Treme

Tools    

It's Davis (Steve Zahn) in this that's annoying, but saying that he's passionate about his city and music so he can't be all bad. He's irritating but he's kinda puppydog too!

Gol - you have to like the music. When I first started watching this I thought I'm not that keen on jazz, but it's an eyeopener as far as jazz goes - there's funk, soul, trad, folk, cajun, loads and loads of styles of music and not just little snippets either.
Also you have Wendell Pierce, Clarke Peters, Melissa Leo and John Goodman
Aw, man, Davis is one of my favorites ("I taught him everything he knows. About Keynesian economics"). LaDonna and Antoine are the other two.

Annie's the one person I really couldn't stand by the end.

I agree about the music. That's and probably why the fourth season is so easily my least favorite. As important as it is - and as thoroughly as it was set up (and as much as I like David Morse), I was actually a little disappointed at the focus on police corruption in the second half of the show. On the other hand, there was so much fascinating stuff I would have liked to see expanded (to take one example, the awesome Marid Gras Indian culture), maybe I would have complained no matter what they ended up choosing. Or maybe it just ended too soon. Season 4 felt like a synopsis (especially in the last episode).

Hah, just on Ep3 right now

Season 3 kinda ran out of steam for us, but stumbling on it tonight on catchup and dropping back into this world has been great

*EDIT* And talking of time flying, can't believe it's 10 years since Katrina. (Would love to know how Caity's doing too!)
I'd love to hear how Caity is too and lovely to hear from you too Gol. You're not around much now, hope all is going well

Aw, man, Davis is one of my favorites ("I taught him everything he knows. About Keynesian economics"). LaDonna and Antoine are the other two.

Annie's the one person I really couldn't stand by the end.

I agree about the music. That's and probably why the fourth season is so easily my least favorite. As important as it is - and as thoroughly as it was set up (and as much as I like David Morse), I was actually a little disappointed at the focus on police corruption in the second half of the show. On the other hand, there was so much fascinating stuff I would have liked to see expanded (to take one example, the awesome Marid Gras Indian culture), maybe I would have complained no matter what they ended up choosing. Or maybe it just ended too soon. Season 4 felt like a synopsis (especially in the last episode).
Lines - I did grow to like Davis. His enthusiasm and love of New Orleans and the music was infectious in the end. He's still puppydogish tho!
I too felt that the show somewhat shoehorned in the police corruption storyline, it wasn't developed enough, and neither was all the building planning storyline. I guess there was just too much to fit into a show that gave so much of its time over to the music - but I ain't complaining about that!
The Indian culture was brilliant. Something I knew nothing about, in fact I didn't know much about Mardi Gras at all, but feel like at least I'd know what was going on if I ever make it there and I hope to one day.
Antoine was such a great character, and LaDonna too and I liked Albert the Big Chief - I loved his fierce commitment to his role as Chief.
I agree with you about Annie - why on earth did they make her such a whiner in this last series? If she didn't really want her music messed about with she should've stayed in New Orleans. Seems to me you can't go to Nashville and not expect to be Countryfied! Loved her fiddle music tho .
Gonna miss Antoine and his 'bone and seeing all those great real musicians.