Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It's certainly nothing like Donnie Darko as various places mention(unless they meant tone/atmosphere, it shares some of it), so that was slightly disappointing but still an interesting watch.

Trailer:

Blow Out (Brian De Palma, 1981)

Sound enough political thriller

It's certainly nothing like Donnie Darko as various places mention(unless they meant tone/atmosphere, it shares some of it), so that was slightly disappointing but still an interesting watch.

Trailer:

I watched that already and it was just an ok film

Ripley's Game (2002)

I watched this because it's on Ebert's great movies list and it's directed by a woman. It's the 4th Ripley movie I've seen after Purple Noon, The American Friend, and The Talented Mr. Ripley. I think they're all quite good. John Malkovich is awesome as Ripley and I always like watching Ray Winstone. This was a very good thriller. The only problem is that I know it won't stay with me.

The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

Good call on the popcorns Fabulous, I have a soft spot for this film. An Irwin Allen "MAN VS NATURE" flik but I think with a real heart.

Sicario (2015) -

Didn't do much for me even on a second watch, despite the talent of the cast and crew.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Sicario (2015) -

Didn't do much for me even on a second watch, despite the talent of the cast and crew.
are you seeing the sequel?

Seeing as Villeneuve and Deakins aren't involved I'm probably gonna pass on it
not interested in Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro?

I will probably see it

This might just do nobody any good.
Taylor Sheridan, the writer, is onboard for the sequel. I’d say he’s as much a draw as Denis or Roger.

I’m not sure how you follow it up. I mean, I see how they’d go on about it but I’ve compared it to a ticking time bomb. It went off in the first film. Unleashing Alejandro.

Sicario (2015) -

Great cast and it worked for me, I didn't think it tried to profess owt that it wasn't?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Great cast and it worked for me, I didn't think it tried to profess owt that it wasn't?
Yeah I really enjoyed it and will be watching the sequel.

This might just do nobody any good.
I was lukewarm on the first movie upon first viewing as well but this article help shift my reaction...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/11/...pe-in-abstract

Sicario (2015) -

I didn't love it like I wanted to either. The trailer for the sequel looks awful. Couldn't appear more trite. I hope I am wrong.