Quote of the Day

Tools    

The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are. ~ Marcus Aurelius

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
"Kinky!" - Mr Minio
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination.
Carl von Clausewitz

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato

Generals think war should be waged like the tourneys of the Middle Ages. I have no use for knights; I need revolutionaries.
Adolf Hitler

"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions." ~Woody Allen

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." -Salvador Dalí

By the time I'd grown up, I naturally supposed that I'd be grown up.
Eve Babitz

The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present. You can do nothing to change the past, and the future will never come exactly as you plan or hope for.
Dan Millman

Only the mediocre are always at their best.
Jean Giraudoux (1882 - 1944)

I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
Anna Quindlen (1953 - )

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), De Profundis, 1905

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My 5 yo daughter "Can I have redbull because I want wings?"

A man can sleep around, no questions asked, but if a woman makes nineteen or twenty mistakes she's a tramp.
Joan Rivers (1935 - 2014)

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
Ken Olsen (1926 - ), President, Digital Equipment, 1977

If we were not all so interested in ourselves, life would be so uninteresting that none of us would be able to endure it.
Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

The higher the buildings, the lower the morals.
Noel Coward (1899 - 1973)

It is certainly desirable to be well descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors.
Plutarch (46 AD - 120 AD), 'Morals,' 100 A.D.

I Wanna Be Loved By You
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

"You could say, in a vulgar Freudian way, that I am the unhappy child who escapes into books. Even as a child, I was most happy being alone. This has not changed." - Slavoj Zizek

I think the best thing I can do is to be a distraction. A husband lives and breathes his work all day long. If he comes home to more table thumping, how can the poor man ever relax?
Jackie Kennedy

I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
Pablo Picasso

By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich.
Democritus

To give aid to every poor man is far beyond the reach and power of every man. Care of the poor is incumbent on society as a whole.
Baruch Spinoza

No, not rich. I am a poor man with money, which is not the same thing.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”

Mandela

Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving.

Dreams have only one owner at a time. That's why dreamers are lonely.

My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?

I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Erma Bombeck

You ready? You look ready.
“An activist is someone who cannot help but fight for something. That person is not usually motivated by a need for power or money or fame, but in fact is driven slightly mad by some injustice, some cruelty, some unfairness, so much so that he or she is compelled by some internal moral engine to act to make it better.” -Eve Ensler
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future.

- Heath Ledger (1979 - 2008)

"Poverty makes thieves, like love makes poets." ~ Indian Proverb

"When Elephants walk, dogs bark." ~ Indian Proverb