@people who didn't love la la land - have you ever been in love?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'd better warn Mr Dani.

Come to think of it, he refused to even watch this movie because he cant stand musicals so I think he's going in the pizza oven on friday night.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
To answer your question, today, I've been romantically involved with someone for almost a year now, a person I love very much and will hopefully be living with by the end of this year. Still, I don't think La La Land is not a great film.

Make no mistake about it, La La Land is beautifully shot, comprised of decent performances, but it also had a generic premise and I didn't find the music to be all that great or memorable. It was a solid film, but I don't share the sentiment of a lot of others, it isn't because I'll ill-equipped to enjoy it, I just simply didn't love it.

Oh, and for the person that said "people who don't like it, just don't like musicals!"

If someone doesn't like something, that doesn't give you the right to put them in a box for it. This method of thinking is overly simplified and narrow-minded. "Everyone that doesn't like Star Wars, just doesn't like science-fiction!"

I dont think Gideon was putting anyone in a box.

I'm watching this with my wife tonight. So I guess if she doesn't like it, I'm going to throw her down the stairs for lying to me all these years.

I'm watching this with my wife tonight. So I guess if she doesn't like it, I'm going to throw her down the stairs for lying to me all these years.
Laughed so hard I snorted tea out my nose.

The OP is making the assumption that anyone who doesnt love this movie has not loved. That's rather quirky.
lmao, that's not what i'm trying to say. Hence the "If you have but the love story still didn't resonate, why do you think it didn't?" Sounds like you didn't like Ryan Gosling. My best friend thought he was douchey at the beginning.

lmao, that's not what i'm trying to say. Hence the "If you have but the love story still didn't resonate, why do you think it didn't?" Sounds like you didn't like Ryan Gosling. My best friend thought he was douchey at the beginning.
I love Gosling. And I love the chemistry those two have. You seem to think I dont like the movie simply because I didnt love it the way you do.

I love Gosling. And I love the chemistry those two have. You seem to think I dont like the movie simply because I didnt love it the way you do.
I think it's probably the most endearing love story I've ever witnessed. If someone didn't like it, I'm wondering if it's because they didn't relate to the love story. If x person been in love, what is it about this love story that they didn't get into.

I think it's probably the most endearing love story I've ever witnessed. If someone didn't like it, I'm wondering if it's because they didn't relate to the love story. If x person been in love, what is it about this love story that they didn't get into.
There are a lot of reasons people may not love it the way you do. Most importantly is freedom of taste. Why you assume they cant ever have experienced love if they dont love it I find quite strange.

Were you on imdb? I find you quite familiar. Nothing wrong with that. I quite liked that guy and miss him a bit.

Oh, and for the person that said "people who don't like it, just don't like musicals!"
Which is pretty hilarious when some of the films biggest detractors are big Jacques Demy and Classic Hollywood Musical fans who i've read call it things like a cheap, soulless imitation of those films. Not saying that's correct or anything it's just that Gideon does that sort of thing all the time and it is really silly.

Yes i've been in love and am in love. I don't like La La Land though outside the visuals. I don't feel any great chemistry between Gosling and Stone; i think both are pretty good but independent of any connection to each other.
WARNING: "La La Land, Before Midnight and 500 Days of Summer" spoilers below
The relationship not working out did nothing for me. An example of something that did work for me on that level is Before Midnight: the turmoil Jesse and Celine went through devastated me and they didn't even break up, i didn't even ever think they were going to break up but i'd been completely sucked into their relationship that it still affected me. Honestly 500 Days of Summer that i didn't even like that much worked for me more that way.
Glad you got this out of it and many others did but i don't see it.

There are a lot of reasons people may not love it the way you do. Most importantly is freedom of taste. Why you assume they cant ever have experienced love if they dont love it I find quite strange.

Were you on imdb? I find you quite familiar. Nothing wrong with that. I quite liked that guy and miss him a bit.
Do you quite like me and miss me when I don't post?

No, but I've been posting on an NBA forum over at IGN for like ten years. Have 30k posts over there.

Do you quite like me and miss me when I don't post? .
I cannot deny. Your avatar is sweet.

Just finished watching it for the fourth time. Probably the most beautiful movie I've ever seen, it keeps crawling up my all time list. I've watched wayyyy too many movies, but none of them have moved me the way this one did. I see people harp over Ryan Gosling's singing not being perfectly in tune, or whatever else, but I feel like that misses the point of the movie. So I was wondering. Did those of you who didn't care for it not relate to the emotion of the film? Do you feel like you've ever had something passionate/pure/deep? If you have but the love story still didn't resonate, why do you think it didn't?
I've never been in love and I haven't seen La La Land – I'm really behind .

Moonlight was also a masterpiece.
So going by your OP, you must be gay? That's cool.

I liked Moonlight with one issue, and I'm happy for the cast and crew it won. I'm also happy LLL got so many nominations.