Movies set in your City

Tools    

Also filmed in Boston: Now, Voyager (1942), Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, The Paper Chase, Starting Over, Coma, Altered States, Malice, Whose Life is It Anyway?, Charly (1968), Prozac Nation, Blown Away (1994), The Brink's Job, With Honors, Fever Pitch, Once Around and parts of The Verdict, The Firm and The Last Detail. Also the television series "St. Elsewhere", "Spencer for Hire", "The Practice", "Boston Legal", "Boston Public" and perhaps most famously - although they almost never shot there - "Cheers".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The King of Movies
The only film I can think of that was shot in my hometown in recent memory is All My Friends Are Leaving Brisbane. Not sure of any others, the film business seems to be concentrated elsewhere in this country.
I doubt the film buiness is actualy cocentrated in Australia what so ever. Seriously our film industry sucks in Australia. All we get is the same old Aussie actors (eg. Stephen Curry, that Italian guy from Underbelly and a couple of others) in mediocore films.

Ghost-Rider was shot in Melbourne. The sad thing about that, was, was in Melbourne's local news paper, there was a huge artical about how this movie was shoot here. I doubt there are articals in other city's news papers about movies getting filmed.

Fight Club is set in my city; Wilmington, Delaware baby.

The Molly McQuires with Sean Connery

Pottsville PA. This was set and filmed about 15 minutes outside of my small town

I was born and raised in London, ENGLAND . And considering Pinewood studio is one of the worlds finest, we've had hundreds of flicks filmed in our beautiful city. I don:'t even know where to
start.

Here are just some of the better films filmed in my glorious city:

The Dark Knight

Sunshine

Batman Begins

Following

Alien

Aliens

Bullet Boy

28 Days Later

Kidulthood/Adulthood

The list goes on and on. London is where it's at, mate.

There are many but here's a few off the top of my head...

Interview With A Vampire
Angel Heart
The Big Easy
Cat People
Double Jeopardy
The Skeleton Key
The Pelican Brief
JFK
The Buccaneer
Dracula 2000
Tightrope
Deja vu

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

There are many but here's a few off the top of my head...

Interview With A Vampire
Angel Heart
The Big Easy
Cat People
Double Jeopardy
The Skeleton Key
The Pelican Brief
JFK
The Buccaneer
Dracula 2000
Tightrope
Deja vu
Must be N'Awlins! My favorite "foreign" city!!!

A system of cells interlinked
I was born and raised in London, ENGLAND . And considering Pinewood studio is one of the worlds finest, we've had hundreds of flicks filmed in our beautiful city. I don:'t even know where to
start.

Here are just some of the better films filmed in my glorious city:

The Dark Knight

Sunshine

Batman Begins

Following

Alien

Aliens

Bullet Boy

28 Days Later

Kidulthood/Adulthood

The list goes on and on. London is where it's at, mate.
How about the film Legend! Didn't they accidentally burn down the Bond stage during production or something?

The Molly McQuires with Sean Connery

Pottsville PA. This was set and filmed about 15 minutes outside of my small town
I read the book Molly Maguires. Was the film based on that, do you think?

I read the book Molly Maguires. Was the film based on that, do you think?

I've never read the book, but I would say. Kind-of. I'm not sure. The movie was based on the true stories of the Irish Rebel group the Molly Macguires. They are kind of legends around the area I'm from. They were a group of men who worked in the coalmines and rebeled against the coal companies for treating workers unfairly. They committed all kinds of crimes to get their point across that they werent going to take it anymore.

I would assume that the book would be about the same thing....

Welcome to the human race...
I doubt the film buiness is actualy cocentrated in Australia what so ever. Seriously our film industry sucks in Australia. All we get is the same old Aussie actors (eg. Stephen Curry, that Italian guy from Underbelly and a couple of others) in mediocore films.
To me, it seems like half the well-known movies are filmed in Sydney and the other half are filmed in Melbourne, with the rare exception (e.g. Wolf Creek, although that could've been shot elsewhere. I'm not too sure to be honest.)

King is spot on about the whole "film industry sucks" thing. Apart from the occasional big hit (like The Castle or Chopper), jJust about every Australian film is exactly the way he described (although they occasionally feature one of our internationally-renowned stars - e.g. Australia). Even if the quality of an individual film is good, it tends to flounder commercially because most Australians would rather see the typical Hollywood blockbusters. The concentration seems to be more on making TV than movies, though, because it's simpler to do and easier to profit from.

Ghost-Rider was shot in Melbourne. The sad thing about that, was, was in Melbourne's local news paper, there was a huge artical about how this movie was shoot here. I doubt there are articals in other city's news papers about movies getting filmed.
Especially when it's for a movie like Ghost Rider...then again, the Matrix movies were shot in Australia, I think. It seems to be dropping off as inflation brings the Australian dollar and American dollar closer together, though.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were filmed in Chicago(dont dare put ketchup on a hotdog here)!!!My buddy waited in line for hours to be an extra!He got to be police officer in both but he didnt get to show his face becuase he was in swat gear that covered his face.He got free food and 100 dollars per day.

the only films i can think of that was filmed in my city was a low budget called little chicago, which is actually an old nickname from the 70's that my city held, parts of talladega nights, ...now, in the actual city that we are a suburb of, charlotte, there was nell, with jodie foster, days of thunder, juwana man, stroker ace, and parts of the color purple...
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." - Dante Hicks

I live in Vancouver and although many, many films have been filmed here the only one that comes to mind that is actually set here is the absolutely ridiculous, completely awful, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever.