Homophobia vs. racism

Tools    

I think reasonable people should be able to come to the conclusion that it's wrong to infringe upon the rights of people who do not threaten you/other people/society with their behavior...:\
So AIDS isn't a threat to society?

In any event, I don't think things are nearly so cut and dried as you obviously do. Reasonable people disagree about all sorts of subjects, in part because the rational interests of different people and different groups often conflict. You can't just universalize your own subjective perspective and assume that it really is shared by everyone else.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I knew you were gay because of a couple movies you list as your favorite films in your profile
Many of my favourite films are gay-themed...does that make me a lesbian?

my wife
Yesterday she was your fiancee. Perhaps this is a genuine mistake but things like this set off my troll-dar...

How dare you, Adidasss! You tell me what gives you the right to make such a baseless accusation that is an all out assault on my character & only the most corrupt of people would do such a thing.
Again, perhaps I am missing something here, but adidasss referred to an anonymous pm and never named you or sought to attack your character on this thread, so where has all this come from?

Ladies and gentlemen, the freak show continues...
I dont care if this response leads to my account closure, because atleast it is in defense of honestly and manipulation of circumstance.

I knew you were gay because of a couple movies you list as your favorite films in your profile & the manner in which you present yourself & that isn't a stereotypical comment, it is only a honest observation through comparison of other people in my life who share the same traits. That's fine because you shouldn't have to be shy or hide it while in public because it is the liberty every human has during our short years on earth. Even so you know as well i do that you are full of ******** Adidass.

The comments I made in my apology letter wasn't even a reference to your sexuality, it was an example of the social pressures placed on Americans during the course of their lives to follow the flock and share the ideals of the man next to you. This includes looking at homosexuality or any person who doesn't share similar beliefs or is different in any way becomes labeled a sinful and a abomination of humanity. It is this that has been etched in our minds by this country that's smothered by right wing & religious bigotry which starts the moment we are born in this nation. I only gave an explanation on the troubles of completely erasing this social programing, and this statement is especially true for the majority of heterosexual males in the U.S.

So who do you think you are by trivialize prejudice and racism by using it as a defense against me because my wife who wanted to offer some perspective to consider to make a difference against the deep seeded bias which seems to be returning to forefront. You are spitting in every man or woman who has ever been the victim of a hate crime & you should be ashamed of yourself for making such a comparison.

You are in a position to make a real diffence by sharing your experience of your life and offer understanding of your country that could never come from any book. There is nothing I would rather do in my time on this forum then to gain understanding on your country & learn about the history which shaped a nation very that very few understand, so I could continue to bring the message to areas in society you could never reach.

Instead, all you do is over react about anything and everything ever said to you which differs from your concrete ideals which fester inside of you until you see an opportunity to launch the overwhelming rancid outlook on any foreign person.

Adidasss you are the very definition of 'Prejudice'

Not only that, but it is shocking to see the lengths that you will go to justify your perverted and putrefied views. Also your tactics of expression are identical to the propaganda of nazis, klu klux klan, and every other prejudice or racist person or organization has done ever since first two people with different pigments of skin met for the first time, the only difference is the spectrum.

So there is no other way to say this but,"You are the most defiled person I have ever encounter in my life and your soul is so contaminated that you're not only prejudice of other people, you are the malignant tumor that makes someone a bigot & there is nothing you can possibly say about me or anyone else that can change that fact until you take the time to change it yourself."

How dare you, Adidasss! You tell me what gives you the right to make such a baseless accusation that is an all out assault on my character & only the most corrupt of people would do such a thing.
Baseless accusation?! You're a self admitted homophobe! Please leave, we're trying to have a serious discussion...

You ready? You look ready.
Um, you're an idiot. Just thought I should pass that one by you.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Ladies and gentlemen, the freak show continues...

Baseless accusation?! You're a self admitted homophobe! Please leave, we're trying to have a serious discussion...
Then prove I am a homophobe post my message unedited. Not only are you a liar, but you are a hypocrite. By stating you are out to bait someone at the start of your first post in Foreign Film. That is infringing upon someone.

You can't even argue the accusation against you, you are so full of **** you have to first insult people about their grammar, then character, & you finalize it by twisting a message to fit your own need.

You are a wretched being.

What the hell are you talking about? AIDS is a problem tied exclusively to homosexuals? Are all those people in Africa homosexuals? O.o

In any event, I don't think things are nearly so cut and dried as you obviously do. Reasonable people disagree about all sorts of subjects, in part because the rational interests of different people and different groups often conflict. You can't just universalize your own subjective perspective and assume that it really is shared by everyone else.
Well then, my fascist friend, why don't you enlighten me and others about the rationale behind homophobia (and how the interests of the heterosexual majority clash with the homosexual minority)...I'm sure you're somewhat of an expert...:j

What the hell are you talking about? AIDS is a problem tied exclusively to homosexuals? Are all those people in Africa homosexuals? O.o

Well then, my fascist friend, why don't you enlighten me and others about the rationale behind homophobia (and how the interests of the heterosexual majority clash with the homosexual minority)...I'm sure you're somewhat of an expert...:j
I don't have to rationalize it Merriam Webster can do it for me.

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·biaPronunciation: \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\ Function: noun Date: 1969 : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals — ho·mo·pho·bic \-ˈfō-bik\ adjective

Have I shown a irrational fear of you? No

Have I ever discriminated against you? No

If fact you are the one who brought the issue of Homosexuality to the forefront, I never even acknowledged your sexuality.

So post the private message of apology I sent you which is the basis of all your fabricated accusations, or give it up. Because I am pretty sure I am not the only one who sees that you are full of ****, for having to misdirect an argument when valid points that can't be disputed and the fact that you have had your account suspended more then once is a testiment to this statement.

End the name calling, show some fact, or act like an adult.

Then prove I am a homophobe post my message unedited.
Originally Posted by tsellisjr
I am never going to lie to you & make you try and believe that I enjoy movies 'All About....' I am a 27 year old American male who works as a staff writer for one of the worst reality shows on US airwaves today. The sight of any transvestite anywhere in a movie we are watching will make us cringe(I am sorry I wish it wasn't so) I like action, i like to be visually stimulated, I am sure you have observed the common traits of men born in the states, but I do understand ..
P.S.S. I dont care if this is deleted, but for a male you act like a little & that isn't a shot at sexual preference.
This includes looking at homosexuality or any person who doesn't share similar beliefs or is different in any way becomes labeled a sinful and a abomination of humanity. It is this that has been etched in our minds by this country that's smothered by right wing & religious bigotry which starts the moment we are born in this nation. I only gave an explanation on the troubles of completely erasing this social programing, and this statement is especially true for the majority of heterosexual males in the U.S.
News flash, you're a homophobe. Moving on!
I'm an idiot for thinking that pandemic diseases might just be socially undesirable?
Weak. Homophobia existed long before AIDS...try again.

I'm an idiot for thinking that pandemic diseases might just be socially undesirable?
While it is true that at least to begin with HIV and AIDS were more prevalent among gay men than heterosexuals, there is a fairly obvious reason - before the virus was widely known about, gay men were not as likely to use contraception, having no fear of pregnancy. These days it is no longer seen as a 'gay' disease (except by homophobes who still prefer the ideas that gay sex is somehow particularly 'dirty'). Following this type of logic, we should also be prejudiced against people from Africa as that is the continent with the highest rates of AIDS...

AIDS is a problem tied almost exclusively to behavior patterns. The concurrency networks of many African societies are mirrored in the West by behavior patterns within the gay community.

There's a reason that male-to-male sexual contact and IV drug use account for the overwhelming majority of HIV cases in Western nations.

While it is true that at least to begin with HIV and AIDS were more prevalent among gay men than heterosexuals, there is a fairly obvious reason - before the virus was widely known about, gay men were not as likely to use contraception, having no fear of pregnancy. These days it is no longer seen as a 'gay' disease (except by homophobes who still prefer the ideas that gay sex is somehow particularly 'dirty'). Following this type of logic, we should also be prejudiced against people from Africa as that is the continent with the highest rates of AIDS...
In the West, gay men and IV drug users STILL account for the vast majority of AIDS cases. In Africa, where concurrency networks mimic gay behavior in Western societies, you also see elevated rates (although, it should be noted, the rates in Africa aren't actually as high as the rates in gay communities in the West).

I
End the name calling, show some fact, or act like an adult.
Great advice. Why not try that? This thread did not start off with personal attacks on anyone, but somebody referencing anonymously a comment they had received and using it to start a general discussion on what I think is quite an interesting topic.

Of course it did - I'm just pointing out that there are perfectly rational grounds for objecting to homosexual behavior.
There are rational grounds for objecting to promiscuous and careless sexual behaviour, some of these behaviours may be associated with certain gay communities, but it is a huge generalisation to suggest that this is the normal behaviour of all gay people, or that such behaviour is restricted to homosexuals.

There are rational grounds for objecting to promiscuous and careless sexual behaviour, some of these behaviours may be associated with certain gay communities, but it is a huge generalisation to suggest that this is the normal behaviour of all gay people, or that such behaviour is restricted to homosexuals.
It is vastly more prevalent in the gay community, if nothing else.

But, in actual fact, the average gay man in the US has something like 10 times as many sexual partners in his lifetime (incidentally, much shorter on average) than men of the general population. Whether that is simply a 'culturally' derived pattern or whether it is genetically tied to homosexuality in some way remains to be seen.

News flash, you're a homophobe. Moving on!

Weak. Homophobia existed long before AIDS...try again.
Publish the whole letter of apology! See using quotes out of context to make your point. You know you are full of ****.

You just proved everything I said in my defense. Finding the appearance of any person even a transexual doesn't constitute homophobia. It is directed at the cosmetic aspect, period.

Again, it didn't say 'your sexual preference' it says 'sexual preference' meaning this shouldn't be misconstrued as a harsh observation by sexual preference. The only thing it means is every time someone says anything even close to conflicting with you, you start crying like a 5 year old girl who had her doll stolen... and 50 of the posts you published is testiment to that.

Then the third quote you quoted out of context because it made reference to social pressures placed on males in my country.

It is pathetic to watch someone using quotes out of context

Post the complete apology, you lying sack of ****.

Post it now, the fact that you fear disclosure is a testiment to how pathetic you are. Post the complete letter, now.

I'm not going anywhere and I don't care if it gets me banned from this place, you show the whole story. Stop contaminating the truth, show everything.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What happened to the argument thread? I'm going to step out and get some fresh air now. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts , but the blurbs I've seen here and there are starting to make my stomach turn.

Quick edit because I'm out for a few, but I'll be back to see what Hell I have wrought. My fave films include Midnight Cowboy and Cabaret! I wonder what that means?

P.S. Are people allowed to publish a Personal Message in an open forum at this site?