Happy Halloween! SJW's are whining about 'cultural appropriation'...

Tools    

It's become a "meme".
I hate memes. But even more I hate that the word "meme" has become a "meme".

Because it hardly applies here.

Then you have an opinion on the matter, a book read or tv fed opinion, but an opinion. In regards to racial strife, moreso than the election, real life experience and living in the said vicinity holds more weight. Do you disagree?
no,i had opinion on the things i disagreed with which are the ones i replied to,those are not the matter we were discussing but examples of same behaviour according to you that i dont think are correct.
by book reading,do you mean history books?they dont count? articles dont count? news dont count? sorry since youve met some must mean you mean know everything then,just like i know the opinion of every christian person because i know some.

What's wrong with memes?
What isn't?

They are things that are repeated for the sake of repeating.
They're parroted by virtue of being parroted before.
They're references divorced of context.

They're intellectually worthless garbage proliferated by people with nothing of substance to say otherwise.

People don't even understand what "memes" are and it's misattributed everywhere to the point of making the word "meme", itself, memetic and therefor entirely meaningless.

Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom!
They're among the best things the internet has given birth to.
That's extraordinarily depressing.

What isn't?

They are things that are repeated for the sake of repeating.
They're parroted by virtue of being parroted before.
They're references divorced of context.

They're intellectually worthless garbage proliferated by people with nothing of substance to say otherwise.

People don't even understand what "memes" are and it's misattributed everywhere to the point of making the word "meme", itself, memetic and therefor entirely meaningless.

That's extraordinarily depressing.
They're really nothing new, they've been around a long long time.
Before they were "memes" they were called commercial jingles.

But, you've come a long way, baby... so have it your way. I try to be all that I can be and the best a man can get, so I'm going to try to reach out and touch someone before I take the pause that refreshes and go plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is! I'm luvin' it since a little dab'll do ya, it's good to the last drop and finger lickin' good! I can't believe it's not butter and I never have a second cup at home! You're probably sick of this rant by now, but what're ya gonna do... when it rains it pours! So for now I'll say "just do it!" because it's not nice to fool Mother Nature... and it's Miller Time!

I'm so glad we had this time together. May tomorrow be a perfect day, may you find love and laughter along the way. Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

Love those! especially this one, it's so not-PC, that I'm sure grannies everywhere are upset
Age appropriation

Paul Joseph Watson;

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I'm not attacking you, but there's this idea that people fit into categories or boxes and cannot (or should not) go beyond the borders of the label that others assign them.

The reason I'm "independent" in every respect is I've always had a problem with this concept. I'm so diverse in my own mind that I sometimes confuse myself - my inner monologue is like eight different people arguing as I try to consider, analyze and process multiple perspectives.

Most people are very complicated and their personalities & characters are made up of a whole bunch of lifetime influences, interests & perspectives (sometimes conflicting ones).

I remember studying this psychology program that was supposed to help you in business by figuring out how to classify people (and thus how to respond to or treat them). It had codes outlined that you'd create based on other's personality traits. You could examine yourself (a somewhat subjective process) to come up with your own code.
What it came down to was that there were only about 10 or so different types of people as everyone had to fit into one of the codes. I read the whole book and tried to do the exercises, but after a while I realized this was all B.S.
People don't easily fit into types or codes - and if they do, the codes are probably about as expansive as those that DNA helices come up with. People are often as dualistic as they are cohesive.
I like this post, thanks. I was just getting analyzed and boxed in...
http://www.movieforums.com/community...82#post1599182

Peace out and when it comes to Halloween remember all candy is made equal!
No it's not. Quality manufacturers still use turmeric as a colorant, the others just try to poison you with Tartrazine.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/37...food-coloring/

How do you know I'm white? Does my typing sound white? There are people of color, you know, who type white.
If you're not, please choose your avatar more carefully.

Ok, I got through the entire thread. I started off by seeing TONGO's Halloween costume images near the end, and thought this would be a light and easy topic. Now, I'm seeing the benefits of being Metis in a discussion such as this. Glad it's almost over.