Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC Apartment

Tools    

Heath Ledger Update....

Originally Posted by WNBC4

NEW YORK -- The test of a $20 bill found at the scene where Heath Ledger's body was discovered has come back negative for drug residue, police said Wednesday.

Earlier Wednesday, the medical examiner's office told NewsChannel 4 that an autopsy on actor Heath Ledger was inconclusive, and more tests are needed.

"We have to do further testing, which includes toxicology and tissue testing. We expect to have results in about 10 days to two weeks," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

She said the timeframe for the results could be shorter or longer.

Another detail that emerged Wednesday had to do with the masseuse who arrived for an appointment when the Oscar-nominated actor's body was discovered. In addition to calling 911, the masseuse called actress Mary-Kate Olsen twice, and Olsen sent over three security men, NYPD sources said.

When Olsen's security personnel arrived, Emergency Medical Services technicians were already on the scene and Ledger was believed dead.

Olsen could not be reached for comment.

An NYPD spokesman said, the masseuse Diana Lee Wolozin, placed two calls to Olsen before calling 911.

In the first call to Olsen, police said Wolozin told Olsen that Ledger is unconscious.

Olsen apparently said she's sending security.

Police said Olsen then called three members of security detail to Ledger's apartment.

Wolozin called Olsen a second time and said she thinks Ledger is dead and tells Olsen she's calling 911, NYPD officials said.

Ledger's body was released around 2 p.m. Wednesday and taken to the Frank E. Campbell funeral home on Madison Avenue at his father's request, according to a medical examiner spokeswoman.

Ledger was found dead, face down on his bed and naked by his housekeeper at 3:26 p.m. on Tuesday. The housekeeper was trying to let him know that the masseuse had arrived for an appointment, police said.

Police sources said investigators found bottles of sleeping and anti-anxiety pills at the apartment.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said that no illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in the apartment. Before the test results emerged, he said testing of the $20 bill was a routine step given where and how it was found.

Kelly said it appears no crime was committed.

Police said an accidental overdose of prescription drugs remains the leading theory. No suicide note had been recovered, police sources said.

The apartment, which Ledger had rented for the last three or four months, was neat, a law enforcement told WNBC.

When asked why the masseuse would call Olsen to send security, a spokeswoman for Mary-Kate Olsen, Annette Wolf, said, "These are things we can't answer, these are not questions we can answer."

When asked if Olsen was dating Heath Ledger, another spokeswoman, Nicole Caruso, said, "I have no information for you on that, I can't answer that".

The New York City Medical Examiner's Office conducted the autopsy Wednesday.

It's really shocking!! what happen to him...his a great actor, never got the idea that he would die in his young age!!! He could have done a lot!! I like him in the movie "10 things I hate about you" funny Guy he was!!....

Wow. That is one I did not see coming.
I didn't see it coming either, but then I've ever predicted the death of any public figure.

Originally Posted by rufnek
I didn't see it coming either, but then I've ever predicted the death of any public figure.
Really? I said for years before his death that Chris Farley wasn't going to last long. Not that it was hard to call, I hardly consider myself Kreskin because I figured a massively obese young man with a hard drug addiction might well die young. But my point obviously is that some young celebrities are in the press a lot with known substance abuse or other problems that make them less-than-safe bets to reach their fifties. Ledger, unlike somebody like Edward Furlong or Brad Renfro, was not.

That's all.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Furlong is too busy trying to save lobsters from certain doom at the grocery store.

Where do you hear about Edward Furlong always in trouble? If it's on Perez Hilton or TMZ news, I haven't been keeping up with it.

Heath Ledger's death was a shock and a senseless tragedy. I was greatly relieved to hear that he didn't commit suicide.He was on the cover of Empire in December and now he's gone.I've believed that he would have won an Oscar in the next 15 years since I saw Monster's Ball. I'd like to say that any of these things were the 1st thing I thought of when I heard the news. But like the self-centred egotist I am all I thought was "Oh no!Is the Dark Knight still gonna be released?"

I realise there's no way to apologise or make up for this but I just felt like I had to come clean somewhere.

I realise there's no way to apologise or make up for this but I just felt like I had to come clean somewhere.
I am sure you were not the only who had that thought, its ok

My life isn't written very well.
...(aside) Powderedwater's avatar looks like it's saying "Paperlate, Paperlate" That Genesis song...really look at it for a second...carry on

In all seriousness MoFo's lookey here:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainm...4183635&page=1

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Those people are a disgrace to Christianity and the United States. Ugh.
Are they? Seems like they are the backbone of this country if one were to ask me... I certainly don't agree with them, but they are what they are. These are the kind of things you get in a free society, you can't have it both ways unfortunately. It was only a matter of time before some attention seekers did something like this.

You're a Genius all the time
Are they? Seems like they are the backbone of this country if one were to ask me...
Really? Batshit insane hate-mongerers are the backbone of America?

Certifiably troglodytic.
Are they? Seems like they are the backbone of this country if one were to ask me... I certainly don't agree with them, but they are what they are. These are the kind of things you get in a free society, you can't have it both ways unfortunately. It was only a matter of time before some attention seekers did something like this.
I would be more content to view them as sciatica-inducing, calcifications surrounding the actual vertebrae of our country . I do think you make a decent and salient-enough point here. As to my point-- to which your words have already alluded-- just because a populace is afforded a particular freedom certainly doesn't warrant the expression of it we saw from this group.

I think it's disgusting. Leave the guy alone. He's dead. They are an abomination.
In truth, it is reprehensible. There's nothing communally productive for this group to act out in this way, except to wrest attention for themselves, which seems to me to be a reaction formation (and an assuagement) to a perceived sense of a larger, societal loss of control and marginalization on their behalf. I wish to make it sufficiently clear that such an attention-getting device deployed by the Westboro Baptist Church is not representative of most servant-minded, reflective and compassionate Christ-followers. It may galvanize a miniscule and an already-entrenched radical faction, but ultimately it is self-implosive at some point.

Excuse me for posting a foul picture, but...

... note the fact that Reverand Bast**d here is wearing a cowboy hat.

Though Ledger was not gay, the church believes he "misused the giant megaphone given to him by God Almighty to speak the truth about fags," Phelps-Roper said
I think we're finally getting somewhere with Phelps. Ledger spoke the truth about gay men ala Brokeback Mountain, a beautiful, touching portrayal about two men in love with each other who have to keep it a secret from all of the lunatics.

Somebody needs to shove a giant megaphone up Rev. Phelps' behind.

Phelps and his followers (which, I believe, are mainly only family members) are nothing more than a hate group masquerading as a Christian group... and the less attention they receive, the better... as far as I'm concerned.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I pity them. When I see people like that, I tend to assume something must have happened to them to make them that way, though I can't always imagine what.

The less attention paid to them, the better. They won't be reasoned with, but maybe a growing awareness of their own marginalization will get through to them at some point.

I remember visiting their website - back in November, I think - and reading a list of their upcoming funeral protests, and I saw that they were gonna be at the Arlington National Cemetary, which is just down the street from me. I wanted to go get them with my tank.

But I forgot about it until just now.

In Aust. we have a TV show called the Chaser's War on Everything. You guys would love it. They did a segment on this group.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>