Top 10 List Of Your Most Hated Movie Goers

Tools    

Wow, i've got to be honest and say that I have never really had horrible experience with these hated Movie Goers before. I dunno why, I guess i'm just really lucky . The text message thing doesn't bother me at all. I barely notice it. That said, I have heard some ridiculous stories about some of the worst Movie Goers in a film mag once.

There was this one story where a guy was watching Gladiator and had to hear a couple talking Spanish whilst watching it - because one of the couples was translating the WHOLE film to their partner!
I would have switched!

Wow, i've got to be honest and say that I have never really had horrible experience with these hated Movie Goers before. I dunno why, I guess i'm just really lucky . The text message thing doesn't bother me at all. I barely notice it. That said, I have heard some ridiculous stories about some of the worst Movie Goers in a film mag once.

There was this one story where a guy was watching Gladiator and had to hear a couple talking Spanish whilst watching it - because one of the couples was translating the WHOLE film to their partner!
I would have switched!

I would have switched!
Whoever was in front of them, should have pulled a Costanza on their a$$.

Just insert the translating bozos with the noisy hoods in this clip and voilą, perfect picture of how sweeeet it would have been if such an incident happened before our very eyes.

All the Snout...Twice the Ointment.
Mr. or Mrs. "We Can't Afford or Find a Babysitter (Let Alone a Relative) to Watch Our INFANT (Yes, INFANT) So We'll Bring Him/Her to the Movie in His/Her Baby Carrier/Car Seat Thing and Plop it Down On a Theater Seat Beside US"

I saw this happen at "The Simpsons Movie". An infant, two seats down, strapped in a baby-carrier/car seat looking thing. (I don't have kids. I don't know what that thing is called. Looks like a car seat with a big handle to carry it.) I know it took up a seat though. I also know they paid for movie tickets and snacks, so they obviously have enough disposable income for recreation. Yet not enough for a babysitter?

Plus, I heard the baby complaining about how CG animation has rendered hand-drawn cartoons nearly obsolete. Hey, baby! Shut up!

Here's another Hated Movie Goer: the chair-kicker. When I attended a midnight screening of The Warriors at one of my favorite movie theatres, there was a woman in back of me who kept kicking my chair throughout much of the movie. Most of the crowd, including the chair-kicker, was drunk off of their butts, so I got a rather nasty, sneering response from her when I finally turned around and asked her to stop. Nonetheless, she stopped kicking my chair and things went on without a hitch.

Colour out of Time
Hmmm ... guess I maybe guilty of these.

1. Mr. Laugh A. Lot – You’re watching a comedy movie when suddenly out of nowhere someone laughs HAHAHA out loud HAHAHA like there’s no tomorrow!! You shrug the whole thing off as it stops but then, WHAM!! HAHAHA This guy never stops HAHAHA laughing and he doesn’t seem to HAHAHA care, you just silently curse the guy in your head.
It's a comedy and surely the whole point is to laugh and if it is good enough ... with gusto

2. Ol’ Clappers – Here’s a great scene, you’re in the mood, the climax starts up, everyone is intently watching, then you hear It.. CLAP CLAP… WTF??!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!! This guy is so amazed by the scene/climax he decided to clap at the movie!! (You rarely see this guy but he’s out there, waiting for that perfect scene to ruin or CLAP on, in his case)
Yes I am but only at comedies will I during the movie ... I do clap at end sometimes

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
how about Mr. Angry...the guy who feels the need to yell at all of your top 10 most hated movie goers, which only worsens the experience for everyone else!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Totally disagree. I have become Mr. Angry ...
I agree ... I too have had to on occasion become this one ... hey it costs money don't it
on one occassion Kiss Kiss Bang Bang ... the narration starts and so does bimbette to her friend about her latest puppy love ... had to stand up and address the situation in a fierce whisper.
Another occasion Sin City near the beginning young mister cool gets a call on the mobile and proceeds to inform us and his friend that he is currently watching a film and continues with his review of the film ... this time I was a bit louder in my request for him to end the call, even predicted to him that if he didn't, his phone would be inserted into an orifice which would require medical attention to recover.

Another two ... but related are ...

The Great Unwashed and Freshly Bathed in Perfume and Bathroom Product
You're sitting, waiting and eager for a entertaining film experience. But suddenly you are enveloped by a cloud of rancid gym sweaty body odour or equally as bad, over powered by the sickly sweet essence of either floral gardens or alpine forest.

