The Cinephile Test

Tools    

Only 6 here

I've seen 21, which makes me a third-rate cinephile. But I knew that. There's a few that are my immediate watchlist, and a few more that I have a copy of but no real intention of watching in the near future. Of those 21 I liked or loved all except L'Avventura, which I can't stand.

Just here for the free donuts
4/150. Just judging off the posters for many of them, I would definitely like to see many more!

Just here for the free donuts
Maybe I need to watch Inland Empire again because the first time around, years ago, I found it boring and unwatchable. It was surprising because I usually love David Lynch.

About 40. Stopped counting after a while. One of the worst movies ever made is in there, Faces. Many great ones, like Tarvkosky's and Ozu's and some great Russian animation there as well, Petrov and Norstein.

That list kicked my ass. I've seen 106. I'm guessing Minio and maybe a few others have seen more.
How many of my top 100 animated films have you seen?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
70ish for me (maybe more?), I didn't feel like counting them all. My favorites among them being the Ozu films, A City of Sadness, Les Vampires, Celine and Julie, Stalker, and Limelight, among others. It's a pretty good list of movies, a lot to like. I highly recommend The Scarlet Empress to anyone who liked my nomination for the 4th Hall of Fame (as well as to people in general)

There's quite a lot of films I've not heard of too, but I've seen 53. Funny it's supposed to be a list of the more obscure films yet it had Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now on there.
It's supposed to be a cinephile list, none of the films there are obscure they are just not English language movies for the most part but enjoy the same status among film buffs as movies like Taxi Driver.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It's not a list of obscure films but there are some obscure ones on there. Greed is one of the most obscure films ever made!

That one has only 9000 on mal, some have as low as a 100 on mal and on mal there are series with 450,000 ratings, compared to 1 million ratings for the most popular movies on the IMDB.

I know some very obscure Brazilian shorts but they are not good.

My animation list is on there now:

http://letterboxd.com/guaporense/lis...ion-buff-test/

Unless I miscounted, these are the 22 I've seen (ranked and rated from favorite to least favorite):

Apocalypse Now

Taxi Driver

Solaris

Greed

Persona

High and Low

Stalker

In a Lonely Place

Eyes Wide Shut

The 400 Blows

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul

Pandora's Box

Synecdoche, New York

Suspiria

Deep End

A Woman Under the Influence

Man With a Movie Camera

Alphaville

L'Atalante

Inland Empire

Faces

Husbands

Movie I most want to see that I haven't seen: Beware of a Holy Whore, solely based on the title.