Happy Tenth Holden Pike

Tools    

Holden Pike was born here at MoFo ten years ago, today. And an adorable, film-encyclopedic baby he was, too.

Happy Tenth Anniversary Holden. I'm glad I still get to read your posts here.

What on earth is that a picture of? No, nevermind, don't tell me.

Happy Anniversary, Holds! Man, ten whole years. How did you not let me drive you away with my wild shenanigans in those first two? Regardless, I am exceedingly glad you've stuck around.

Oh, and from way back when: you were right about Goodfellas.

there's a frog in my snake oil
What on earth is that a picture of? No, nevermind, don't tell me.
Oh but he will... That is one of the joys of Holds

Another one is that he can cuss like an old lady with a hair shirt on her wooden leg. Specifically like that. It is a talent.

Here's to many more wise words and rounded harangues your Holdenness

(PS that looks like a Svankmajer baby to me, but I don't know from which particular womb )

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Happy Tenth Anniversary Holden!!

Happy tenth anniversary, Mr. Pike. I appreciate all the recommendations and great write-ups you've done over the years.

A quote from yourself back in 2005 pretty much sums you up...

Yes, it's true: I am a cinematic genius of taste.
...you make it hard to disagree.

I knew there was a reason why Virginia (and much of the East Coast) had a big 6.0 Earthquake today.

HAPPY 10 YEARS, HOLDEN!

It started that long ago?

I've already wasted ten years in this joint?!?

I've fought my battles here, trying to express my point
of view with wit and humor and sarcasm and, barring
that, profanity-laced insults.

No matter my attitude or how it was taken, I always
tried to spray the entire area with my knowledge of
and taste and passion for all things cinema.

No wonder I'm dead fu*kin' tired.

Ah, what the Hell: I reckon I'll stick around.

Thanks, MoFo, but looks like you're
all still stuck with me.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike .45.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	7601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike Gatling.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	7602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike Dead.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	7603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike eyes.png
Views:	936
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	7604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike Laughing.jpeg
Views:	922
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	7605  

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You, Sir, are the best in terms of movie knowledge, passion, wit, humor, personality, friendliness, cattiness, joie de vivre, etc. I admire you and wish my own mental databank was just like yours, even though it's more like a closet with cobwebs, a few too many bad movies on DVD and Blu-ray (many that I paid way too much for), a Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct 2 poster that she bitchily refused to autograph, and dozens upon dozens of dirty jock straps that I've never worn properly.

You are my favorite serious Movie Buff probably in the whole world -- you deserve more attention and praise than what you'd get here -- but I'm glad you've been here to amuse us and inform us for all of these years. You open people's minds and hearts up to a whole level of profound experience that you won't get from very many people and you do it like YOU WERE BORN TO DO IT.

Thank you, Holden Pike, for 10 years of Film Analysis Fabulousness.

- S.C.

You are an artist. Happy last decade of the great moderation.

Happy tenth Holds. Uh, congrats? Bout time you get a life, eh? What are you gonna do? Sit around and watch movies the rest of your life?

Yeah, me too...

I sure enjoyed our meeting a little while back and look forward to coming down again sometime and being able to visit one of your movie theater haunts. That would be really enjoyable, I reckon.

A decade of Pike? No reward is worth this.

Happy Anniversary, HP. There should be some sort of legal document that requires you to post a certain number each calendar year.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He was probably here at mofo before there was a mofo.

Place wouldn't be the same without the guy.

Suspect's Reviews

I usually don't post in the anniversary threads but ten years is significant.

Happy Anniversary Holden!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Holy Crap! I had a dream where I saw the title of this thread and thought that Holden had been cloned nine times and now there was a crazy, ten-man Wild Bunch terrorizing the countryside. Whew! I'm waking up now... I think.