Alien or Terminator? Which is the better scifi action series?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
As a series, definitely Alien. Its lesser installments are still better than the lesser Terminator movies.

So you had two great efforts out of the gate on both sides. Then the rest of the movies were largely garbage. So hard to say. Are we including Prometheus in the Alien series?

As a series, definitely Alien. Its lesser installments are still better than the lesser Terminator movies.
I'd say they're kind of on par if you don't go chronologically

Alien and Aliens/T1 and T2 are in the same boat
Resurrection - Genisys
Alien3/Prometheus - T3/Salvation

Are we counting the 2 AVP's?
Haven't seen Covenant yet or Sarah Connor chronicles

So you had two great efforts out of the gate on both sides. Then the rest of the movies were largely garbage. So hard to say. Are we including Prometheus in the Alien series?

Kinda why i asked because of the similarities in how both had really popular first two movies and the others are considered vastly inferior. Also both started off more horror with their furst two movies but went more action with the second.

Welcome to the human race...
RoboCop and Predator only have one great film and a couple of middling-to-bad sequels each, so they're barely in the conversation if we're talking about entire series.

Kinda why i asked because of the similarities in how both had really popular first two movies and the others are considered vastly inferior. Also both started off more horror with their furst two movies but went more action with the second.
That's why I focused my answer around the "inferior" titles - because I figured that the first two in both series were effectively spoken for and therefore could be disregarded when assessing both series as wholes. At least the lesser Alien movies were trying to do something weird and different with each new installment, whereas each of the last few Terminator movies come across as diminishing returns that try too hard to replicate the success of the first two (Rise of the Machines/Genisys) or plunge head-first into more generic territory, as in the post-apocalyptic Salvation.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It's hard to say. Terminator 1-3 are good, and Aliens and Prometheus I like. I didn't see the others, accept for the first Alien, which I kind of like, kind of don't.

After the Alien bursts out of the man's chest and escapes, it turns into a formula horror movie, then where the characters are killed off one by one. The twist with Ash was good but it still was surrounded by too much formula in my opinion.

The first two Terminators are very good, close to flawless. But Aliens and Prometheus, and even the first Alien, have a more effective atmosphere in comparison, so tough choice.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's really first 2 Alien films vs first 2 Terminator films. Have to go with Terminator.

I don+'t like horrors in general. Some alien scenes are so abominal, it makes me sick.

Terminator was great. I dislike Arnie though. T2 was excellent. T3 is my fave. Salvation is probably the weakest link, but there's a great Bale sreaming. Genesys was disappointing.

Hard choice. I would put the first 2 Alien movies above the first 2 Terminator movies but I would rank the first Terminator movie above all 4:

Terminator 1
Aliens
Alien
Terminator 2

One might guess that some of these movies might show up in my top 100 now.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I loved the first 2 of both.