The Little Delinquent Who Refuses To Listen To Their Mother
That little guy who refuses to sit down in his chair properly and be quiet, then screams at his mother/father etc. when told to be a good little boy.

The 'I'm Still On My Couch' Guy
You're sitting in the chair, halfway into the incredible climax of the whole darned thing and this guy, thinking he's on his couch, props his feet on the chair right next to your head.

The Man With A Feast In His Lap
That guy who goes past in the row behind you with 5 bags of popcorn, milk duds, two sodas and nachos for his companion, and once they finally make it to their seat you're forced to listen to their munching and slurping for the entire night ( though this one is rare for me).

The Lavatory Maniac
The guy who sits next to you and pleads 'sorry' every time he forces you to stand and go to the bathroom, every five minutes.

the Comic Book Hero
The one who makes a sound (like 'kapowee' or 'bam') in an action scene when shots are thrown.

The Big Sleeper
I mean, come on...

I, though, have limited encounters with these people, or any others for that matter. And on another note, unless someone is acting extremely intolerant and is utterly lacking in respect for his fellow moviegoers, I try and let it slide. We all come at films our own way (though some just aren't right), and I'm guilty of the chit-chatter category, I should admit. I find, when I'm with a devoted moviegoer like myself, we tend to talk about everything that is going on in the film, and our reactions to things, instead of leaving it to the critics we become later, but most of the time I'm far too engaged to talk the show through.

And a laugh or a 'kapowee' here and there didn't always hurt someone, I enjoy that type of enthusiasm in a film, might even make it more enjoyable.

The Guy Who Sends Text Messages
Hey , I know that guy !

I remember when I saw Ice Age 2 in the theatre : that was the very worst enviroment ever.

Pretty much it was all kids everywhere , a couple babys crying and their mothers refused to take them out of the theatre - really , they just sat there with the crying babys , 3 different mothers !

Then there were all these little kids talking throughout the whole thing - and parents that kept talking back. Plus many kids just making noises , like the little girl next to me kept shaking an empty soda.

i hate those that go "uh huh, uh huh" and "tsk tsk tsk"

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I hate people who talk during movies, be it at the cinema or when i'm watching a DVD at home.
One night i was watching Moonraker then my bro and his girlfriend come in and wreak the mood, grr it annoys me so much

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

I hate people who talk during movies, be it at the cinema or when i'm watching a DVD at home.
One night i was watching Moonraker then my bro and his girlfriend come in and wreak the mood, grr it annoys me so much
You've made a good point by posting this, HASSARD. Many people complain that this kind of disruption only occurrs in movie theatres, but the experience that you had when your brother and his girlfriend came in and disrupted Moonraker for you while you were watching it on DVD proves the point that movie theatre goers don't have a monopoly in this kind of disruptiveness.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. The Seat Kicker

2. The Bright Cell Phone In Dark Moron

3. The Chatterbox

4. The Laugh At Non Funny Moments Moron

5. The Hoot and Holla At Hot Guy/Girl In Movie Moron

6. The Steal Your Arm Rest Moron

7. The Complainer

8. The Let's Take Our Kid To An Adult Movie Moron

9. The Joker (Tries To Make Funny Comment Out Loud)

10. The Screamers (When there is nothing to scream about)

Honourable mention:

Wrapper Crinkler & Amazed At Every Scene Guy.

Suspect's Reviews

1. The Seat Kicker

2. The Bright Cell Phone In Dark Moron

3. The Chatterbox

4. The Laugh At Non Funny Moments Moron

5. The Hoot and Holla At Hot Guy/Girl In Movie Moron

6. The Steal Your Arm Rest Moron

7. The Complainer

8. The Let's Take Our Kid To An Adult Movie Moron

9. The Joker (Tries To Make Funny Comment Out Loud)

10. The Screamers (When there is nothing to scream about)

Honourable mention:

Wrapper Crinkler & Amazed At Every Scene Guy.
Another good list, UsualSuspect. Couldn't agree more. Thanks.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
A Rare find but annoying nonetheless - the Mr. I'll sit down in my seat so hard that it'll crack your knees behind me. - Sweeney todd was ruined by this guy who cracked my knees twice by practically throwing himself into his seat.

Mr. I need to keep my phone on AND check it constantly so everyone will be annoyed by the glare of my phone light same guy from sweeney todd, whoever you are i wish u a slow and painful viewing of Southland Tales

Beware The Probe!
Cel Phoners
I couldn't believe this one guy.
He was actually on his cellphone twice during Transformers and was telling his friend on the other line that he was watching the Transformers.
Ugh...

