The Expendables (2010)

Tools    

I don't believe it to be my kind of film, but I will certainly be seeing it as the amount of testosterone is incredibly absurd.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I don't know but Sly is 5' 10", so with combat boots that probably adds on maybe a couple more inches..depending on how thick they are.
no ways is Sly 5ft 10

unless he had a growth spurt in his 40's.

I was an extra when he made Driven with Heath ledger down at the molson Indy.

the dude is short. ripped for sure, but short. 5ft 7 max.

so Sly is wearen 6 inch lifts in his combat boots then.
Don't forget, each guy would've been photgraphed seperately and then the poster photoshopped to create the image. That means that they can all be made to look roughly the same size. Remember the end of Top Gun when Iceman and Maverick shake hands? Kilmer's about 6 foot, while Cruise is something like 5'6". They're pretty much face to face whereas, in reality, it should've been like those pics you see of Cruise and Katie Holmes when she's wearing heels. Same thing often applies with the shorter male leads, especially when in romantic or action leads.

Cuban heels. The short man's friend.

Kelly McKellis is 5'10" according to IMDB.

If it werent for the cast, im sure it would probably be a straight to dvd release. ten years ago this film wouldnt be able to be made purely on the names would be unaffordable for colaboration. In saying that, who cares? I don't watch action films for the diverse plots, the 'unique' missions, I watch for pure blow the **** up, kick the crap out of, wooooo explosions. Im sorry but really when was the last blockbuster original straight action movie? and more to the point who really cares? Im going to watch it and its going to probably kill some brain cells with its pointlessness, cool I say.

A bunch of old guys who have nothing better to do go on a mission to save a country? Sounds unrealistic.
Not saying that I don't respect the actors. I think it's a good movie to watch but just not realistic.

Don't forget, each guy would've been photgraphed seperately and then the poster photoshopped to create the image. That means that they can all be made to look roughly the same size. Remember the end of Top Gun when Iceman and Maverick shake hands? Kilmer's about 6 foot, while Cruise is something like 5'6". They're pretty much face to face whereas, in reality, it should've been like those pics you see of Cruise and Katie Holmes when she's wearing heels. Same thing often applies with the shorter male leads, especially when in romantic or action leads.

Cuban heels. The short man's friend.

Kelly McKellis is 5'10" according to IMDB.

Not to say Tom Cruise isn't short, but Katie Holmes is 5'9" with no heels so add those stiletto's she is wearing Tom is a Dwarf to Katie.

But that's the point, Juno. I said that Kelly McKellis is 5'10" and Val Kiler is 6'0", so that's what Tom should've looked like in Top Gun when he was playing opposite them.

But that's the point, Juno. I said that Kelly McKellis is 5'10" and Val Kiler is 6'0", so that's what Tom should've looked like in Top Gun when he was playing opposite them.
How high are those boot heels in Top Gun?

It's Kelly McGillis

Still showing right now, hope to catch it later. The biggest ensemble of action stars, I enjoyed all their action flicks before, I wouldn't miss this one. Too bad JCVD was not in the film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really cannot wait to see this it looks like such an awesome movie.

Apparently, the movie seems to be good... Have seen the trailer though

A system of cells interlinked
A bunch of old guys who have nothing better to do go on a mission to save a country? Sounds unrealistic.
Not saying that I don't respect the actors. I think it's a good movie to watch but just not realistic.

This is a silly criteria for film unless we are talking about documentaries...

And sometimes, it doesn't even apply there...

I deal with reality all day - films are not something I watch to examine realistic situations...

This is a silly criteria for film unless we are talking about documentaries...

And sometimes, it doesn't even apply there...

I deal with reality all day - films are not something I watch to examine realistic situations...
Interesting...

If this is true, this is very interesting...

I hope you don't mind if I quote you in an essay; not by name of course (unless you somehow want to).

---

I think film you've breached the barrier between film as entertainment vs. art, though realism and irrealism/surrealism is an element in both. I can't say much more, except that you piqued my interest.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
just watched this movie.. its good
just didnt go long enough so all the characters didnt get enough lines
it was all sylvestar and statham.. no one else really.

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

I just came home from the movies and this movie was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I went to watch it with a very good friend of mine (we use to go to gym together) and we just laughed all the time (as did all the other people in the theatre). Sarcastic jokes, Schwarzeneggers Cameo-role and over masculine characters were so great entertainment that I enjoyed every minute of the movie I also loved to see these old action movie guys together making jokes of each other..

Of course this is just my opinion but for me this was the best movie released this year.

WARNING: "My favorite scene!" spoilers below
P.S. I loved the scene where Arnold and Sylvester talked to each others in a church. "He's used to run in the jungle" and "He want's to be a president" made everyone laugh

Wow.. this movie was very good. I have been looking forward to this movie for over a year and it did not disappoint me. Yes the story is not the best. But that's OK because you don't need a 'very' good story line as long as the movie is entertaining as hell.