http://www.clearvisionstudios.com

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
The soundtracks I like are:

Requiem for a Dream
Snatch
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2
Pi
.....and that's all I can really think of.

Boy, I'm gonna show my age and prejudices on this one:

"Great Balls of Fire," with Jerry Lee Lewis pounding out all his rock 'n' roll hits; and the classic music of "2001: Space Odessey." In fact, the music was the only thing I enjoyed about either of those two movies.

A soundtrack album was never released as far as I know, but the most influential song I ever heard in a movie theater was Bill Haley and the Comets blasting out "Rock Around the Clock" as they rolled the opening credits to "Blackboard Jungle." For a lot of my generation, that's when rock began--man, we were up dancing in the aisles! But I guess you had to be there to really appreciate it.

American Graffiti's soundtrack is my favourite, Peppermint Twist!

Anybody else likes it?

I would have to say The Departed has a soundtrack that is almost as amazing as the film itself. I can drive around and listen to it for hours. I love the Beach Boys track Sail on Sailor and the cover of Comfortably Numb. The whole thing is just really solid.

300 + Gladiator: Awesome orchetrial soundtracks...

Also honourable mentions to Top Gun and Blues Brothers - both classics

I have to return some videotapes.
Garden State
Collateral
A Life Aquatic
Forrest Gump
Batman ('89)
The Wedding Singer
Almost Famous
Dazed and Confused
Top Gun
Easy Rider

-van wilder
-matrix
-gone in 60 seconds
-the girl next door
-the longest yard

fbi
Over The Top

Frank Stallone, Eddie Money, Robin Zander, Larry Greene, Kenny Loggins...

...that's an all-star line-up if I ever saw one!

frank stallone also sung songs on rocky soundtracks. "take u back"

My favs are :last of mohicans. rocky 1, 2, 3. rambo 2. meet joe black.

if we only like one or two tunes from a soundtrack but listen to them all the time, does it still count as fav? or do we have to like at least 80% of the soundtrack?

Hmm.. Spirited Away, Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron, The Matrix Trilogy and I LOVE the soundtrack to Saving Private Ryan.

-The Prestige.

I definitely posted the last time this thread was done, but my list has expanded a bit.

The Mission (Ennio Morricone)
Absolutely breathtaking. Granted, everything Morricone has done has been breathtaking. I would say that while John Williams cultivated the cinematic scope of film scores, Ennio Morricone fine tuned everything and made it elegant.

The Last of the Mohicans (Trevor Jones/ Randy Edelman)
A repetitive, but I quite like the orchestration.

Sense & Sensibility (Patrick Doyle)
'My Father's Favorite' is my favorite.

Black Hawk Down (Hans Zimmer)
Sometimes he sounds like James Horner (and vice versa), but he can be quite diverse.

LOTR Trilogy (Howard Shore)
A big challenge--creating nearly a dozen themes to accomodate the changing landscapes and pace of the movies--and Shore exceeded all expectations.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I personally liked >>
Hope Floats and City of Angels

The ones I can think of right now are:

The Rage: Carrie2
The Underworld2: Evolution

This is the one instance where you will hear me gush over a Star Wars movie. I think the soundtrack to the "first" one is far and away the best thing about it. A masterpiece.

I second whoever mentioned Requiem For A Dream. Perfect marriage of strings and electronica, and even the tuning up sounds at the opening credits is appropriate.

28 Days Later, but mostly because it has such a great sequence with one of my favorite bands, Godspeed You Black Emperor. Consider it a landmark event, because it is seriously unlikely they will license a song ever again. I still wonder how Danny Boyle managed to get them to agree in the first place.

Being a Bjork fan I have to mention Dancer In The Dark. I still listen to it and there is so much innovation involved. Besides, any one person who acts, sings, dances, composes, mixes and produces on the same movie deserves my utmost respect.

High Fidelity, if nothing else for all the indie poseurs that laughed because I have Springsteen in my collection, right beside Stereolab. Revenge is so very sweet.