Iron Man 2

Tools    

In the Beginning...
I'm still not sold on Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow. I can't help but think she's in the film only because of how infatuated the whole world seems to be with her. She's not right for this.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm iffy on the inclusion of Black Widow in general. I don't want there to be too many characters for this film, that's what lead to the destruction of Batman.

Suspect's Reviews

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm iffy on the inclusion of Black Widow in general. I don't want there to be too many characters for this film, that's what lead to the destruction of Batman.
I'm guessing that Black Widow's involvement will be minimal, at best. I don't see there being a big need for her in this movie. However, I could be wrong. I have a few problems with the character choices, but they're not big enough to damper my excitement.

The trailer is just awesome. If I could watch it at work, I would.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
There was a portion of leaked footage on you tube a while back of Tony in a Court room / Senate meeting. I believe he swears at the Judge or jury or if it was the senate meeting, the main dude thats talking. Then the senator insults Tony or something of the sort, cant remember which. Following that, I came across the footage with Whiplash after Tony crashes a Vehicle if i remember right. It cuts off before anything major though.

The court room scene is hilarious, Tony's sarcastic attitude really shows in it. The movie looms promising, from only, those two scenes. (Plus all the data / clippings collected by you guys!)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If i could give myself positive rep for all the Iron Man 2 info, posters, pictures and etc for the past 2 weeks or so.....than I would
.... I'll be sure and compliment the guys on the other sites for their content.

not sure if someone posted this already (didnt find it on the thread) but here the new ironman 2 trailer -

http://www.stuffbox.com/Media_Critic...+Release/1020/

not sure if someone posted this already (didnt find it on the thread) but here the new ironman 2 trailer -

http://www.stuffbox.com/Media_Critic...+Release/1020/
Yes.. I posted the trailer here. Also I posted screenshots from the trailer here, Iron Man 2 trailer secrets here and Iron Man posters here, here and here.

You could try scrolling down the page. The trailer is right there.

Seems most of the trailer is comprised of footage leaked from comicon months ago, kind of spoils it.

...uh the post is up there...

Is Black Widow a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent in Iron Man 2?

While the title of this post is certainly no surprise to fans who know anything about the character of Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), what we weren’t sure on is whether or not she’d be a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Iron Man 2 specifically.

From the latest trailer for Iron Man 2, there is a hint that we’ll be seeing Scarlett Johansson’s Russian super spy join the side of good and work for Nick Fury and The Avengers during the story of this movie.

Warning: If you’re not familiar with the history of Black Widow from Marvel Comics, some of this may act as a plot spoiler for Iron Man 2.

In the books, Natasha Romanoff is initially an enemy of Iron Man (her first mission in the US involved her assassinating him) but defects to the United States from the Soviet Union. She starts with freelance work for S.H.I.E.L.D., the organization introduced in the first Iron Man movie and led by Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character. Eventually, she becomes a full-fledged agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and works alongside The Avengers.

On the movie side of things, we’re led to believe it will happen in a similar way and from what Marvel President of Production, Kevin Feige, mentioned about possible characters in The Avengers back in July, Black Widow will no doubt have an appearance in that movie among others that are coming out from Marvel Studios.

“I think we know. I think it’s going to be Iron Man and Thor, Captain America and Nick Fury. I think it’s safe to assume that there will be some members of the Hulk universe in the film as well. In terms of the additional I thinkBlack Widow, sure. The SHIELD organization for sure. What’s exciting, for me, about The Avengers movie is seeing those four characters interact with each other. I think anywhere from the first issues of The Avengers to Civil War the dynamic between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark is just awesome, it’s fascinating. It brings out sides in others that won’t be brought out in the other franchises. Going forward with the mix is a whole other thing, I think it will be cool. So to pile on another 15 or 10, frankly more than four would be too many.”
After all, Mrs. Reynolds has a multi-picture contract with Marvel Studios and is interested in doing many more movies, even a solo spin-off if it ever came to be (although it won’t). Check out the future of Black Widow for more on that.

