Hi there and welcome to MoFo....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and Welcome

Certifiably troglodytic.
Thank you all for the hearty welcome!

Cool. Welcome to MoFo.

So tell us, what kinda movies are you into? And what are your favourites?
Primarily, I love a smart sci-fi with knock-out efx, of course....especially ones that develop human AND not-so-human characters well at the same time. Signs was a great work in my book and was even a decent treatment of the theological problem of good/evil and God's providence, if you're into that stuff. I can also make a decent case for War of the Worlds (both Pal's version and Spielberg's).

I'll expound a bit more later....off to work now. Thanks for asking.

Continuing (I'm posting from my phone).....I also get into disaster flicks with attention to technical detail....I also like movies that deal with faith/images of God.....I like some musicals (Guys and Dolls, Fantasticks, Showboat, My Fair Lady cuz I've been in some....I also like the old 50's atomic-age-giant-irradiated insect genre (like Them).....I'm into Toho Godzilla stuff and the occasional smart supernatural thrillers...I'm kind of a closet romantic so I'll spring for a few good love stories too

Signs is great. And you sound like you have a very varied taste in movies, which is also great.

Stick around, Tatanka, you'll fit right in.

p.s. when I first saw your username, I was reminded of this guy...

Certifiably troglodytic.
Signs is great. And you sound like you have a very varied taste in movies, which is also great.

Stick around, Tatanka, you'll fit right in.

Thanks Sinny. I had no idea there was a Tatanka in WWF. That is so freekin' funny. I love the turquoise juxtaposed to the red hair...

When I can post links, I'll show you the real inspiration for my nick.....

...and here, if interested, is the reason:

My wife and I went to Yellowstone and the Black Hills for the first time this summer. It helped to have surfed onto a TBS replay of "Dances With Wolves" the night before we drove out there. I was totally smitten by these guys, even to the point of issuing an edict to my wife, requiring we refer to these beasts as tatanka- there, and forevermore. We got enough practice, given the hundreds we encountered on our campground, on the road (above), etc.