Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This is so good, Alfred Hitchcock's The Rear Window (1954). A restless news photog, played by James Stewart, is laid up in a plaster cast, with a broken leg he got on assignment. His Greenwich Village apartment overlooks an alley where he watches pieces of life go on in neighboring apartments. Notably, he has an attractive neighbor (Grace Kelley before she became a princess) as his well-dressed, well off girlfriend. It's very hot, so a neighboring dancer rehearses, dressed scantily and windows are open. He has a therapist who visits him. She is a fountain of common sense wisdom. There's piano music coming from someone's apartment.

Things happen, criminal things, and the photog sees some of these things. He becomes a target of a bad guy, while he's laid up with a broken leg.

This movie in its non-digital glory, has one of the greatest sets ever done. All of these views of people's apartments are part of a big set. It has that great saturated Kodacolor glow. The movie builds to a typically Hitchcock climax and I'm not telling what happens.
I've loved this film ever since watching it when it came out. Superb humor,drama and suspense. One of Hitchcock's near perfect masterpieces.

This was the only movie of 2023 I saw in theaters and I'm sorry I missed MI7 and Expendables 4. So here is my rewatching of it on the oh so very small screen. I guess it will be almost as good but not quite, I will imagine the surround sound and look down instead of up. Its all very different than theater.

O! Terrifier, I love this film, something of a genre style that really suits me when it goes for a combination of horror or comedy. My take on the title for today, which de facto will probably also be associated by some with more than just a film, from what I've heard, " Five Nights at Freddy's " is well worth the time.

O! Terrifier, I love this film,
I was surprised at how well Terrifier turned out considering its a gratuitous gorefest. Ive seen far worse horrors of lower quality and shitty acting. This one was good enough for TV, qualitywise, but of course you cant show that on the networks.

TERRIFIER 2 was also quite good, which is what I love about such films. The second item today, I chose out of sentimentality, which I am returning to again after many years, and today I managed to find it among my old DVDs, I am talking about Blood in Blood out.

Not scary in the least, not halloweenish, dark and confusing yes, filled with 90s horror pop music yes, a scary movie appropriate for halloween as the articles say, no. A mob movie, yes.

Act 1 was fine but then it gets Mullholland Drive on you.

Let me guess: stiff-lipped Brits save the world.