Getting back to the character, Black Widow’s history and stories in the books directly involve the Crimson Dynamo armor, something we’ve heard a lot of speculation about in regards to Iron Man 2 as well as the character of Hawkeye, who has also been rumored about for a long time, more recently with Jeremy Renner as a potential candidate to play the character.

If the what what we see in the following image is actually what we think it is, then the defection of Black Widow to join Fury and the beginnings of the large and powerful S.H.I.E.L.D. organization as we know it from the Marvel Universe are coming to fruition in Iron Man 2, leading nicely into the upcoming Marvel movies.

Note that the emblem on her arm was not present in the previous images we saw, as seen in the header at the top of this article. I guess they just throw on a patch when she signs up and she keeps the tight leather outfit.

Will Scarlett Johansson bring a good Russian accent for the character? Will we see a cameo or hint of Hawkeye? Will the Crimson Dynamo armor be featured in the movie as an upgrade for Mickey Rourke’s Whiplash suit?

Iron Man 2 opens on May 7, 2010.

Image from Splashpage

Source: Screenrant

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I think Iron Man 2 would be a big hit this year.. Iron Man has a lot of fanatics who anticipated to see the sequel of the movie.. I will watch this movie this year..

I'm hoping for the best from Scarlett but I am pretty hesitant, I think the accent really could mess it up. Don't get me wrong though, hope she nails it. I enjoyed the first one and I'm really looking forward to this.

Love Rourke though, he doesn't look exactly like what we saw in the comics, but I think he looks like a great villian.

-Hattori Hanzo

Robert Downey Jr. & Mickey Rourke are two of my all time favorite actors. I am very happy to see both of these guys making "big" films again.

This looks great (for the material) - might not go see it in the theatre, but I will buy it on DVD.

Those who liked First part will definitely go to watch Iron man 2. I am interested to watch if something extraordinary 'Jon Favreau" can give us.

Iron Man 2 Confirmed for IMAX

Paramount Pictures has put out a press release confirming earlier rumors that Iron Man 2 will be showing in IMAX! Well… sort of.

You remember way back to fall of 2008, the original rumor was that Iron Man 2 would be filmed in IMAX 3D, a la James Cameron’s Avatar. This rumor was later put to rest when director Jon Favreau let us know that the tight production schedule (and no doubt the cost) of Iron Man 2 prevented them from going the 3D IMAX route – although that visual feast was being reserved for Iron Man 3.

So what’s this press release that’s come along? Basically it’s announcing that Iron Man 2 will be converted into IMAX so that you can see every detail of that glorious superhero tech action once it has been stretched to fit the ginormous IMAX screen (a la Star Trek).

Here’s a bit of the official press notes on the matter:

Paramount Pictures today announced that the highly-anticipated action-adventure Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau and starring Robert Downey, Jr., will be released to digital IMAX® theaters simultaneously with the film’s worldwide release on May 7, 2010. The film’s limited IMAX release will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with IMAX DMR® technology.

“The success of the first Iron Man movie catapulted the franchise from the comic books to theatre screens, and we’re excited that the IMAX format will offer fans an even more immersive way to experience the sequel,” said Tim Connors, Chief Operating Officer, Marvel Studios.

“Iron Man 2 is a fantastic addition to our growing film slate for 2010, which is filling out faster than any previous year,” said IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond. “The rollout of our digital projection system has enabled us to add more films to the slate, and we’re very excited to partner with Marvel and Paramount on this next installment of the incredibleIron Man franchise.”

“We’re thrilled to once again be working with Paramount and our long time friends at Marvel Entertainment as we help to bring their characters to life in IMAX,” said Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “The combination of Marvel’s iconicIron Man story, Jon Favreau’s brilliant vision and Paramount Pictures’ talented team coupled with IMAX will make for a wild cinematic experience.”

Hopefully Iron Man 3 will arrive in true (3D) IMAX when its time comes. For now, catch Iron Man 2 in theaters and IMAX on May 7, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

New Whiplash Iron Man 2 Photos

Marvel Studios just released new photos featuring Whiplash and Iron Man in the upcoming film “Iron Man 2″ by director Jon Favreau (Iron Man) and starring Robert Downey, Jr. (Sherlock Holmes), Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.

Source: ShockYa