The Veg*nism Thread

Tools    

I sure am glad no meat eaters have gone on a murderous rampage. Can you imagine?
Vegans don't kill people?

Let the night air cool you off
I've heard it many times. Especially when I was a vegetarian. "You're a vegetarian? So you still eat fish, right?"

I run into dumb people, but never anyone that dumb.

I've never heard anyone say that fish aren't animals.
I've heard it for years.

Humans are animals and they have to be enforced to go through sh*t that's probably way worse than anything other animals have to endure.
I will strongly contest that.

Originally Posted by NedStark09
No offense too anyone's diet for todays foods far meats go need monitoring and I dont per say enjoy the killing of animals but my overall opinion is and how we were raised was.
How you were raised is relative. What you think is a healthy diet in your country is totally different in another.

You never know what one may have too eat too survive.
Let's not dance around the infamous desert island scenario and actually ask it.

Some poor people diet is what they can buy and feed the family.
The claim that meat is cheaper than the plants that are used to produce it is a complete myth.

I think omnivour is best way to live and eat because you can eat meat but it can be fish and turkey or chicken.
It can be tooth-rotting soda too, but if you WANT the salmonella...

I think everyone needs protein and a balanced diet.
Balanced insofar as the food pyramid has deceptively lead us to believe.

I know allot about Vegan eating
If that were true you wouldn't have mentioned protein.

and my feeling is that one day some vegan will want meat craving so badly he snaps and goes on a murder rampage.
*bursts out laughing* Damn... he's onto me.

I sure am glad no meat eaters have gone on a murderous rampage. Can you imagine?
Last I was aware a mans diet did not change the fact people go in all branches of military service and are learned too kill. But also if a person eats meat and decided s hey i want to be a vegan and eat special pancakes because now milk and egg pancakes are bad things. Why does a person need vegan Dairy diet stuff for. Just because it comes from a cow does not make it bad for you . I dont think a Serloin steak and pancakes should be in the same bad diet eating club.

I run into dumb people, but never anyone that dumb.
It was pretty common for people who considered themselves vegetarians to still eat fish. I agree it doesn't make sense but it doesn't surprise me people would ask about it because it wasn't uncommon. Omni even hinted at it with his definitions in the first post.

Last I was aware a mans diet did not change the fact people go in all branches of military service and are learned too kill.
Dude, what?

Why does a person need vegan Dairy diet stuff for. Just because it comes from a cow does not make it bad for you . I dont think a Serloin steak and pancakes should be in the same bad diet eating club.

Vegans don't kill people?
For a guy with a pretty good sense of humor, you never get my sarcasm. I was responding sarcastically to Ned's post.

Last I was aware a mans diet did not change the fact people go in all branches of military service and are learned too kill. But also if a person eats meat and decided s hey i want to be a vegan and eat special pancakes because now milk and egg pancakes are bad things. Why does a person need vegan Dairy diet stuff for. Just because it comes from a cow does not make it bad for you . I dont think a Serloin steak and pancakes should be in the same bad diet eating club.
You said you knew a lot about the vegan diet. But this answer... bruh... I don't think you can come further away from knowing anything about veganism or just any diet for that matter.

The more you reply, the more ridiculous you seem to become. I seriously don't know if you are an advanced troll or just an advanced type of stupid.

I've heard it for years.

How you were raised is relative. What you think is a healthy diet in your country is totally different in another.

Let's not dance around the infamous desert island scenario and actually ask it.

The claim that meat is cheaper than the plants that are used to produce it is a complete myth.

It can be tooth-rotting soda too, but if you WANT the salmonella...

Balanced insofar as the food pyramid has deceptively lead us to believe.

If that were true you wouldn't have mentioned protein.

*bursts out laughing* Damn... he's onto me.
Why even make a veggie burger if your are not craving a real burger anyways. Seems like if i were to swear off bad meat that i would avoid a food with the word burger in it.

Originally Posted by Omnizoa
Dogs and cats just have to lay around all day. They don't have to go to school. They don't have to go to work. They don't have to make money and buy food and buy clothes, drive, waste time on Movie Forums, etc.

Humans have it better than animals? In some ways, maybe. In a bigger sense, I don't think they do. Animals can always be animals, but humans have always gotta act a certain way, or else they're treated like animals.

See a stray dog outside? Someone takes it in and gives it food and a bed. See a homeless person outside? Someone bolts the doors.

I love animals and I eat meat every day. I don't know what that means but that's all I've got.
Seconded.

Still none of this to me points to the keeping of pets as being inherently immoral. It's immoral to disregard the physical and mental well being of a pet. It's immoral to regard them as disposable, but I don't think simply keeping an animal as a pet is automatically immoral as some vegans believe it to be.
Despite niggles, naturally including spaying/neutering, I think we're in agreement. "Pet" just has pejorative connotations to me.

*snort*

I've heard it many times. Especially when I was a vegetarian. "You're a vegetarian? So you still eat fish, right?"

It is always a facepalm moment.

Why does a person need vegan Dairy diet stuff for. Just because it comes from a cow does not make it bad for you .
Insofar as morality is concerned, no that doesn't make it bad for you.

Insofar as HEALTH is concerned, enjoy your pus milk.

You pat yourself on the back for bringing in a wounded little bird.

Go outside and bring in a homeless man. Give him a bed, give him food, take pictures of him, etc. Put it in that "Brought Somebody Home" thread of yours. That'll be interesting. That'll really be something.

Insofar as morality is concerned, no that doesn't make it bad for you.
I'd say that's debatable, depending on where your dairy is coming from. Same goes for eggs.

Why even make a veggie burger if your are not craving a real burger anyways. Seems like if i were to swear off bad meat that i would avoid a food with the word burger in it.
You'll have to distinguish what "bad meat" means, but I'm not sure you can.

Dogs and cats just have to lay around all day. They don't have to go to school. They don't have to go to work. They don't have to make money and buy food and buy clothes, drive, waste time on Movie Forums, etc.

Humans have it better than animals? In some ways, maybe. In a bigger sense, I don't think they do. Animals can always be animals, but humans have always gotta act a certain way, or else they're treated like animals.

See a stray dog outside? Someone takes it in and gives it food and a bed. See a homeless person outside? Someone bolts the doors.
Please watch the first video I posted and reconsider.

I don't consider myself the "master" of my cat, and don't consider him my "property".
Let's be honest here: cats are usually the masters. You don't train a pet cat, a cat trains you to be its slave.

Full Disclosure: I love cats more than I love my family.