have a pellet gun"
"What are we going to do with a pellet gun?"
"Shoot pellets........ I don't have any pellets"
*Walks in looking serious* "Super-soaker, shoots 20 feet. It's my Nephew's."
*Group silence*
"Dibs the watergun"

Even though the creatures are kinda generic in looks (squid crossed with a facehugger), they have a few original quirks to make them differ from the other alien monsters out there in movieland... including how they live off blood, need to be wet to survive, and alcohol is deadly to them.
The CGI and practical effects are also decent for a low budget movie. In fact, better than most major Hollywood movies of late to be totally honest.

Would probably be a borderline entry to my Isolation Horror thread as well.