Seat Kickers
Every half hour or so they kick your seat.
It's not alot but it's enough to get annoying.

Kid 'Splainers
One time this guy was talking to his kid through the whole damn movie. He explained what what going on, what certain things meant, and what every sign or written note said.
Wasn't even quiet about it. Talking like they were the only 2 people in the theater. Plus he went to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

(people may hate me for this one)
Loud Mentally Handicapped
I swear, the same guy every time. He obviously likes the same movies as I do but there was this one mentally disabled guy in a wheelchair who I saw at least 4 or 5 different times (same guy, I saw him) and I was really getting annoyed at his loud outbursts. As much as I felt bad for the guy and sure he deserves to enjoy the 'movie experience' just like everybody else, but I think his handler should have probably taken him to a less busy showing instead of a packed opening night each time or waited for the DVD.
It was like a loud forced laugh every 5 -10 minutes or so and during the non-funny quiet scenes.
"HAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......
HAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
"
He always sat up front and each time never stayed for the entire movie. Maybe half to 2/3 through till leaving.

Old Lady Staring Me Down
Ok, this one time I went to see The Kingdom and when I was taking a seat an old lady and her adult daughter (I assume) were sitting on the end seats. I said "Excuse me." to get past them as I was carrying a bag, large popcorn and large rootbeer. The daughter sat back and moved her legs in but the old lady didn't. As I tried to maneuver past them I accidentally sorta stepped on part of her toe. It wasn't a heavy step, I just caught the corner of it but the old lady screamed bloody murder.
I apologised repeatedly to her asking if she was OK but she instead whispered something to her daughter and gave me 'the evil eye'.
Again I said I was sorry and finally went to my seat.
I kid you not through the whole movie every time I looked over at her she was staring at me with a look of horror on her face like I was the devil himself.
I mean, my foot didn't crush her toe or anything I swivelled as soon as I felt it under my shoe but I think she may have given me a voodoo gypsy curse or something after that.
Was kinda hard to get into the movie after that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Loud Mentally Handicapped
I swear, the same guy every time. He obviously likes the same movies as I do but there was this one mentally disabled guy in a wheelchair who I saw at least 4 or 5 different times (same guy, I saw him) and I was really getting annoyed at his loud outbursts. As much as I felt bad for the guy and sure he deserves to enjoy the 'movie experience' just like everybody else, but I think his handler should have probably taken him to a less busy showing instead of a packed opening night each time or waited for the DVD.
It was like a loud forced laugh every 5 -10 minutes or so and during the non-funny quiet scenes.
"HAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......
HAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....."
He always sat up front and each time never stayed for the entire movie. Maybe half to 2/3 through till leaving.

Old Lady Staring Me Down
Ok, this one time I went to see The Kingdom and when I was taking a seat an old lady and her adult daughter (I assume) were sitting on the end seats. I said "Excuse me." to get past them as I was carrying a bag, large popcorn and large rootbeer. The daughter sat back and moved her legs in but the old lady didn't. As I tried to maneuver past them I accidentally sorta stepped on part of her toe. It wasn't a heavy step, I just caught the corner of it but the old lady screamed bloody murder.
I apologised repeatedly to her asking if she was OK but she instead whispered something to her daughter and gave me 'the evil eye'.
Again I said I was sorry and finally went to my seat.
I kid you not through the whole movie every time I looked over at her she was staring at me with a look of horror on her face like I was the devil himself.
I mean, my foot didn't crush her toe or anything I swivelled as soon as I felt it under my shoe but I think she may have given me a voodoo gypsy curse or something after that.
Was kinda hard to get into the movie after that.

I think those last two are God trying to tell you something. I'm not sure what, but I enjoyed reading those. Maybe it's trying to teach you patience or understanding, or just figuring out that you need to go to a different theatre or sit in a different row.

I realize your situation is different, but I figure every time somebody comes up to me and tries to panhandle, I have to decide how serious their situation is and what I should do. I usually give them something, but the times I don't I almost always feel like I screwed up because "there but for the grace of God go I".

Sorry about babbling. Keep having as much fun as possible at the flicks.

I love the "Amazed at every scene guy". Cuz that's me!

Do cinemas not have "Child Screen/s" where you guys are? I usually wait for the DVD for kid flicks but I'd be fine going to my local cuz the "parent with inconsiderately diarrhoetic infant" would be in their own screen.

The Silent Stinky Farter
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.