Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

Arresting your development
I do understand your view on this and deeply appreciate it but at the same time I side and relate with the thug/gangster prick side of the coin also. Though all the weight of the blame to me ... still falls on Celeste Boyle. Her weak minded character annoys me and I guess that didn't sit right with all the popcorn I ate while watching this flick.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
But can we all agree that we feel sorry for Tim Robbins and that Bacon is a jackass?
You know it!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Crap. Up til now, I felt just fine with having missed Mystic River. You guys have ruined my beautiful, smug ignorance.

No longer bliss?

Lets put a smile on that block
You know, the ending of The Bridges Over Madison County is so sad. Poor Meryl.

District B13
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I do understand your view on this and deeply appreciate it but at the same time I side and relate with the thug/gangster prick side of the coin also. Though all the weight of the blame to me ... still falls on Celeste Boyle. Her weak minded character annoys me and I guess that didn't sit right with all the popcorn I ate while watching this flick.

Hella more Mystic River spoilers ahead:

Weak minded character? Her hubby comes home with blood on his shirt saying he beat a mugger, she finds no evidence. She protects her husbands by lieing to the cops, then she confronts him and he tells her what to think about the situation. So she moves on, until Robbins starts talking about vampires and how it can't be stopped. She made the mistake of telling her psychotic brother instead the cops, but she felt she owed it to the dead girl and she was scared.

Plus, Penn was in NO way justified in his actions, he was a drunken thug with a (excuse me ladies) bitch wife who only cared about her OWN children and her OWN happiness.

And bacon, wtf? He gets the girl randomnly for not telling on Penn. That was some **** ending if I ever saw one.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Crap. Up til now, I felt just fine with having missed Mystic River.
It's quite a good film, don't listen to haters. It's also quite debatable as you can see from the heated argument currently transpiring.

All these characters you respond to, and it's all hate and sadness.

Eastwood kicking ass as a director is what it is.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
You stayed awake long enough to see the ending of that movie? Hardcore!

You stayed awake long enough to see the ending of that movie? Hardcore!
[/left]
Love, my friend, is indeed also hardcore.

Put me in your pocket...
Meryl was wonderful....I love that movie.

District B13
Love, my friend, is indeed also hardcore.
I like my love covered in black with a whip.

I like my love covered in black with a whip.
One day you will learn that is indeed not love...

IT IS FILTH!

District B13
IT IS FILTH!
No.

Filth is when miss covered in black with a whip decides I've been a good boy.

No.

Filth is when miss covered in black with a whip decides I've been a good boy.

Gladiator would be on my top 3 choices.

Grave of the Fireflies was very sad.

District B13
Originally Posted by chirpy_sabz
Grave of the Fireflies was very sad.
Burst into tears.

Burst into tears.
...and then flames...

Dreamcatcher

I found this movie to be so bad that I ended up breaking down into tears half way through and curling into a fetal position on the sticky theatre floor and crying myself into a sweet, sweet dreamless sleep.

I rule
White Dog … very, very sad film IMO

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

The Green Mile only mentioned once? That is insane. How can people not find that sad. I have seen many of teh films you mention, only The Lion King and The Shawshank Redemption come close to The Green Mile. It is almost unbleivavble that on 8 pages of thread, The Green Mile is mentioned once. I know many of you will have yor own tastes, but surely more than just two (including me) found this a tear jerker to make even the toughest shells break.

Originally Posted by GameOvais
The Green Mile only mentioned once? That is insane. How can people not find that sad. I have seen many of teh films you mention, only The Lion King and The Shawshank Redemption come close to The Green Mile. It is almost unbleivavble that on 8 pages of thread, The Green Mile is mentioned once. I know many of you will have yor own tastes, but surely more than just two (including me) found this a tear jerker to make even the toughest shells break.
Not a fan of The Green Mile then?

Thats a shame. Is a sad film.