I'm a movie fan, but I've never seen...

Tools    

Originally posted by James2183
read the earlier post he said he hadnt
I meant to use this quote with my post, but forgot it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

To be honest, I haven't thought much about any of these movies, let alone found the time to watch them. Guess I'm just not interested in the "classic" or "praised" bunch. But I have seen a few.

The Shawshank Redemption
Schindlers List
The Godfather
Casablanca
Gone With the Wind
Citizen Kane
Goodfellas
Dr. Strangelove
Dances With Wolves
Raging Bull
A Clockwork Orange
Chinatown
Amelie
A Beautiful Mind
Memento
Lawrence of Arabia
The Matrix
Fight Club

and ... the shocker ... Star Wars

Lets put a smile on that block
Good thread. Always thought i couldnt be considered a true movie buff becuase i have unfortunatly not viewed -

Citizen Kane
Battleship Potemkin
BraveHeart
Any Steve McQueen films
Any Paul Newman films
Any of The GodFathers
Hardly ANY James Bond films al the way through (Well not the Connery ones anyway)
All the Star Wars films (Only seen the two recent ones al the way through)
Gone with the wind
Cassablanca
Dr StrangeLove
Raging Bull
Clockwork Orange
Taxi Driver
Easy Rider
Lawrence of Arabia
Rosemary's Baby
Life is Beautiful
2001 a Space Odyssey
Get Carter
The Graduate
Any John Wayne films

And probably a LOAD more of the oldy classics...

Oh and LordSlayton, Get your Ass to see Beauty and the Beast! The best of the Disneys bye faaaaaaaaaaar!

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Jenny*B had the most prestigious list so far, but then blibblobblib`s list came along, and totally takes the biscuit.

No McQueen or Newman
No Episodes 4-6
No 2001
...etc,etc,etc,...

Dude, you`ve got some serious catching up to do!

Lets put a smile on that block
Well im glad im the new leader of film viewing stubborness. But i think the reason that i hvant been that interested in seing any McQueen or Newman films is just becuase i didnt grow up with them. They werent the films that were widely available to me as a kid. I still appreciate that both of them are legends but im really not that bothered about seeing them. I will one day, ive gotta see why everyone loves them so much.
And the whole Star Wars series....i just dont think theyre great films. Dont get me wrong, they were a new film of their time and set a trend for a whole series of sci-fi films but i just dont see them as superb films. once again, i will watch all of them back to abck one day but just not yet.
And 2001? thats on my MUST SEE list.

If you haven't seen Newman yet, make the first Cool Hand Luke. If you're not a fan after that...you never will be.

Hey! I haven't seen McQeen or Newman, either. Oh well. I didn't think to add that. LOL.

Both of you need to see The Sting.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by LordSlaytan
If you haven't seen Newman yet, make the first Cool Hand Luke. If you're not a fan after that...you never will be.
Consider that concured...Newman at his best for mine.
And to check out the quality of McQueen in action, look no further than "Papillon" .

hmm i have never seen

1 Amelie from Montmantre
2 Citizen Kane
3 Scarface 30s version
4 Midnight Cowboy
5 Welcome mr chance
6 Piraya
7 Bullit
8 Wings
9 On the waterfront
10 Ben Hur not the second version
11 Spiderman
12 The wild Geese

There are a lot... but a few of the ones I haven't seen yet are....

A Beautiful Mind
The Others
Memento
Citizen Kane (or at least all of it)
Gosford Park

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
I have never seen:

Sunset Boulevard
sex, lies and videotapes
The English Patient
Eraserhead
Intolerance
The Maltese Falcon
Eyes Wide Shut
Requiem For a Dream
Gone With the Wind
Metropolis
Stranger Than Paradise
Blow Up
Hair
Fantasia
Rebel Without a Cause
The Giant
East of Eden
The Cabinet of Dr Caligari

...and lots more...

I've never seen:

Casablanca
It's a Wonderful Life
Rear Window
City Lights
The Sting
The Green Mile

Originally posted by OptimalDelusion
I've never seen:

Casablanca
It's a Wonderful Life
Rear Window
City Lights
The Sting
The Green Mile

You're scaring me.

Originally posted by Toose

You're scaring me.
How so? Btw, great avatar!

It's A Wonderful Life
Casablanca
Citizen Kane

I can't believe you've never seen Green Mile! Absolutely wonderful movie! I loved it!

"I'm sorry Boss. I t-tried to take it back, but I couldn't, Boss."

What have I not seen...? hmmm... ?

Well I have never seen
- A Better Tomorrow
-Yojimbo
-Y Tu Mama Tambien
or - Rififi.

By the way, In MY OPINION, "The Green Mile" was OVER rated. If you have seen the "Shawshank Redemption" then that's fine, The Green Mile is a waste of time.

Also "The Sting" is highly OVER rated. If you want to see Redford and Newman together, rent "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", by far the better of the two. The DVD is beautiful.

I also see on some of the other lists such films as RAGING BULL, REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, GOODFELLAS, AMELIE, TAXI DRIVER, THE GRADUATE, GODFATHER, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. Shame on you, these films are MUST, MUST, sees. After you watch these films listed, come back on here and tell me I wasn't right.

Originally posted by Travis_Bickle
By the way, In MY OPINION, "The Green Mile" was OVER rated. If you have seen the "Shawshank Redemption" then that's fine, The Green Mile is a waste of time.

Also "The Sting" is highly OVER rated. If you want to see Redford and Newman together, rent "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", by far the better of the two. The DVD is beautiful.
I liked The Sting quite a bit more than Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Maybe it's just my fascination with the con game or something. I completely agree with you on The Green Mile though. I didn't really care for that.