I feel I owe an apology to this board

Tools    

Why is everything about Miss Vicky??? Miss Vicky didn't threaten to leave the forum today. She's doing alright. I'm the one nobody wants to take seriously. What is this?!
You're harder to defend against people who can't see you in the proper context.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I like it but it's not the right colour palette
dteam apology aside, I think the right color palette is what you choose next, and I for one would like to see it.
You're fun joel

You're harder to defend against people who can't see you in the proper context.
I'm like a blind person and Miss Vicky is my seeing eye dog.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
[quote=Cobpyth;1677163]
FACT 1: Miss Vicky did not know she was still on the OP's ignore list after he created this thread, as it gives the impression of also potentially being directed at her. The OP clearly mentions that there were conflicts due to misunderstandings and that he had needlessly put up his guard at times. The conflict she had with him could have categorized under any of those explanations. It was perfectly logical of Miss Vicky to think that the OP may have removed her from his ignore list. There was absolutely no way for her to know.
Miss Vicky knows she is on his Ignore List since he put her there.
FACT 2: Miss Vicky asked a direct question to verify whether or not she was still on the OP's ignore list, as she could not have had any idea whether the OP had directed this apology towards her as well.
She herself said if she were to send him a PM she wouldn't be able to. Which further proves she knows she is in his List.
FACT 3: You started assuming that Miss Vicky's intentions were bad, while people who've known her for years told you repeatedly that they weren't.
I know they are. They are there since the first time they have had a diatribe. Furthermore there were also 2 other attempts at this same thread on the first page. It's the typical group mentality.

But if you want to use your knowing her I can easily say I know Dteam better than anyone else. It's pretty irrelevant to the point.

These are three facts that aren't refutable and they lead to a different conclusion than the one you are making.
And as it is, I just refuted them.

I've tried to stay out of this, but it's has gotten way out of hand and my words and intentions are being twisted and misinterpreted and it needs to stop.

Yes, I knew that I had been put on dteam's ignore list. He and OdumC made it ABUNDANTLY clear that they didn't like me and that they had me on ignore (see the IMDb Assimilation thread, among others).

However, I was hoping that dteam's apology meant that he was actually willing to put aside differences, leave his IMDb baggage at the door, and try to move forward with the MoFo community as a whole - and, like it or not, I'm part of that community. I was also not the only person who questioned this possibility (see Omnizoa's post), just the only person to ask the question directly.

My intent in asking the question was merely to get clarification about dteam's plan for his future here. That's it. But @Little Devil insisted that my intentions were more to instigate and rile people up. I stated that was not my intent and I also asked LD to stop interjecting. He ignored that request and continued to accuse me of trying to cause a problem - and in doing so accused me of lying about my intentions.

dteam can keep me on his ignore list. He has that right. If he's unwilling to attempt to make amends and go forward amicably, that's his right too. But it's also my right to state my opinion that an apology without any attempt to reconcile with those he's had disagreements with in the past is an empty one because nothing can change if he's not willing to make changes himself.

You're completely wrong dude.

Even if you were right, you're not the thread police and you shouldn't have gotten involved the way you did. That's not just you but anyone.

[quote=cricket;1677167]
Because that's what she said and there's no reason not to believe her.
I could use the irony about needing the proof of willingness [actions, words and all that]. But she also presented the faux dilemma; which is sufficient.

This is a friendly place and disagreements should be on film related subjects, not over harmless questions, especially when they don't concern us, and they should never cause this much drama.
I agree in all fronts. Except the question wasn't harmless at all and if you feel inclined to make someone else's defense you can't expect others not to abide by the same principle [though, as I said, I'm not defending Dteam].

Hey new Avatar. I might change mine
Yeah, I make it a habit to change mine every couple weeks or so.

I've tried to stay out of this, but it's has gotten way out of hand and my words and intentions are being twisted and misinterpreted and it needs to stop.

Yes, I knew that I had been put on dteam's ignore list. He and OdumC made it ABUNDANTLY clear that they didn't like me and that they had me on ignore (see the IMDb Assimilation thread, among others).

However, I was hoping that dteam's apology meant that he was actually willing to put aside differences, leave his IMDb baggage at the door, and try to move forward with the MoFo community as a whole - and, like it or not, I'm part of that community. I was also not the only person who questioned this possibility (see Omnizoa's post), just the only person to ask the question directly.

My intent in asking the question was merely to get clarification about dteam's plan for his future here. That's it. But @Little Devil insisted that my intentions were more to instigate and rile people up. I stated that was not my intent and I also asked LD to stop interjecting. He ignored that request and continued to accuse me of trying to cause a problem - and in doing so accused me of lying about my intentions.

dteam can keep me on his ignore list. He has that right. If he's unwilling to attempt to make amends and go forward amicably, that's his right too. But it's also my right to state my opinion that an apology without any attempt to reconcile with those he's had disagreements with in the past is an empty one because nothing can change if he's not willing to make changes himself.
Thank you for your honesty about you knowing you were on his Ignore List and for re-iforcing what I said about Omnizoa [although not quoting him directly; after all it's the second time the dude does the same thing]

This is all I needed.

Yeah, I make it a habit to change mine every couple weeks or so.
Do you ever switch to a Luigi avatar?

Or is Luigi on your ignore list?

What about Toad?

You're completely wrong dude.

Even if you were right, you're not the thread police and you shouldn't have gotten involved the way you did. That's not just you but anyone.
"pot meat kettle" case, and I agree.

I'm just glad you are sticking around @dteam6.

I'm just glad you are sticking around @dteam6.
Thanks! So am I!

Miss Vicky knows she is on his Ignore List since he put her there.
The context changed after this unclear apology thread, as has been stated many times. If you don't acknowledge this, then I must conclude that you're being willfully blind to this obvious change of context.

She herself said if she were to send him a PM she wouldn't be able to. Which further proves she knows she is in his List.
That was a hypothetical statement. He would not have received her PM IF she was still on his ignore list. This has been painfully clear for a while. Again, if you're unwilling to acknowledge this, I must conclude for myself that you're being willfully biased.

I know they are. They are there since the first time they have had a diatribe. Furthermore there were also 2 other attempts at this same thread on the first page. It's the typical group mentality.
You cannot possibly know someone's intentions unless you are a mind reader. You can simply conclude what someone's intentions were based on evidence. We're offering you the evidence which demonstrates that her intentions are not what you think they are, but you seem to be unwilling to accept it. I regret this.

But if you want to use your knowing her I can easily say I know Dteam better than anyone else. It's pretty irrelevant to the point.
No, it's not. We're exclusively talking about Miss Vicky's intentions here. The OP's intentions have long been established and we have had the decency not to question them, because we don't like to judge people before we get to know them. It's regretful that this decency was not shown towards Miss Vicky in this thread.

And as it is, I just refuted them.
You most certainly did not. The facts remain.

Again, I don't want this to become a debate based on wits. I simply want you to realize that you started a conflict that didn't need to be there. That's all.

In order to make things faster and easier, I will therefore simply ask you the following question:

Do you believe that there is any possibility that you may have been wrong about Miss Vicky's intentions?

Your answer to this question will make things much clearer for me and will prevent us from further unnecessary debate.

If the answer is "no", then there's no point in debating any longer.

If the answer is "yes", then I'm glad that you recognize this possibility and I propose that we leave it on that high note.