Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have planned, a French film I got from the library. Sometimes I just pick something, almost anything, and this was based on the title, "Vagabond"

If anyone has seen it, a recommendation, an up or down would be appreciated, as I have 5 other films.

I remember enjoying this movie when I was little, and I haven't seen it in a while, so it's due for a rewatch.

Fire walk with me.

Couldn't find a stream for Sunset Boulevard, so going with this that I've still never seen:

Slowly but surely making my way through all these classics. Think I should enjoy this...

What Linklater have you seen TokeZa?
Besides Boyhood i have seen the Before Trilogy, A Scanner Darkly and School of Rock. I have also seen Dazed and Confused at some point, but i can hardly remember it. So admittedly there is a lot to discover.

Unregistered User

Le Samourai (1967)

After last nights debacle of Dune, i'm sticking this on tonight. It's been on my watchlist for so long and tonight seems like the night.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Besides Boyhood i have seen the Before Trilogy, A Scanner Darkly and School of Rock. I have also seen Dazed and Confused at some point, but i can hardly remember it. So admittedly there is a lot to discover.
You are missing a couple very good ones, including my favorite of his. Slacker, It's Impossible to Learn to Plow by Reading Books, and Waking Life are all worth watching.

I have planned, a French film I got from the library. Sometimes I just pick something, almost anything, and this was based on the title, "Vagabond"

If anyone has seen it, a recommendation, an up or down would be appreciated, as I have 5 other films.
I have. I liked it but, as usual, I can't remember anything about it. It was nearly 20 years ago, though. You've probably seen it by now. What did you think?
You are missing a couple very good ones, including my favorite of his. Slacker, It's Impossible to Learn to Plow by Reading Books, and Waking Life are all worth watching.
For once, bluedeed and I are going to agree. Watch Slacker. Still my favourite Linklater film that I've seen, too. Until School Of Rock I'd seen all his film, almost, as they came out and, despite loving Dazed & Confused, it's still Slacker for me.

Not expecting to like this much, as it seems the sort of style-over-substance film that Kubrick typically made. Still, you never know...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I didn't watch it, I was up real late talking to a girl on chatroulette... But I'll take your recommendation and try to watch it today.
"Talking".
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
For once, bluedeed and I are going to agree. Watch Slacker. Still my favourite Linklater film that I've seen, too. Until School Of Rock I'd seen all his film, almost, as they came out and, despite loving Dazed & Confused, it's still Slacker for me.
I love Dazed and Confused as well, it's basically a commercial version of Slacker and it very well captures the essence of what being in high school for me was like (you can guess which group).

The Hidden (1987)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I Wanna Be Loved By You
Oh yeah, looking forward to this! Harrison Ford and stuff.

Blade Runner (1982), Dir. Ridley Scott.