Denis Villenueve seems to be trying to be Christopher Nolan so hard

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
People keep having the Nolan vs. Villeneuve discussion only because they still don't know the true hack(er) - Neil Breen!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

For the record, Christopher Nolan is a pretty good director, who has done both very good, and very average and a couple of very crap movies.

And Villeneuve is better. At least according to me.

But what this thread is about is beyond stupid. There is no reason for fans of either of these directors to get anxious about the existence of the other. Their careers will be just fine without all of your fainting from the wings whenever someone prefers the other one.

on a scale of 1 to 10, how well does your brain work?
I think it's more like on a scale of 1 to troll.

After Dune 2, his star has set for me. He's going to have to hit the next one out of the park to recover from that boring pile of sand and wind. It's a day at the beach but with no ocean.

After Dune 2, his star has set for me. He's going to have to hit the next one out of the park to recover from that boring pile of sand and wind. It's a day at the beach but with no ocean.
You mean that 'tongue in cheek'? I haven't been following the thread so don't know if you previously posted your thoughts on Dune 2 or not.

the first post aged like milk
nah...dune 2 sucked.

I was able to get a good sleep within 20 minutes of watching dune. I guess the same will be true for this boring piece of crap. Denis Villenueve not being able to speak English is very much evident in his movies.

A system of cells interlinked
nah...dune 2 sucked.

I was able to get a good sleep within 20 minutes of watching dune. I guess the same will be true for this boring piece of crap. Denis Villenueve not being able to speak English is very much evident in his movies.
The movie you haven't seen yet sucked? Either that or it's you who is having trouble with the language.

One more time: stating the same weak comments over and over again don't make them true. And, (not) surprisingly, you still haven't addressed many of the rebuttals people have posted refuting what you have been saying.

It's time to, as the old saying goes, put up or shut up. Here, try texting all these comments to yourself instead of littering the thread with them. I am betting you get annoyed very quickly. Either that, or you will somehow lose both sides of an argument with yourself.

The truth is in here
Every time I view this thread more questions pop up. What do they mean with Denis having poor English skills? Does his dialogue contain bad grammar or something?

Every time I view this thread more questions pop up. What do they mean with Denis having poor English skills? Does his dialogue contain bad grammar or something?
Lol....your English is not that different from his.

Welcome to the human race...
think arrival is the only film of his you can really ding as a nolan rip-off and even then it's ripping off interstellar, which isn't that good in the first place. outside of that, he's very much his own filmmaker (for better or worse).

Lol....your English is not that different from his.
You know what else is an important part of English? Reading comprehension. For example, it's important you comprehend the text in this post, where I said you'd have to reply with some actual substance to demonstrate that you're not functionally trolling. Apparently you mistook that for a suggestion.

So, you get to choose what happens next. Either you actually deign to respond to the things you're currently trying to deflect, or you can post another faux edgy sarcastic remark to serve as a parting shot. That'll induce a ban in a way that you'll think saves face, but actually does the opposite because it proves there was nothing underneath the initial assertion, which is what everyone's assuming.

My money's on the latter. Go ahead, surprise me.

I just had to look at Denis filmography, no idea he did sicario, the end of that film though.

Denis is working hard and consistently putting out content, I respect that. I don't call that fake.

I'm gonna wait for all 3 Dune movies before I judge too much, the fact he's getting all 3 of these done is massive and we are actually getting the promised sequels and not being canned impress me and his determination may tell you he wants us to see the whole. Some part of Dune bored me I think that's just the story, honestly I prepared myself to be slightly bored at times, sand and wind etc I knew a level of patience would be needed but the good parts really work well.

nah...dune 2 sucked.

u dont have good taste of movies then cause to me dune part 2 was really amazing i really enjoyed it and it has high reviews so look like ur only ones here who thinks it sucked when it doesnt sucked, look like u seem rac***st that u being mean about a director who doesnt speak english

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
jcaleb hates Villeneuve more than I do. xSookieStackhouse slams people's tastes more than I do. Something's really wrong today.

As promised in my earlier post, I've now deleted a number of replies that do not advance the discussion or engage any of the responses meaningfully.

Next step will be the usual: bans, thread closures, et cetera.

Damn I missed the fun...or lucky me I missed the awfulness.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."