Warcraft

Tools    

Directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code), a movie based on the popular game of the same title will be released by Universal June 10th, 2016.

It will follow Anduin Lothar facing off against Durotan, the two human and orc heroes from the original real-time strategy games, before World of Warcraft was even created. The film will largely focus on the Eastern Kingdoms of Azeroth.

It is written by Charles Leavitt, rewritten by Duncan Jones and produced by Charles Roven, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Alex Gartner. World of Warcraft stars Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Toby Kebbell, Rob Kazinsky, Dominic Cooper, Daniel Wu and Clancy Brown.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Isn't movie named just Warcraft? Never mind. I hope this movie goes well, not only for its sake, but for the sequels and eventual appearing of Arthas and Lich King.

Looks and feels like The Hobbit. I don't like The Hobbit.

I'm not a WoW fan or even a regular gamer either, but I looked forward to this. Still do I guess, we'll see what the full length trailer brings...

Not at all a fan of World of Warcraft, but I love his previous work. Need to see a full length trailer.
It's not a WoW movie, it focuses on original series, why people use name World of Warcraft for the movies is beyond me.

I was a WoW player for over 5 years (2006-2011) and I'm actually playing it some again so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm super stoked that Travis Fimmel is in it, I'm a huge fan of the TV show Vikings. Can't wait to see the full trailer!!!

Also yeah it is just called "Warcraft" not "World of Warcraft" and is based more on the original Warcraft series.

It's not a WoW movie, it focuses on original series, why people use name World of Warcraft for the movies is beyond me.
It's based on the Warcraft universe. Everything takes place in the same world but varies its characters.

I use it because that's the most commonly recognized series of the franchise. I should've said that I wasn't a fan of the Warcraft series as a whole instead of just singling out WoW.

It's based on the Warcraft universe. Everything takes place in the same world but varies its characters.

I use it because that's the most commonly recognized series of the franchise. I should've said that I wasn't a fan of the Warcraft series as a whole instead of just singling out WoW.
Name of the movie is not WOW is Warcraft. Also, Warcraft III is huuuuuge in Korea.

Hence they need to edit the thread.

Before I even saw it I knew it was gonna have a Hobbit vibe, pretty much because of the CG orcs. It's actually more understandable for Warcraft because that is how the orcs look, very big and green. It's pretty cool how the orcs look pretty much exactly like how they do in the WoW game cinematics.

Anyways, very cool trailer! Fimmel looked awesome, it's gonna be weird not seeing him as Ragnar though. I also really hope that a Tauren is in the movie; a Tauren Druid—along with a Human Paladin—were my two mains back when I played WoW.

I saw Ner'Zhul in there...Ner'Zhul... I won't say more as it would be a spoiler but he will finally lead up to this.

Death to the orcs, death to the humans! Frostmourne Hungers! The hype is real xDDD

This will bomb hard if the budget is as high as it looks. Video game movies never do well. It comes out the same week as The Conjuring 2, a sequel to a movie that opened at over $40M and everybody loved, which will do more than the original and goes for the same target audience of young/middle age males. I hope it's good for the sake of getting good video game movies into the world, but it will probably open at about $40M and finish domestic with $100M. If it keeps the cost down, it might survive, but this looks like every single shot will have a CGI effect in it. To me, the trailer looks like a generic fantasy fight with the novel idea that maybe we aren't supposed to root for the humans.

Yeah, I definitely can't see this bombing either. The Warcraft series is one of the biggest gaming franchises of all time - if not the biggest.

And on top of that, I could imagine people who miss Tolkiens universe, and with The Hobbit still fresh in mind, will also go see this.

So despite the possible poor critic reception or that the final result may turn out to be a failure, there will still be plenty of people going in to see this no matter what - and it will earn a lot of money, too, no matter what...