Quentin Tarantino Present's 'Hero' !Coming Soon

Tools    

man im psyched about this moive, its already out on dvd at chinese stores. i heard about this movie long time ago, and now i might go and buy it. Its preety cheap i heard. Jet Li is in this movie. . Tarantino did NOT direct this film, just presenting this movie to us, because it was that damn good. HERE ARE SOME PICS. COMING SOON TO THEATERS ALSO

looks good, HAVE TO BUY

I am having a nervous breakdance
What do you mean Tarantino is presenting it to you?? It was released one and a half year ago in China and over one year ago in USA and to my knowledge has nothing at all to do with Tarantino.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
What do you mean Tarantino is presenting it to you?? It was released one and a half year ago in China and over one year ago in USA and to my knowledge has nothing at all to do with Tarantino.

It's a long story , but yes he does (in a way). There were problems with Tarantino trying to bring this to the states years ago with Miramax. Finally with everything ironed out....it's finally being released theatrically here.

A system of cells interlinked
It isn't in the USA yet. Tarantino was responsible for getting it over here to some extent or another, or so the previews before Kill Bill V2 said. I think it basically said "Quentin Tarantino presents" or something along those lines. I can't remember when it said it would open in theaters, maybe May.

_S

it did say Tarantino presents

Originally Posted by Sedai
It isn't in the USA yet. Tarantino was responsible for getting it over here to some extent or another.... I think it basically said "Quentin Tarantino presents" or something along those lines. I can't remember when it said it would open in theaters, maybe May.

_S
Okay, as I said, there were problems with Tarantino trying to bring this to the states years ago with Miramax. Or you could actually say legal problems. I don't know why it said "Quentin Tarantino Presents" or whatever because he did not write, direct nor produce. I have to find out some how.
Anyways, as for the US release date....it is August 20, 2004.

Ok now, I got it all..... Tarantino who holds the rights to Zhang Yimou's HERO, battled with Miramax to finally release the film (which is almost 2 years old now, and hasn't gotten ANY attention from Miramax, who already had edited the film down to 95 minutes - a version that was also shown all over Europe), and to top it, he convinced Miramax to release it in its original version, which is over 120 minutes long. Which is roughly what I mentioned earlier.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Tarantino does the same for Iron Monkey

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Originally Posted by jrs
Ok now, I got it all..... Tarantino who holds the rights to Zhang Yimou's HERO, battled with Miramax to finally release the film (which is almost 2 years old now, and hasn't gotten ANY attention from Miramax, who already had edited the film down to 95 minutes - a version that was also shown all over Europe), and to top it, he convinced Miramax to release it in its original version, which is over 120 minutes long. Which is roughly what I mentioned earlier.

wait is the US theaterical version going to be 120 minutes or is it 95 minutes

What I heard was that Miramax wasn't going to release it here because they thought it wouldn't do well, but Tarantino was in love with the movie so he fought hard as hell to get it over here. Eventually he convinced them, but only if they could put "Quentin Tarantino Presents" on the front so audiences would have something to recognize with to get them in theaters.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
What I heard was that Miramax wasn't going to release it here because they thought it wouldn't do well, but Tarantino was in love with the movie so he fought hard as hell to get it over here. Eventually he convinced them, but only if they could put "Quentin Tarantino Presents" on the front so audiences would have something to recognize with to get them in theaters.

Ok, then I understand...

The chinese version is 93 mins long compared to the 99 mins version that was shown here in Sweden, all according to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299977/ . Maybe it's the director's cut that is 120 mins long. In any case, it is an extraordinary film and one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. I became a bit tired of all the sword fights towards the end of it though.

I'm surprised it hasn't been released in theaters in USA yet, especially since it was nominated for an academy award in the best foreign film category in 2003, and also considering the huge success that Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon made all over the world.

cant wait to see this movie, and i hope when it eventually gets a video/dvd release we get to see some prime footage of tarantino gushing like an idiot about how great it is like he did on the "tarantino presents" 'chungking express' release.

This sounds brilliant, can't wait. Is it coming to the UK though?

yeah i really enjoyed this movie, except i didnt like the fight in the yellow leaves, all wire play no sword play.I wanted to see this movie on DVD but just never going to happen where i live so I found another way of watching it......

Originally Posted by Nitro_69
yeah i really enjoyed this movie, except i didnt like the fight in the yellow leaves, all wire play no sword play.
Really? I thought that scene was really beautiful. And the rest of the film more than compensated for the possible lack of sword play in that one scene, don't you think?